Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

``We won't,  but ole miss will.   

Drive a stake in the heart of our search saying we missed out on our #1 before the iron bowl  saying Kiffin signed with them.    OR   That Kiffin signed with us and announce they are starting their search.    Why would UM  care about Cadillac's big day?

Why would Lane have to inform them of his decision before Sunday?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Why would Lane have to inform them of his decision before Sunday?

possibly, but you don't think they would know that he has not signed his new contract with them?    No one cares about Caddy's big day but us Auburn fans.  When a decision is made,  someone will talk.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I agree.  Freeze has proven he can beat Bama though, none of the others can say that.

He's much like Gus .. he'll win some games that, on paper, he has no chance.  Then, he'll turn around and lose games he should absolutely win!  Liberty beat Arky, then turned around and lost to UConn.  🤷‍♀️

Much as beating Bama is high on my list, it's not the only measuring stick for our coach.  It saddens me that Auburn has settled for 2nd best, and believing we deserve less than AUsomeness!

3 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Much as beating Bama is high on my list, it's not the only measuring stick for our coach.  It saddens me that Auburn has settled for 2nd best, and believing we deserve less than AUsomeness!

Why do you believe we settled for anything? We’re pursuing some excellent coaches. We can’t make Ryan Day and Dabo quit their jobs to come to Auburn. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

There have been several stellar defensive coaches who were unable to "evolve" into the CEO role of a HC; Chizik, Muschamp, Odom come to mind.  Lanning doesn't seem to be falling into that trap.

Key dofference:  Mario is an offensive coach.  All the offenses today loook about the same, and offensive coaches are, frankly, a dime a dozen.  If you look across the football landscape, you'll notice that the juggernaut programs have defensive coaches, and they have suffocating defense.  What was true before the wide open, fast paced offenses is still true today:  offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.  Auburn should be hiring a great defensive mind, not yet another "offensive genius".

While I do not disagree in principle....I do want to point out a few things.

There is a reason that Saban brought in Kiffin and pretty much revamped his entire coaching philosophy to be a high powered potent offensive team.

LSU won their natty with Offense. You still have a to be a good Defense, but the game has certainly evolved more towards the O side of the ball.

UGA last year was one of the best defensive teams i have seen play in 10 years...but they also had a very potent offense that gets lost in the pages. that was definitely a team that probably could have won a natty even with a mediocre offense...but not a certainty

In 2019, we had a defense capable of title contention...if only we had a competent offense that year we should have a title run and we would not have ever had to seen LSU raise the trophy....or at least we would have made the playoffs. 

Clemson in their run of multiple title appearances and 2 ncs....had a great defense in 2015 and 2016, but they also had a generational QB. 

Auburn 2010 won a nc with offense. we had an opportune Defense and we had the best D player in the country in Fairly but we were definitely not a suffocating Defense.  

Auburn 2013 made a title appearance...had a great offense but defense left A LOT to be desired. Now....the flip side of that one is if we had just a slightly better D that year...we likely win. Is what it is. 

The point I am making is it typically takes both a good offense and a good defense to win a ship...with one or the other being elite. It can be either or. if you have one side of the ball elite...and the other side is above average to good...and then you still need a lot of things to go your way to win a NC.  That's the rule. Not a whole lot of exceptions. 

I also think your comments about most offenses look the same...is off base. do many modern offenses run some of the same concepts? Yes. So do most Defenses.  I do agree when you said offensive coaches are a dime a dozen....As are defensive coaches...but GOOD offensive coaches (i.e. Kiffin) are not a dime a dozen...and good Defensive coaches (i.e. saban and Kirby) are not a dime a dozen either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Why do you believe we settled for anything? We’re pursuing some excellent coaches. We can’t make Ryan Day and Dabo quit their jobs to come to Auburn. 

I'm not in the Ryan Day nor Dabo camps.

Kiffin is an 8-4 coach on average.  We have more than a decade of history to look at for him, and while he has had some good years, he's had more mediocre years.  If you saw the OM post, none of Kiffin's SEC wins since 2020 have been against a team that finished better than 5-5 in the SEC.  I looked it up, and they are absolutely right! 

Kiffin is not an "elite" coach.  He would get Auburn off the bottom, but he won't get us to the top.  He'll get us to mediocrity.  That's settling.

Freeze's record is slightly better than Kiffin's, but he's immoral and he's a cheater.  There has been, to date, no evidence that his heart nor his character has changed, and character matters.

So, who are these excellent coaches we are pursuing?  I'm genuinely interested!

5 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Kiffin is an 8-4 coach on average.  We have more than a decade of history to look at for him, and while he has had some good years, he's had more mediocre years.  If you saw the OM post, none of Kiffin's SEC wins since 2020 have been against a team that finished better than 5-5 in the SEC.  I looked it up, and they are absolutely right! 

Kiffin is not an "elite" coach.  He would get Auburn off the bottom, but he won't get us to the top.  He'll get us to mediocrity.  That's settling.

Freeze's record is slightly better than Kiffin's, but he's immoral and he's a cheater.  There has been, to date, no evidence that his heart nor his character has changed, and character matters.

