Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Then that's ok, as long as you aren't one of those claiming Freeze's past makes him unsuitable for the AU job.

Haven't seen some of the double standards like this since the last time I wandered over to the political board!

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

why is that?   

Because we will have been turned down by multiple candidates and it will take time to find someone who will coach here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Because we will have been turned down by multiple candidates and it will take time to find someone who will coach here.

I was talking about Kiffin news.

If it is not Kiffin, it is possible we may not get info until after bowl season.

13 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

you got it.  Ole miss or Auburn,  I do not expect to hear anything concrete 'til After the egg bowl.   As early as pregame warm ups, as late as Friday evening.

We may try to "not over ride" Caddy's big day,  but ole miss will not.   My gut says Kiffin will make a decision tonight,  and sign someone's contract by Friday morning.  News will break one way or the other by Friday afternoon.

Sure seems that would be a realistic assumption. I genuinely believe that, regardless of the final outcome, Auburn this time is doing a professionally led search. That is all that can be done.

We as observers all have our preferences, but human nature dictates that results are uncertain.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

i honestly put zero stock into the reports that came out last night about Kiffin. He may very well stay at Ole Miss, but there is zero evidence to fully back up that report. 

From everything I have seen, he hedged his bets with his players and staff by saying "I plan on staying here unless something drastic changes". I would say a Massive contract for a better job is in that realm of a drastic change. 

If he planned on staying...why not sign the extension. If he told his players "I'm staying" it would be plastered all over twitter by players. 

My belief is he has pretty much been locked in with us since the first of this week and he is just trying to get through this game without his team giving up .....again. 

There's a 50% chance you are not wrong. 

• Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Then that's ok, as long as you aren't one of those claiming Freeze's past makes him unsuitable for the AU job.

It’s not someone’s past that disqualifies them. If past disqualifies people no one would make the cut. We’ve all sinned and fallen short. It’s their present…. HF hasn’t changed, or if he has he hasn’t proven it for a long enough period. Not sure if Deion has or not. 

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

It’s not someone’s past that disqualifies them. If past disqualifies people no one would make the cut. We’ve all sinned and fallen short. It’s their present…. HF hasn’t changed, or if he has he hasn’t proven it for a long enough period. Not sure if Deion has or not. 

LOL at thinking HF needs to prove something to you.  You hold a pretty high opinion of yourself it seems.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Same was said about Mario during our last search. Lanning inherited a very talented roster in a weak conference, and a seasoned SEC QB. He certainly has some appeal but he has a very short resume. 

My interest in Lanning isn't based on his one season in Oregon.  It's b/c of his history, his SEC pedigree, the coaches who shaped his football mind, and his defensive prowess that I think he will prove to be an elite coach.

Guest MustardSeed
19 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

LOL at thinking HF needs to prove something to you.  You hold a pretty high opinion of yourself it seems.

Wow. Has nothing to do with me. Good grief

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Wow. Has nothing to do with me. Good grief

Then who exactly are you implying he needs to prove something to?

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

Then who exactly are you implying he needs to prove something to?

Everyone in general. It takes years to prove you’re fit again for leading young men. It’s also irrelevant. We didn’t hire Cohen to get HF.  We can drop his name altogether IMO

Everyone in general. It takes years to prove you’re fit again for leading young men. It’s also irrelevant. We didn’t hire Cohen to get HF.  We can drop his name altogether IMO

Hugh doesn't owe me a thing.  Very weird to think he would.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

I’ve only laid out the issues of LK and Freeze. But I’ve also said many times that I’d be ok with LK and would support him, I just wouldn’t expect him to be any better than Gus and have laid out why. LK has in the past year or two made some believable comments about his will to be a better man. I’d be ok with Lane. I’d never be ok with Freeze until he’s shown a many years pattern of being a better man.  Sure most on here could care less about the character of the coach as long as he wins. But to me winning is first defined by being a positive influence on a large group of very young men who need shaping, many of whom come from difficult backgrounds.  I’ve done inner city ministry and if you’ve never been there, the needs can be overwhelming. It’s take leaders with true character to be able to handle it properly.  And AU should be a place that not only cares about the financial future of theses young men, but also in helping them know they are loved, have value and can contribute to the well being of others…not just make some money and continue in the same lifestyles many came from. If we do the latter we’ve utterly failed them in the name of entertaining some fans and making money and that I’ll never support. 

