Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

9 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I give up. I thought we could all rally behind a good coach. I’ve lost all hope in some of you.  Shameful. 

We as AU fans best get behind our future coach or we are doomed. I’ll take a break until the announcement is made. 

War Eagle always. 

Dude, don't overreact. Those of us that have been here awhile know how much you have brought to the table over the years. I can't speak for everyone, but I was initially behind LK. Now, I've watched him make some bonehead (maybe even more than usual) decisions, and I am starting to wonder if he is a slightly better version of GM. That being said, if he is actually announced, I (along with many others) will be 100% for it. He'd still be the best X's and O's coach AU has hired in a long time and I don't know who else AU could expect that would be better. Again, thanks for all you do. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Dude, don't overreact. Those of us that have been here awhile know how much you have brought to the table over the years. I can't speak for everyone, but I was initially behind LK. Now, I've watched him make some bonehead (maybe even more than usual) decisions, and I am starting to wonder if he is a slightly better version of GM. That being said, if he is actually announced, I (along with many others) will be 100% for it. He'd still be the best X's and O's coach AU has hired in a long time and I don't know who else AU could expect that would be better. Again, thanks for all you do. 

^THIS^

Wait are people thinking we can't critique CLK? Why not? No more blind loyalty. Auburn fanbase will support their coach but they are not above criticism. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

You’re right. I’m overreacting. 

I found myself pulling so hard for Ole Miss there (there’s a first for everything), I got a little lost in the comments. 

still a good idea for me to take a little breather. Thanks for the positivity. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, e808 said:

I concur . If we look at his track record pattern 3 years and done whether fired or on his accord. Tennessee-disaster, USC disaster, Raiders - disaster,  Fau- Good , Ole Miss- good. He is better than the previous coach but does he move the needle toward what Kirby is doing at Georgia.

Please stop with this. 

I'll give you UT; however, he left for his (and his wife's) dream job in USC which, at the time, was undoubtedly an upgrade.  (own accord)

Coached under heavy sanctions at USC. I hate excuses, but it most definitely played a factor. (ran off as a scapegoat)

Raiders - timeline is screwed up here, but Al Davis' take on the situation can't be trusted. He was also young and obviously not ready. (ran off as a scapegoat)

Bama OC - This should be included. Left to take another HC opportunity (arguably an upgrade in job status). (partly ran off/ partly sought upgrade)

FAU - 1st HC opp since being an OC at the "Saban's rehabilitation for failed coaches camp." Brought them up. (Left for an upgrade)

UM - 3 years and had a chance at back to back 10 win years. Upgrade over the last position. 

Bottom line: Outside of UT, he hasn't showed a trend of anything that wouldn't be considered normal 

Edited by Browning4AU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OM got jobbed on the backward pass.  Refs obviously blew the play dead as players from both side just stop and stand around.

2 big things I did not like, should've gotten 7 on at least one of those early FG drives and not kicking the FG when they went for it.

I thought the shuffle pass was an ok call, the guy was across the goal line and it would have been a TD without an incredible play by the DL.  The 99 yard drive under that pressure was well called and executed.

Overall I give Kiffin a B- in this one.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, e808 said:

I concur . If we look at his track record pattern 3 years and done whether fired or on his accord. Tennessee-disaster, USC disaster, Raiders - disaster,  Fau- Good , Ole Miss- good. He is better than the previous coach but does he move the needle toward what Kirby is doing at Georgia.

LK has baggage. If you want baggage, Urban is your man. Hide your wife or girlfriend :) but he is your man. Unless you want to go BIGTIME.. there is a guy in Seattle that's bored. And would love to take on Nikki Kick 6 in his own back yard. Tim Cooke might help pull Pete Carroll here, he misses the college game. You remember 2004, USC in Auburn. 

Gary Patterson has interviewed for the Auburn Job twice if my memory serves me right. His Defense for Texas, DID beat Bama, Refs saved them from early season loss.

Edited by tightendoverthemiddle

12 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Please stop with this. 

I'll give you UT; however, he left for he (and his wife's) dream job in USC which, at the time, was undoubtedly an upgrade.  (own accord)

Coached under heavy sanctions at USC. I hate excuses, but it most definitely played a factor. (ran off as a scapegoat)

Raiders - timeline is screwed up here, but Al Davis' take on the situation can't be trusted. He was also young and obviously not ready. (ran off as a scapegoat)

Bama OC - This should be included. Left to take another HC opportunity (arguably an upgrade in job status). (partly ran off/ partly sought upgrade)

FAU - 1st HC opp since being an OC at the "Saban's rehabilitation for failed coaches camp." Brought them up. (Left for an upgrade)

UM - 3 years and had a chance at back to back 10 win years. Upgrade over the last position. 

Bottom line: Outside of UT, he hasn't showed a trend of anything that wouldn't be considered normal 

U think that pattern is normal ok. Just pointing it out. Some points that have been made people are hoping for a coach that will have tenure. His history says otherwise. IJS

27 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

You’re right. I’m overreacting. 

I found myself pulling so hard for Ole Miss there (there’s a first for everything), I got a little lost in the comments. 

still a good idea for me to take a little breather. Thanks for the positivity. 

Simply put: LANE KIFFIN IS NOT WORTHY OF AUBURN!! PERIOD!!

• Facepalm 4
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Did you just quote yourself or did you forget to switch accounts?

Total rookie move. He even misspelled Kiffin’s name in one post and spelled it correctly in the other. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Please stop with this. 

