Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

7 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Agreed. This is one of the reasons I want Deion. He’s a risk but he’s 100% focused on raising men first. He’s in it for the right reasons. That’s rare this day and age

I get that and this isn’t a knock on Deion.  The raising of men no longer applies for me when they demanded getting paid.   It’s almost not college football anymore because there is hardly any loyalty to a school now.   

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, Viper said:

What’s not to like? The guy slays twitter before most folks have had their first coffee. 

The fact that he's not denying any of this makes me think he should at least go ahead and tell the players

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I get that and this isn’t a knock on Deion.  The raising of men no longer applies for me when they demanded getting paid.   It’s almost not college football anymore because there is hardly any loyalty to a school now.   

They're still kids that need guidence to grow into men. Amd after all the profiting universities have made off of them, they deserve to get paid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I'm not going to complain because I'm sure we could've hired much worse

I've accepted it enough to get behind him and cheer him on.  Agreed wasn't my first choice, but started to form the opinion that he's not had the unlimited resources I think we are about to give him at either of his stops since he coached under Saban.  That's the starting point for me.  I think he's matured most after that stint with Alabama.  I'm excited to think what he will do with basically an open account for assistants, facilities.  I really think he'll get to run it how he's capable of.  And he's definitely elite on offense.  So that's a plus.  I'm game and ready to see what he can do.  Getting Landen King back is a good start.  

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
17 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

but according to his own book, Deon has assaulted multiple people,  Tried to scam the government,  cheated on his wife,  started a football factory fake high school,  how is he less deviant than the others?

Hadn’t heard all that. I’ve just watched his videos from Jack St. Has he changed?  I’m fine with people being redeemed and changing course …getting a second chance. I’m not fine with people who are continuing to have these issues being leaders of young men. If he hasn’t changed then I guess he’d be out for me as well. Guess I haven’t done enough research on him

Guest MustardSeed
7 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

They're still kids that need guidence to grow into men. Amd after all the profiting universities have made off of them, they deserve to get paid

In ministry young leaders get paid but they still have to be mentored. I don’t see this as any different. Obviously they aren’t going into ministry but the university still has an obligation to place leaders over them that have good moral standards. The same goes for professors, but we overlook that one too. 

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Hadn’t heard all that. I’ve just watched his videos from Jack St. Has he changed?  I’m fine with people being redeemed and changing course …getting a second chance. I’m not fine with people who are continuing to have these issues being leaders of young men. If he hasn’t changed then I guess he’d be out for me as well. Guess I haven’t done enough research on him

no idea if any of the coaches have changed.,    I f you dig into any coach you will find skeletons in their closet.  At least with Lane we know what we are getting.  It is all out in the open.

18 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

The fact that he's not denying any of this makes me think he should at least go ahead and tell the players

You’re describing a man of character, not a character.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

The link says one thing and the actual article says another.

"He told the players his focus was on Mississippi State and nothing else and that any reports out there about his accepting another offer were totally false," sources told ESPN."He told the players his focus was on Mississippi State and nothing else and that any reports out there about his accepting another offer were totally false," sources told ESPN.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

They've got their rivalry game on Thursday. Telling his players anything else right now would be monumentally dumb

• Like 3

1 minute ago, selias said:

They've got their rivalry game on Thursday. Telling his players anything else right now would be monumentally dumb

Yep 

Reading between the lines 

“I haven’t accepted any other job” 

*not I’ll be your coach next year*

• Love 1

Just now, Viper said:

His last name is in your user ID. 

I tried to give you a face palm but I'm out of reactions.  Dye did not tell his players he was leaving for another job.

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

He has not accepted the offer…yet. 
What he didn’t say is more important than what he did say. 

Besides, what’s the guy supposed to say/do when he’s got a game left to coach?

He is stuck between a rock and…a boat load of ca$h. 😎

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I tried to give you a face palm but I'm out of reactions.  Dye did not tell his players he was leaving for another job.

Dye was a man of impeccable character. 

So was Ralph Jordan.

You should give yourself a face palm.

Just now, Viper said:

Dye was a man of impeccable character. 

So was Ralph Jordan.

You should give yourself a face palm.

So now you're just rambling with no point to make.  I am really sorry your feelings are hurt and you are not getting your way.

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

but according to his own book, Deon has assaulted multiple people,  Tried to scam the government,  cheated on his wife,  started a football factory fake high school,  how is he less deviant than the others?

Doesn’t fit some of  the Deion crowd’s narrative. Freeze is a slime.. don’t want him. Lane switches jobs and is a a slime..don’t want him. Deion..we forgive because folks deserve second chances.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Can't wait for the responses on this obe