Before The Kick Six There Was This

Bro Johnny Mac

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Was at the game with my blonde hair hippie girlfriend

I was at that game with my future wife.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I griped about my end zone seats all the way from Auburn to B'Ham. Then everything worth seeing in the whole game happened right in my lap. Best seats I ever had.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I was there sitting on the wrong side, it got mighty quiet. on the second block I had just turned to my bama buddy and said watch them do it again, the words had hardly left my mouth when it happened. I was dissing Shug for kicking a FG earlier but real happy that he did. 

Edited by Aucater

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Smart ass kid:poke:

As a consolation...good friend of mine is a cousin to David Langner.  As you know, entire clan all big bammers and David was the black sheep bc he went to AU.  Well, this buddy’s daughter and my daughter became friends in elementary school....my daughter converted her to the good side!   They have been roomies at AU for 3 years and both will graduate in the spring.  My buddy has told me that hat he never thought he would like AU, the town, and spirit as much as he does. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, jordanharehaint said:

I recall listening to this game on the radio with my dad. Good times!

Me and my brother would listen to the broadcast on our record player growing up. 

• Like 3

It's the first Iron Bowl in my memory from the Punt, Bama, Punt bumper stickers. I don't recall listening to the game live, though (it wasn't televised in 72). 

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Was at the game with my blonde hair hippie girlfriend

I was 10 years old and that's the day I became an Auburn fan for life.  I hated hearing everyone dog Auburn and loved seeing everyone in my family miserable after AU won that game.  I remember seeing agony.   Pain.  Wailing.  And for some reason, I loved it.  It was beautiful.

Punt Bama punt.

Edited by MaxCohen216
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

As I recall, Auburn also blocked an extra point earlier in that game. Thus a 17-16 win instead of a 17-17 tie.

Roger Mitchell blocked the extra point. he's #25 in the photo

Iron Bowl heroes for the ages

• Like 1
  • Love 1

that was the game bear called us "that cow college". after we kicked his azz he walked over and saluted the auburn student cheering section.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that was the game bear called us "that cow college". after we kicked his azz he walked over and saluted the auburn student cheering section.

Now that is cool!!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TXaubie said:

Now that is cool!!  

i stayed mad at him for years until i read the legend of bear bryant and i have to say i was impressed. i am surprised they did not throw stuff at him. it was said they loved he did that.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i stayed mad at him for years until i read the legend of bear bryant and i have to say i was impressed. i am surprised they did not throw stuff at him. it was said they loved he did that.

I am just fascinated by that!!  So I actually was just coming back to ask how it was received?  Thanks for adding that. 

IRON BOWL!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

I am just fascinated by that!!  So I actually was just coming back to ask how it was received?  Thanks for adding that. 

IRON BOWL!!!!! 

there is actually a picture of him out there saluting the crowd.

Hey, you old farts. Lol

So what year was it that our running back (was it Tucker Fredrickson?) said “we were gonna go there and beat the #2 out them”?  Was this the same year or did that happen after punt-bama-punt?