I'll give you UT; however, he left for he (and his wife's) dream job in USC which, at the time, was undoubtedly an upgrade.  (own accord)

I've been for Lane, then against Lane but I will say that Tennessee went 5-7 in 2008 and they fired Fat Phil. Lane took over and they finished 7-6 and went to a bowl. He lost 12-10 to Bama on 2 blocked FG's by Mount Cody. That's the closest anybody played Bama in 2009. They went undefeated, Ingram won them their 1st Heisman that year and they won their first Natty under Saban. So Lane did a pretty good job at Tennessee. His QB was Erik Ainge so he didn't have much to work with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, e808 said:

U think that pattern is normal ok. Just pointing it out. Some points that have been made people are hoping for a coach that will have tenure. His history says otherwise. IJS

Yes, and please read the long post to understand why. The pattern you outlined does not sound normal, but it is also false. OC at USC, Hired as HC for the Raiders (crazy hire to begin with, so yea, not normal), Fired as HC from the Raiders (definitely normal. So much of a lost cause they changed cities and still doing terribly), hired as HC at UT (well stated he and Layla were never comfortable there), offered his dream job as USC HC and took it. He failed amongst the sanctions that Pete Carrol left and got fired. Then, he entered the rehab in Tuscaloosa which has turned out to be very normal the last several years. Left to take a HC job and brought them up. Left for a bigger HC job (normal) and brought them up. 

All of the above can be considered "normal." It can be summarized as a case where someone failed but worked themselves back up. That's a lot to take in considering he started his HC role 16 years ago at the highest level when he was 31! Break down his tenure as HC:

2 @ Oak - Fired- 

1 @ UT - Left for Upgrade-

3 @ USC - Fired amongst sanctions (not his)-

3 as OC @ Bama - Left for Upgrade-

3 as HC @ FAU -Brought them up and left for upgrade-

3 as HC @ Miss - Brought them up/possibly leaving for upgrade-

What isn't normal about this? Since his time as OC at USC he has left for 4 upgrades and got fired at two stops: 1 in the NFL when he was ~33 and first time HC, and 1 at USC during probation that he didn't cause. Everything else he left for a better opportunity. I'll share your concern if you are willing to admit that he'd get a better opportunity after AU, but as others have said, the only way that happens is if he competes at the highest level. I will also challenge that with the question of, who was the last HC to leave AU for a better opportunity?

Finally, please put down the "Lane is a threat to leave at the first opportunity" comments to rest. It simply isn't true ASIDE from the move from UT to USC. 

Edited by Browning4AU
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 11:15 PM, WFE12 said:

He'll do the same to us whenever he leaves. Just win us some big games and get us back to championship contention before then and I'm happy.

I second this. At the very least he'll have us in a good position with recruiting and we should be able to get a top level coach to replace him. However, unless it's a school to the caliber of a Bama or USC...i don't see him leaving. But you never know with all the alignment changes though. I wouldn't be surprised if he went back out west. But i think Lane would love to be a thorn in the side of Saban and Kirby. 

2 hours ago, Browning4AU said:

Yes, and please read the long post to understand why. The pattern you outlined does not sound normal, but it is also false. OC at USC, Hired as HC for the Raiders (crazy hire to begin with, so yea, not normal), Fired as HC from the Raiders (definitely normal. So much of a lost cause they changed cities and still doing terribly), hired as HC at UT (well stated he and Layla were never comfortable there), offered his dream job as USC HC and took it. He failed amongst the sanctions that Pete Carrol left and got fired. Then, he entered the rehab in Tuscaloosa which has turned out to be very normal the last several years. Left to take a HC job and brought them up. Left for a bigger HC job (normal) and brought them up. 

All of the above can be considered "normal." It can be summarized as a case where someone failed but worked themselves back up. That's a lot to take in considering he started his HC role 16 years ago at the highest level when he was 31! Break down his tenure as HC:

2 @ Oak - Fired- 

1 @ UT - Left for Upgrade-

3 @ USC - Fired amongst sanctions (not his)-

3 as OC @ Bama - Left for Upgrade-

3 as HC @ FAU -Brought them up and left for upgrade-

3 as HC @ Miss - Brought them up/possibly leaving for upgrade-

What isn't normal about this? Since his time as OC at USC he has left for 4 upgrades and got fired at two stops: 1 in the NFL when he was ~33 and first time HC, and 1 at USC during probation that he didn't cause. Everything else he left for a better opportunity. I'll share your concern if you are willing to admit that he'd get a better opportunity after AU, but as others have said, the only way that happens is if he competes at the highest level. I will also challenge that with the question of, who was the last HC to leave AU for a better opportunity?

Finally, please put down the "Lane is a threat to leave at the first opportunity" comments to rest. It simply isn't true ASIDE from the move from UT to USC. 

There isn’t nothing false about what I said. I am showing how goal post are moved depending on the person. Kirby and Prime were  labeled as they won’t be at Auburn long and will bolt for their Alma mater when there is not proof. Now fast forward to LK since 2005 he has been at 7 different places whether upgrade or fired. If he comes to Auburn that makes 8. Yes coaches don’t normally leaves Auburn but LK marches to the beat of his own drum. Only time will tell but the stats say within 3 years he would be gone one way or another.

Guest MustardSeed
5 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I second this. At the very least he'll have us in a good position with recruiting and we should be able to get a top level coach to replace him. However, unless it's a school to the caliber of a Bama or USC...i don't see him leaving. But you never know with all the alignment changes though. I wouldn't be surprised if he went back out west. But i think Lane would love to be a thorn in the side of Saban and Kirby. 

He’s been out recruited by Harsin and Leach…last year he finished 11th in the SEC

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

It doesn't. "Expects" is just another way to not say "absolutely". The article then goes on to say that Auburn will pursue Freeze if Kiffin does not become Auburn's coach. That's false.  

• Like 1