Gus Malzahn is not an elite coach, probably not even a great coach.  But, one thing I love about Gus is that he has said openly that his coaching position is his ministry, and believes his work with the young men extends into eternity.  He coaches for the glory of the Lord, and to bring young men to know Christ.  ❤️

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

My interest in Lanning isn't based on his one season in Oregon.  It's b/c of his history, his SEC pedigree, the coaches who shaped his football mind, and his defensive prowess that I think he will prove to be an elite coach.

I think he might as well. He may be the next great one. But again, it’s hard to say if he’s ready to be an SEC HC. Mario played on 2 Miami national championship teams, spent several years coaching with Saban at Bama, and is a stud recruiter. But so far he’s been an average HC. It’s hard to predict with all young coaches. 

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, lovemytigerz said:

Gus Malzahn is not an elite coach, probably not even a great coach.  But, one thing I love about Gus is that he has said openly that his coaching position is his ministry, and believes his work with the young men extends into eternity.  He coaches for the glory of the Lord, and to bring young men to know Christ.  ❤️

Agreed. As one who’s dedicated my entire future to Christ, I appreciate when coaches represent that well. But it’s also not a requirement for me for them to be as such. I believe AU is a special place and regardless of how they come, as long as they come s decent men to be placed in power positions that the AU family will have that positive influence on them. 

7 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

His coaching position should have been working to recruit OL and QBs.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I think he might as well. He may be the next great one. But again, it’s hard to say if he’s ready to be an SEC HC. Mario played on 2 Miami national championship teams, spent several years coaching with Saban at Bama, and is a stud recruiter. But so far he’s been an average HC. It’s hard to predict with all young coaches. 

There’s no coach out there this go round that is even a high probability of high level success, unless we go the LSU route and steal one that doesn’t appear to be on the market. 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

There’s no coach out there this go round that is even a high probability of high level success, unless we go the LSU route and steal one that doesn’t appear to be on the market. 

I generally disagree with most of your takes but in this I agree 100%. 

Guest MustardSeed

Not that anyone cares, but just in case someone is looking for a response… I’m out for the day. Off to celebrate with family and thank the Lord for all of the immense blessings in my life. Bless all you guys

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

There have been several stellar defensive coaches who were unable to "evolve" into the CEO role of a HC; Chizik, Muschamp, Odom come to mind.  Lanning doesn't seem to be falling into that trap.

Key dofference:  Mario is an offensive coach.  All the offenses today loook about the same, and offensive coaches are, frankly, a dime a dozen.  If you look across the football landscape, you'll notice that the juggernaut programs have defensive coaches, and they have suffocating defense.  What was true before the wide open, fast paced offenses is still true today:  offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.  Auburn should be hiring a great defensive mind, not yet another "offensive genius".

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Agreed. As one who’s dedicated my entire future to Christ, I appreciate when coaches represent that well. But it’s also not a requirement for me for them to be as such. I believe AU is a special place and regardless of how they come, as long as they come s decent men to be placed in power positions that the AU family will have that positive influence on them. 

Completely agree.

Not that anyone cares, but just in case someone is looking for a response… I’m out for the day. Off to celebrate with family and thank the Lord for all of the immense blessings in my life. Bless all you guys

Happy Thanksgiving, and all glory to the LORD!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I agree.  Freeze has proven he can beat Bama though, none of the others can say that.

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Why announce that your popular interim coach is being replaced before the Bama game? Gotta crush the player’s psyche. 

``We won't,  but ole miss will.   

Drive a stake in the heart of our search saying we missed out on our #1 before the iron bowl  saying Kiffin signed with them.    OR   That Kiffin signed with us and announce they are starting their search.    Why would UM  care about Cadillac's big day?

• Like 2