Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

45 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I’m thinking Friday.

I certainly hope so.  It would give us free press for the biggest weekend of CFB this season.  Croots need to know what's up ASAP.

I won't hate it if we wait until Sunday but I will feel like it was a lost opportunity.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, woodford said:

I guess Auburn board and Prez really wanted Lane and so that’s why they hired Cohen? 

I hope he does well and I’ll gladly eat crow but I’m just that excited for this hire. I wanted a grand slam hire that would put UGA and Bama on notice. We just hired a very popular coach who has a lot of potential but we will see if he can clean up a mess like this. 

Completely agree.

3 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I certainly hope so.  It would give us free press for the biggest weekend of CFB this season.  Croots need to know what's up ASAP.

I won't hate it if we wait until Sunday but I will feel like it was a lost opportunity.

100% disagreed. 2 days is nothing. 

Win or lose, it’s Cadillac’s day.

• Like 1

Just now, Viper said:

100% disagreed. 2 days is nothing. 

Win or lose, it’s Cadillac’s day.

Auburn is bigger than Carnell.

• Like 7

Guest MustardSeed

Assuming this all turns out to be true…I somehow have to go from despising LK and all his low character moves over the years and somehow believe he’s gonna guide young men in a good and positive way to be great Auburn men. I hope it can be, I just don’t see it happening. My next 3-4 years as an AU fan will be borderline hypocrite. So someone help me out. Where are the stories of LK being a good human?

20 minutes ago, Viper said:

Auburn will not announce it before the Iron Bowl.

On the contrary, it could make sense to do so. There’s growing support amongst the less informed Auburn fans for Caddy to become permanent. Should we wait until after the iron bowl and Caddy pulls off a win, it could cause backlash from the folks in the fan base that won’t understand that the deal was already done. Announce before, and allow the story of this iron bowl to be about Kiffin coming in. It will soften the blow to those fans, and will kill any noise about Caddy getting the job permanently. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

“Love Auburn and it will love you back.”

- Carnell Williams

Keeping him on staff with a promotion is plenty of love.  Assistant OC/RB Corch is a nice reward for how he's helped.  We could get real frisky and give him AHC but I'm not sure a new HC would want that.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

I completely agree with @Vipera few days doesn’t matter. The Iron Bowl doesn’t need a story about Kiffin coming in. There is already a story for this game. The team is trying to prepare and win a game they don’t need They dint need the additional distraction . Also, Kiffin coming in is the worst kept secret out there. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

On the contrary, it could make sense to do so. There’s growing support amongst the less informed Auburn fans for Caddy to become permanent. Should we wait until after the iron bowl and Caddy pulls off a win, it could cause backlash from the folks in the fan base that won’t understand that the deal was already done. Announce before, and allow the story of this iron bowl to be about Kiffin coming in. It will soften the blow to those fans, and will kill any noise about Caddy getting the job permanently. 

Screw the fans. 

Lane will get plenty of time in the sun.

The deal is already done. Winning or losing on Saturday will not change that.

Saturday is about Cadillac. 

Sunday (or Monday) will be about Lane. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Assuming this all turns out to be true…I somehow have to go from despising LK and all his low character moves over the years and somehow believe he’s gonna guide young men in a good and positive way to be great Auburn men. I hope it can be, I just don’t see it happening. My next 3-4 years as an AU fan will be borderline hypocrite. So someone help me out. Where are the stories of LK being a good human?

I guess it'd be important to know what you consider to be Lane Kiffins "low Character moves".

In my view Kiffin is certainly better on a "character" front than Hugh Freeze would have been. 

How would announcing it on Sunday, AFTER the games are played, give us less eyes than when we’re competing against the actual games??? Hell on Friday, we’re competing against the biggest soccer match in this country in a lifetime and other football games. We’d have significantly less market share on Friday than we would Sunday 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

How would announcing it on Sunday, AFTER the games are played, give us less eyes than when we’re competing against the actual games??? Hell on Friday, we’re competing against the biggest soccer match in this country in a lifetime and other football games. We’d have significantly less market share on Friday than we would Sunday 

If announced on Friday it would give Friday (most CFB fans/croots could not care less about soccer), Saturday (the biggest CFB weekend of the season wiith the most eyes), and then Sunday - Signing day.  Wasting this Saturday seems like bad strategy.  Every decision made needs to be about what is best for salvaging this class and setting up for the transfer portal.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Literally the only sporting event I will be paying attention to Friday.  Lane can wait.

3 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

If announced on Friday it would give Friday (most CFB fans/croots could not care less about soccer), Saturday (the biggest CFB weekend of the season wiith the most eyes), and then Sunday - Signing day.  Wasting this Saturday seems like bad strategy.

Get out more my man.  Its the World Cup and people absolutely care that normally wouldn't.   Transcends normal fandoms. This was Birmingham yesterday during a work day.  I would bet most of these folks are college football fans as well.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, woodford said:

I guess Auburn board and Prez really wanted Lane and so that’s why they hired Cohen? 

