Landen King

Win4AU

Kiffin hasn't even been announced and already has his first portal win.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Didn't he sign on to On To Victory a month ago? Why did it take so long to remove his name from the portal?

Edited by AU Is Gold
Grammar

33 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Removed his name from the portal.

Happy about that. This kid is unique. 

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I think he had an aura about him, but like so many before him, our previous coach either didn’t recognize it or didn’t think he was ready. I think this is definitely a good sign, although the next coach will decide that. While I consider this a positive development, AU is going to need more important wins than this in the portal. Not trying to crap on anything, but what use is he to us without a better developed line and a QB that at least goes through one read procession? Do you think maybe he wasn’t getting any serious takers? I have no clue, but I do find it odd he waited a few weeks to do this before a new coach is chosen. Anyway, he seems to be talented, but a new coach will determine that I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I think he had an aura about him, but like so many before him, our previous coach either didn’t recognize it or didn’t think he was ready. I think this is definitely a good sign, although the next coach will decide that. While I consider this a positive development, AU is going to need more important wins than this in the portal. Not trying to crap on anything, but what use is he to us without a better developed line and a QB that at least goes through one read procession? Do you think maybe he wasn’t getting any serious takers? I have no clue, but I do find it odd he waited a few weeks to do this before a new coach is chosen. Anyway, he seems to be talented, but a new coach will determine that I guess. 

And you think all those wins will actually come b4 a new coach is even announced? Seems to me the point here is a win at this point in the timeline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

And you think all those wins will actually come b4 a new coach is even announced? Seems to me the point here is a win at this point in the timeline.

I see your take, but with no reliable QB at the moment to complete a pass to him, is this a true win? There were other guys on this team that didn’t choose to take a the rest of the season off due to a lack of playing time. I hope the next HC recognizes some value from him, but to me, we have much bigger issues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SMITTY4AU said:

Is he able to play on Saturday without impacting his redshirt?  I don't remember him playing in 4 games this year.

He quit on his team, why would he play on Saturday?  I hope he can earn a position next season but there's no way I play him again this season.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He quit on his team, why would he play on Saturday?  I hope he can earn a position next season but there's no way I play him again this season.

I think I agree with this approach too.

8 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Honestly, I thought if Harsin was let go before King had to commit, he'd be back regardless.

• Like 1

I have no insight here, just hoping he didn't return because no one else wanted him.

Question: Once a player "enters the portal" is AU required to accept him back if he withdraws from the portal?

4 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I have no insight here, just hoping he didn't return because no one else wanted him.

Question: Once a player "enters the portal" is AU required to accept him back if he withdraws from the portal?

No. Boiled down to its simplest terms, athletic scholarships are issued on an annual basis and may be terminated at any time on the whim of the university. If a guy they don't want back enters the portal, they'll simply terminate his scholarship.

Clearly, King has a lot of potential. Finding some other team that wanted to add him wouldn't be a problem. We are lucky he wants back in at Auburn.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

No. Boiled down to its simplest terms, athletic scholarships are issued on an annual basis and may be terminated at any time on the whim of the university. If a guy they don't want back enters the portal, they'll simply terminate his scholarship.

Clearly, King has a lot of potential. Finding some other team that wanted to add him wouldn't be a problem. We are lucky he wants back in at Auburn.

OK, thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Just asking. I thought AU went to 4 year scholarship status. Could very well be wrong. If AU is 4 year scholarship, how would returning to AU affect a player's status after entering the portal?  WDE

4 minutes ago, AU North said:

Just asking. I thought AU went to 4 year scholarship status. Could very well be wrong. If AU is 4 year scholarship, how would returning to AU affect a player's status after entering the portal?  WDE

Unless something changed recently, AU never was on a four-year scholarship. Someone in authority once said we were but that was quickly corrected.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Unless something changed recently, AU never was on a four-year scholarship. Someone in authority once said we were but that was quickly corrected.

Thanks Mikey.   As a side note: Do you or anyone else know the scholarship ramifications of a player from a 4 year scholarship institution that 'enters' and then 'withdraws' from the transfer portal?  TIA  WDE 

8 hours ago, AU North said:

Thanks Mikey.   As a side note: Do you or anyone else know the scholarship ramifications of a player from a 4 year scholarship institution that 'enters' and then 'withdraws' from the transfer portal?  TIA  WDE 

There aren't any ramifications. WR J. Johnson and DT M. Robinson both entered the portal last off-season and then decided to stay at Auburn. Both played this year.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

No institution is on a 4 year scholarship. However AU did say that they when they choose to give a scholarship to a football player, it would be for the full term unless something drastic happened. 

• Like 2