Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

18 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Regular students don’t spend most of their time being led and disciplined under the direction of one person.  The average regular student doesn’t come from the same background the typical scholarship football player comes from. Many (not all of course, but many) come from tough backgrounds and absolutely do need more guidance than the average student. Try doing inner city ministry one time. It’s not being emotional at all. It’s actually caring about what happens to these young men. It’s actually caring whether they are taught to be grown up children lacking character or raised to be good men. A message board isn’t sufficient to explain it to those that don’t see it. You guys can desire to win at all costs and just accept the status quo. I’ll be different.  No worries. 

I don't disagree.   I am not a win at all cost guy,  but I am willing to look over some of the minor things for a  winning coach.    There is a large enough  support system at Auburn that it doesn't have to revolve around the head coach.   FCA, former players,  assistant coaches ,  good people like you volunteering their time to be big brother to very young recruits,  and a life coach to current players.   Assuming you care that much.

Everyone wants the "father figure" /dynasty building coach.  But how many  father figure/ dominating coaches are out there? How many willing to leave the players they are a father figure  and come to Auburn?   

They all have some baggage,  or they do not have any experience.  Some more than others.  You learn from your  choices.  good and bad.    There is no perfect coach.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's the only game Spurrier ever did that. He did it because Auburn had a lot better team than he did and his only chance to win was to go into full desperation mode. It didn't work.

I have never seen a coach before or since go for broke the way Spurrier did in that game. I agree he knew he was outmanned, but USC probably did better than they otherwise would have done in that game with Spurrier's pull out all the stops approach.

That game was as memorable for me as was Brother Oliver's 11-man defensive front when he was at AU. I enjoy a little eccentricity on occasion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Sure there are questions about Lane but much fewer than Sanders.  It seems like the best job DS is supposedly linked to is South Florida, which is about right imo.

Everybody has their opinion. The best job for Sanders is whoever hires him and sit back and watches him be great.

With the exact situation that happened here there isn't anybody better that could fix what happened as far as relationships and the reputation that was being built on this brand. 

Sanders can be successful anywhere

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Everybody has their opinion. The best job for Sanders is whoever hires him and sit back and watches him be great.

With the exact situation that happened here there isn't anybody better that could fix what happened as far as relationships and the reputation that was being built on this brand. 

Interesting how you speak in absolutes on a subject that there is no possible way to absolutely know an outcome.  It is your opinion that Sanders can make the leap to an upper tier program from a tiny school in a tiny conference with no pressures/rigors of big boy football.  You don't even have any data that could come close to posing it as an absolute.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 2

Just now, Taker said:

@dyehardfanAU you are biting off more than you can chew with the great and all seeing eye of @cole256. YOU must be new here or something but his opinion is in fact not an opinion but once stated instantly becomes fact! 

GOOD LUCK

I just ignore him most of the time but I got a tickle out of his crystal ball assessments.

7 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Interesting how you speak in absolutes on a subject that there is no possible way to absolutely know an outcome.  It is your opinion that Sanders can make the leap to an upper tier program from a tiny school in a tiny conference with no pressures/rigors of big boy football.  You don't even have any data that could come close to posing it as an absolute.

It is ABSOLUTEly his honest opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I just ignore him most of the time but I got a tickle out of his crystal ball assessments.

I put him on ignore and it has made this forum alot better for me not having to read his crap. He stands on the sideline at a few UNA games then thinks he is some coach that the NFL would be jealous of. Most disliked guy on this forum by a landslide. I was on an Auburn forum about 13 or so years ago and he was on it. Same stuff. Nobody liked him and 90% of his posts are arguing with others or bragging how he got something correct from months ago. I would put him on ignore because he will go 20 pages deep into a thread arguing and trying to get the final word. He's a VERY insecure guy that has to be right about everything. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

17 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

In terms of optics I feel as tho Lane could have just said "look guys Iwill make a decision at the end of the regular season, I get offers every season and evaluate my options accordingly after our season is over, i love it here, special season yada yada" 

That translate to yes, but I don't want to say yes now.   I would have pulled a Saban rat poison speech on them, lol

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

he has serious financial and business baggage.  He basically started a fake high school,  tried to get his house classified as a church to avoid taxes,  and has multiple assault charges (wife/coworkers).  at 45 yo,  cheated on his wife for years with a 19 yo , not to mention his lack of experience at a major school.   I feel he is a giant scam waiting to implode.

That said  I might still take him.

• Haha 4

Lol I was asked my opinion and gave it. That's it. Grown men don't like the way I type. And I'm insecure. 

And the nerve of the zero guy. Makes the lamest threads every single day....But anyway ok

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

I love the Iron Bowl but worldwide it can not touch those World Cup, not even close. Some people in the US could care less about the Iron Bowl even though it is the best rivalry in college sports.

تويتر \ Keith Gill على تويتر: "@MatthewGuidry14 @AnonVoiceless @dmarble1  @MRyanisabel @FlatEarthReal @flatearth_truth @FlatEarthToday @FlatEarthOrg  @FlatEarthAwake #SatanicScience 🙄😳🤭 Wow dude you are further gone than I  first suspected. Next you ...

• Haha 2

Oh and the funniest thing about this is Sanders doesn't do well I'll have all kinds of people tagging me talking crap. He does do well I'm the butt hole when I say. See? 

As if I'm not a human being. Like I exist to take your crap and I'm not allowed to say anything back....but I'm not surprised that's how some of you think

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Kiffin makes me nervous, I'm not gonna lie.

What’s not to like? The guy slays twitter before most folks have had their first coffee. 

• Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
48 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I don't disagree.   I am not a win at all cost guy,  but I am willing to look over some of the minor things for a  winning coach.    There is a large enough  support system at Auburn that it doesn't have to revolve around the head coach.   FCA, former players,  assistant coaches ,  good people like you volunteering their time to be big brother to very young recruits,  and a life coach to current players.   Assuming you care that much.

Everyone wants the "father figure" /dynasty building coach.  But how many  father figure/ dominating coaches are out there? How many willing to leave the players they are a father figure  and come to Auburn?   

They all have some baggage,  or they do not have any experience.  Some more than others.  You learn from your  choices.  good and bad.    There is no perfect coach.

Agreed. This is one of the reasons I want Deion. He’s a risk but he’s 100% focused on raising men first. He’s in it for the right reasons. That’s rare this day and age

The fun thing about a forum u can kind of make the argument fit depending on which side of the fence u are on.  My question is with what we know now would Ole Miss beat a Caddy lead Auburn team.

4 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Agreed. This is one of the reasons I want Deion. He’s a risk but he’s 100% focused on raising men first. He’s in it for the right reasons. That’s rare this day and age

but according to his own book, Deon has assaulted multiple people,  Tried to scam the government,  cheated on his wife,  started a football factory fake high school,  how is he less deviant than the others?