I hope he does well and I’ll gladly eat crow but I’m just that excited for this hire. I wanted a grand slam hire that would put UGA and Bama on notice. We just hired a very popular coach who has a lot of potential but we will see if he can clean up a mess like this. 

I feel like Kiffin is a grand slam hire for us. When you figure in how bad we have gotten hammered in the media because of the Harsin mess, also how thin our roster is and our QB situation is as bad as it's ever been, then yes it's a grand slam hire. 

I know Kiffin doesn't have a National title as HC but he is a top name nationwide. He got the Raiders job when he was still a kid, he got the Tennessee job, he got the USC job, he was chosen by Saban to totally overhaul Bama's offense and he did, he rehabbed his image there and as HC at FAU and then Ole Miss got him. His name always comes up whenever a team needs a HC. It's because the guy can coach ball. Yeah he has moved around some but he has always bettered himself each move. 

There's a reason Tennessee was so pissed he left and now Ole Miss fans are pissed. It's because they know they're losing a damn good coach. The guy won a Natty at Alabama in 2015 with JAKE COKER at QB!!!! He nearly won a Natty in 2014 with BLAKE SIMS at QB. That's unbelievable in my opinion. Jimbo at Florida State didnt even let Coker play and that's when FSU was rolling. Look what he has done at Ole Miss. He is 23-11 there with a Sugar Bowl appearance. Haters always say that he hasn't beaten Saban but good grief, he was at a bad Tennessee job that just fired Fulmer and Lane lost to Bama 12-10 on a Mount Cody blocked FG. That Bama team went undefeated and won a Natty. Now he's at Ole Miss and he has came VERY close to beating Saban. At Auburn, Lane would go .500 against Bama. I would bet that. 

We will be able to hang with Bama, LSU and UGA with Kiffin as HC. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Literally the only sporting event I will be paying attention to Friday.  Lane can wait.

I assume you are all talking about USMST vs England? 

I don't follow mens soccer much, but I thought the mens team has been down the last few years 

Does the US actually have a realistic shot at winning this? 

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I don't follow mens soccer much, but I thought the mens team has been down the last few years 

No, not a chance.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I fell like Kiffin is a grand slam hire for us. When you figure in how bad we have gotten hammered in the media because of the Harsin mess, also how thin our roster is and our QB situation is as bad as it's ever been, then yes it's a grand slam hire. 

I know Kiffin doesn't have a National title as HC but he is a top name nationwide. He got the Raiders job when he was still a kid, he got the Tennessee job, he got the USC job, he was chosen by Saban to totally overhaul Bama's offense and he did, he rehabbed his image there and as HC at FAU and then Ole Miss got him. His name always comes up whenever a team needs a HC. It's because the guy can coach ball. Yeah he has moved around some but he has always bettered himself each move. 

There's a reason Tennessee was so pissed he left and now Ole Miss fans are pissed. It's because they know they're losing a damn good coach. The guy won a Natty at Alabama in 2015 with JAKE COKER at QB!!!! He nearly won a Natty in 2014 with BLAKE SIMS at QB. That's unbelievable in my opinion. Jimbo at Florida State didnt even let Coker play and that's when FSU was rolling. Look what he has done at Ole Miss. He is 23-11 there with a Sugar Bowl appearance. Haters always say that he hasn't beaten Saban but good grief, he was at a bad Tennessee job that just fired Fulmer and Lane lost to Bama 12-10 on a Mount Cody blocked FG. That Bama team went undefeated and won a Natty. Now he's at Ole Miss and he has came VERY close to beating Saban. At Auburn, Lane would go .500 against Bama. I would bet that. 

I agree. Even though he isn't the top guy on my list...more of a 2a or 2b option, he is absolutely a homerun hire in the national spotlight and in the light of HS players. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Us vs England is Friday at 1 pm.

We have the youngest roster at the World Cup. Lots of young talent.  The game Friday is huge if we want to get to the knockout rounds.  Need at least a draw.

We aren't winning the whole thing, but we can certainly make a run.  Its really about gaining experience for when these guys are in their prime 4 years from now and we host the tournament.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

So everyone is in consensus that Lane will be the next HC at Auburn

Some of us are holding out, hoping Kiffin is a smokescreen. Probably not, but while there is life there is hope.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Hell yeah! I didn’t like the hire from the start. He was given ample time to turn things around here.

Yeah, in his time at Auburn he still didn't sign an offensive lineman. It's offensive. 

35 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I feel like Kiffin is a grand slam hire for us. When you figure in how bad we have gotten hammered in the media because of the Harsin mess, also how thin our roster is and our QB situation is as bad as it's ever been, then yes it's a grand slam hire. 

Correct. Kiffin is a game changer at Auburn. We are about to see what real innovative offense looks like. He will attract QB's, and skill players on offense here the likes of which many of us have been dreaming about for many years. 

With the right budget for him to hire some elite defensive coaches the sky is the limit.

• Like 3
  • Love 1