There is no perfect solution here, no perfect hire.  There never is, you can never predict how things will ultimately go.

The new coach may flounder or flourish - time will tell!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

So you now know the heart and intentions of men? Hmmm 🤔 🧐 🤨 

• Like 1

Not a huge fan of lane but it’d be a big momentum boast at least if we got him. Freeze we could have had 3 months ago or 3 months (3 years) from now - just mail him a bus ticket. We hired a super AD to get …. Hugh? Hope it doesn’t track that way.

• Like 1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Not a huge fan of lane but it’d be a big momentum boast at least if we got him. Freeze we could have had 3 months ago or 3 months (3 years) from now - just mail him a bus ticket. We hired a super AD to get …. Hugh? Hope it doesn’t track that way.

Nobody said he was a super AD. He only can get who he can get. I know you love DS but it’s not like the prominent schools are seeking him out. Auburn fans need to be realistic. But I do agree Lane Kiffin would be nice. I consider hugh to mean we struck out on all the premier candidates we wanted. Not because he was at the top of list. 

22 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

So you’re not with Day or Dabo, and Saban isn’t available. Those are widely recognized as the most successful coaches right now. Kirby is happy at UGA. And you think Kiffin and Freeze are average. Who is the elite coach we’re passing on who wants to come here?  

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

No, actually he did not.

He did. You can live with these silly technicalities if it makes you feel better, but the fact is he still beat them and everyone knows it, including you. You can argue that he cheated or bought players or whatever, but he has still developed them and coached them up, and he still developed and successfully implemented a game plan that beat them two years in a row. Not to mention his coaching decisions during the game. I don't think I have disagreed with you yet since you've started posting (which I'm glad you have), but you need to let this go.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nobody said he was a super AD. He only can get who he can get. I know you love DS but it’s not like the prominent schools are seeking him out. Auburn fans need to be realistic. But I do agree Lane Kiffin would be nice. I consider hugh to mean we struck out on all the premier candidates we wanted. Not because he was at the top of list. 

This isn’t about DS. That ship has sailed. It literally is a non effort, 4 min phone call hire. He’s not in anyway an in-demand coach. I’m going to enjoy thanksgiving and hope this goes away.

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

This isn’t about DS. That ship has sailed. It literally is a non effort, 4 min phone call hire. He’s not in anyway an in-demand coach. I’m going to enjoy thanksgiving and hope this goes away.

That’s fine but don’t throw shade at the AD like he is not trying lol. 

42 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

I have a few simple questions in response of this post for ya.....

#1. Do you believe that a coach can improve throughout his career? 

#2. Do you think Ole miss provides the same opportunities to a coach that Au does? Recruiting, Facilities, Fan support, Moneys, Nil, history, etc? 

#3- based on your answers to #1 and #2...Is it not feasible for a coach who previously coached at Ole Miss to do better later in his career at AU?

Honestly his board cracks me up. Look at our last 3 coaching searches and how they ended up.  This go round, we have 2 names that have been the primary focus and they both have extensive HC experience, a proven history of being able to produce a quality product on the field and on the crooting trail....and in the SEC at that....and here we are complaining. I love this fanbase lol!!!!!! 

I hear people saying Freeze would be a jaba hire. Hell No.....lashlee would be a jaba hire. Muschamp would be a jaba hire. grimes 9 (although i think he has potential) would be a jaba hire. Freeze is not a jaba hire at all. You can bring up his history and that's fine. so he got caught breaking the rules. Every school and coach does it. He got caught.  Whether you agree with that or even forgive him or not is fine...but it has no bearing on his capabilities as a coach. I for one think he deserves another shot. 

As for those saying his wins against Bama don't count because they were vacated due to that.....2015 wasn't vacated....and regardless what the NCAA says he beat that ass in 2014 too. 

I just think we are in a much better place for this hire than we have been in the last 20 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Honestly his board cracks me up. Look at our last 3 coaching searches and how they ended up.  This go round, we have 2 names that have been the primary focus and they both have extensive HC experience, a proven history of being able to produce a quality product on the field and on the crooting trail....and in the SEC at that....and here we are complaining. I love this fanbase lol!!!!!! 

I hear people saying Freeze would be a jaba hire. Hell No.....lashlee would be a jaba hire. Muschamp would be a jaba hire. grimes 9 (although i think he has potential) would be a jaba hire. Freeze is not a jaba hire at all. You can bring up his history and that's fine. so he got caught breaking the rules. Every school and coach does it. He got caught.  Whether you agree with that or even forgive him or not is fine...but it has no bearing on his capabilities as a coach. I for one think he deserves another shot. 

As for those saying his wins against Bama don't count because they were vacated due to that.....2015 wasn't vacated....and regardless what the NCAA says he beat that ass in 2014 too. 

I just think we are in a much better place for this hire than we have been in the last 20 years.

You will just find, you can't make most people happy or people have their own agendas. Probably a little bit of both. Some posters have one specific coach in mind and if he is not hired all the rest just won't work. I can literally see Grimes, Freeze , Kiffin, Sanders making it work here despite their flaws.

• Love 2