Kiffin Says that He Hasn't Accepted a Job at Another School.....ESPN, Chris Low 11/22/22

Elephant Tipper

11 hours ago, Mitchie said:

I know, and didn't mean to be groundbreaking. Was just lending some insight into what I was hearing, and confirming many of you were on the right track, not to break news, simple as that.

thank you for posting and the insight. i would love to see you around more and maybe throw some insider stuff or input on occasion. and you are correct in lane might change his mind if he has not already signed because he seems to have painted himself into a corner. i understand what you are saying and i appreciate it. there is no reason for anyone to treat you like a jerk. it is embarrassing when you just posted your thoughts on a sports board.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I've hoped for Deion, I've hoped for Kiffin, and now I'm honestly hoping for Freeze.  If the truth be told, he's the best of the three.  Proven SEC HC, recruiter, program builder, QB developer, wins wherever he goes without quitting on anyone.

If he just had some morals...or maybe he does now.  Who knows.

Or we get a perfect combo. The P5 experience of sanders, the ethics of freeze, and the loyalty of kiffin. He’s gotta be out there somewhere!!!

• Haha 4

Just now, autiger88 said:

Still don't think it will be Freeze unless we just whiffed on our main choices... I don't think we do. 

That must give Freeze a really good feeling to see and hear these comments (not you or here) out there. 

anigif_original-6785-1456867745-2.gif

3 hours ago, Barkchevious said:

Whether we end up with Lane or Freeze, this thing hasn’t been pretty.  Sure am excited to see Lac leading our team this weekend though, WAR DAMN EAGLE

Has it really been ugly? Maybe to the impatient amongst us that have been clicking refresh 24/7. For most, they know we fired Harsin, they hear the Lane Train buzz, maybe some other candidates, and most expect we won't announce anything until after the Iron Bowl. If you're paying attention, maybe you hear the Kiffin denials that aren't really denials, shrug your shoulders and say "well, I guess we'll find out soon".

What part of this has been ugly?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Or we get a perfect combo. The P5 experience of sanders, the ethics of freeze, and the loyalty of kiffin. He’s gotta be out there somewhere!!!

Wait... LOL.

2 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

Has it really been ugly? Maybe to the impatient amongst us that have been clicking refresh 24/7. For most, they know we fired Harsin, they hear the Lane Train buzz, maybe some other candidates, and most expect we won't announce anything until after the Iron Bowl. If you're paying attention, maybe you hear the Kiffin denials that aren't really denials, shrug your shoulders and say "well, I guess we'll find out soon".

It hasn't been ugly, but it has been very interesting, and of late - tiring.  This is a rare drama - the coach of a good football school being fired on Halloween with many games left to play and lots of speculation about who the next HC is.

It's been fun speculating, but I'm tired.  Freeze, please.

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

Compared to some other searches, this has been a Mrs. Miniver's Garden Tea. 

Bingo. ESPECIALLY the last search that got Auburn fans up in arms with pitch forks with #StopTheSteele. This search has been rather pleasant, just not as fast as some would like. The only criticism I have is that Harsin should have been fired sooner, we likely would have had a better record. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mr Bad Example said:

So has Lane said that he would have to be carried out of Ole Miss in a pine box yet ?  That would clinch it lol

I think Kiffin legit posted a picture of a pine box/casket on twitter a couple of weeks ago

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

Just now, AUINSY said:

I think Kiffin legit posted a picture of a pine box/casket on twitter a couple of weeks ago

One thing for sure, we would win the Twitter wars

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

you are correct.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

thank you for posting and the insight. i would love to see you around more and maybe throw some insider stuff or input on occasion. and you are correct in lane might change his mind if he has not already signed because he seems to have painted himself into a corner. i understand what you are saying and i appreciate it. there is no reason for anyone to treat you like a jerk. it is embarrassing when you just posted your thoughts on a sports board.

Thank you; meant no harm with my posts, only that if Kiffin doesn't come as expected, that Auburn could still end up with a solid coach.

Edited by Mitchie
Too wordy.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

Liberty took him and are very happy. They're literally a christian college yet Auburn and other fanbases won't have any of it. What a time to be alive.

A lot of people and institutions call themselves Christian while acting and living in a completely opposite fashon. 

Liberty University may officially be considered a Christian University, but it's had as many sexual assault scandals, coverup allegations, and leadership controversies than any secular University out there has. It's reputation is not a good one. 

The fact that Liberty is the only place to hire Freeze isn't something that works in his favor IMO. 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

Thank you; meant no harm with my posts, only that if Kiffin doesn't come as expected, that Auburn could still end up with a solid coach.

most of the folks on here are awesome. again you did nothing. we are passionate about our football but it is still no excuse for some to act like a richard towards you. it is totally uncalled for. i hope you hang around.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

Come to think of it, I agree.  It hasn’t been as bad as previous searches.  Pretty clean honestly.  I happen to be stuck in a geographical area swimming with Ole Miss fans and it’s been nasty.  They can not come to grips with a coach having the nerve to leave them at all, much less for a division rival.  I think they all know Lane is getting called up to the big leagues but can’t accept it.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Barkchevious said:

Come to think of it, I agree.  It hasn’t been as bad as previous searches.  Pretty clean honestly.  I happen to be stuck in a geographical area swimming with Ole Miss fans and it’s been nasty.  They can not come to grips with a coach having the nerve to leave them at all, much less for a division rival.  I think they all know Lane is getting called up to the big leagues but can’t accept it.  

If you don’t mind my asking, where are you located? I’m also surrounded by Ole Miss fans. 

Oxford is cute and all, but I will take Auburn women over the Ole Miss ladies! The Grove may be the only thing that some could consider a win for them. However, I have been and couldn't help but notice all of the dust that is kicked up and covering their boiled eggs and chandeliers! It seemed like I was at a swap meet with good food and dust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Just do a raffle from this board… 🤭

i just saw a post on reddit that claims wikipediais posting kiffen as head coach at auburn. i did not bother to go look but i just thought it was odd.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Who's got Rush Propst's number?

• Haha 2