Kiffin Says that He Hasn't Accepted a Job at Another School.....ESPN, Chris Low 11/22/22

Elephant Tipper

19 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Can we please just get on with the Kevin Steele era?

Not until we’re done with HC Rhett Lashlee 😂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Who's got Rush Propst's number?

There are many avenues that lead to hell. You have just discovered a new one. 🤮

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

There are many avenues that lead to hell. You have just discovered a new one. 🤮

Forreal. These Steele, Lashlee, Propst, and Helton jokes got me laughing and puking at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i just saw a post on reddit that claims wikipediais posting kiffen as head coach at auburn. i did not bother to go look but i just thought it was odd.

Anyone can edit WikiPedia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Anyone can edit WikiPedia.

yessir i understand that. it still seems odd.

52 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yessir i understand that. it still seems odd.

It's not really. Just people trolling. 

6 hours ago, Barkchevious said:

Ranch.  As in the dressing.  Is what we’re gonna need to even think about digesting this word salad.  

Big name mystery candidates is a topic in ‘How to get people to click 101’  Think they teach that the first week.  

Dang, the pessimism is pouring out now.  Whether we end up with Lane or Freeze, this thing hasn’t been pretty.  Sure am excited to see Lac leading our team this weekend though, WAR DAMN EAGLE

Not my words .. HIS words.  But 27 mins into the video doesn't make very good click bait.

15 hours ago, Mitchie said:

I think you should come to terms with the possibility that it's barely possible that Kiffin isn't coming. It's a strong possibility that he IS in fact going to accept the job. But you should be prepared for the outside chance that he's not, and that your coach could be Freeze, which is what my sources are saying, or maybe even another candidate that hasn't really been talked that much about. It is, after all, possible that Kiffin accepts the deal from the Rebels that is already on the table.

Good points all around. IMO, as I keep saying, it boils down to…does Kiffin like more guaranteed money or does he not?

4 years is the max Ole Miss can offer. And they are not going to suddenly raise his annual salary from 7.25M to 10+M.

Auburn doesn’t have to offer him 10+M annual salary either. But they can give him more than 4 years guaranteed.

So does Lane Kiffin like more guaranteed money or does he not?

Check your sources and get back to us on that. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Good points all around. IMO, as I keep saying, it boils down to…does Kiffin like more guaranteed money or does he not?

4 years is the max Ole Miss can offer. And they are not going to suddenly raise his annual salary from 7.25M to 10+M.

Auburn doesn’t have to offer him 10+M annual salary either. But they can give him more than 4 years guaranteed.

So does Lane Kiffin like more guaranteed money or does he not?

Check your sources and get back to us on that. Thanks in advance.

OM has various groups outside of the AD guaranteeing him $$ longer than the 4 year state law.  This plays into it much less then most realize.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

OM has various groups outside of the AD guaranteeing him $$ longer than the 4 year state law.  This plays into it much less then most realize.

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

I'm not sure what your reply is trying to say.  You have some evidence to the contrary?

And please, no rambling and nonsensical replies like yesterday.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

8 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm not sure what your reply is trying to say.  You have some evidence to the contrary?

And please, no rambling and nonsensical replies like yesterday.

You obviously have no evidence. 

SSDD…

20 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Dye did not tell his players he was leaving for another job.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

You obviously have no evidence. 

SSDD…

I'm truly sorry that your feelings are hurt, and you are not getting your way.  No reason to lash out like a petulant child about it.  You made the claim I was incorrect and the burden of proof is on you.

33 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Patience. Patience. 

Eggs, please. We must cook the eggs first. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Guess what.. Kiffin might be our coach or he might not be. That's the cliff notes to that cats posts

There's a 50% chance that you are not wrong :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kiffin told Ole Miss players Wednesday evening that, unless something significantly changes, he’s planning on staying as the head coach of the Rebels, sources tell On3 and OM Spirit.

That is still an open ended statement. I think the Ole Miss writers are making stuff up as time goes on. Maybe Kiffen is playing Auburn. Maybe he is playing Ole Miss. Time is running out on this game. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
18 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

This. 4 years is the most the state can agree to. Private money can do whatever it wants. 

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Kiffin told Ole Miss players Wednesday evening that, unless something significantly changes, he’s planning on staying as the head coach of the Rebels, sources tell On3 and OM Spirit.

That is still an open ended statement. I think the Ole Miss writers are making stuff up as time goes on. Maybe Kiffen is playing Auburn. Maybe he is playing Ole Miss. Time is running out on this game. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Well luckily (or maybe hopefully…) we should have that answer in the next few days