Kiffin Says that He Hasn't Accepted a Job at Another School.....ESPN, Chris Low 11/22/22

Elephant Tipper

19 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Patience. Patience. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/23/2022 at 1:55 PM, passthebiscuits said:

Patience. Patience. 

Funny and true story. I was holding interviews for an open position where I used to work and none of the applicants seemed right. I didn't want to hire anyone just to fill the position so I was determined to wait as long as necessary. I asked the Lord to give me the patience needed to find the right fit. A few days later I was reviewing applications and I came across an applicant who name was Patience. She turned out to be one of the best hires I've ever made. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Funny and true story. I was holding interviews for an open position where I used to work and none of the applicants seemed right. I didn't want to hire anyone just to fill the position so I was determined to wait as long as necessary. I asked the Lord to give me the patience needed to find the right fit. A few days later I was reviewing applications and I came across an applicant who name was Patience. She turned out to be one of the best hires I've ever made. 

Can she Coach? 

• Haha 3

Recent news shows Ole Miss has even less reason to worry about losing Lane Kiffin

Recent news shows Ole Miss has even less reason to worry about losing Lane Kiffin (msn.com)

The Grove Collective is the preeminent NIL collective for the Ole Miss Rebels and announced it reached a goal of $10 million for use in attracting athletes to Oxford.

image.png

• Like 1

So Ole Miss has $10 million with which to buy players and Auburn allegedly has more. I'm very glad that Harvard and Stanford grads don't want to get deep into this business. The rest of us wouldn't stand a chance.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So Ole Miss has $10 million with which to buy players and Auburn allegedly has more. I'm very glad that Harvard and Stanford grads don't want to get deep into this business. The rest of us wouldn't stand a chance.

THIS^^^   I suspect this happen in the near future with NIL.  The ivy league will be top dog.  Harvard has over $50,000,000,000 endowment.  that is not a typo.   If Harvard wanted to,  they could theoretically spend $1,000,000,000 on a coach and players PER YEAR for 50 years without bringing in another  donation.  A Billion per year.  No SEC school  could keep up.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

I'm very glad that Harvard and Stanford grads don't want to get deep into this business. 

Yep.  The Ivy League schools all have massive endowments.  Harvard got $50 billion in donations this year (per their website).  $50 billion. In one year.

If the Ivies ever begin caring about football, we are all screwed. Their alums make Yella look like a pauper. 

24 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Yep.  The Ivy League schools all have massive endowments.  Harvard got $50 billion in donations this year (per their website).  $50 billion. In one year.

If the Ivies ever begin caring about football, we are all screwed. Their alums make Yella look like a pauper. 

That is their Total endowment  I believe.  Not for 1 year.  But  your point is still  correct.

to compare,  Auburn's total  endowment is right around 1,000,000,000.

7 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Need a "holy crap!" emoji reaction option for posts like this.

38 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Good thing they don't care about sports! Even if they did decide to get competitive a lot of those donations would stop because they would be "exploiting" student-athletes lol think about the people who donate to Ivy League schools.

And they still charge 60-70K a year in tuition lol that has to be the biggest scam ever.

Edited by woodford

34 minutes ago, looney said:

Need a "holy crap!" emoji reaction option for posts like this.

What would that be? An angel sitting on a toilet? (As I typed that it sounds a bit unHeavenly)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, woodford said:

Good thing they don't care about sports! Even if they did decide to get competitive a lot of those donations would stop because they would be "exploiting" student-athletes lol think about the people who donate to Ivy League schools.

they will not see it as Student Athletes  being exploited when they each make $100,000+ a year at Harvard.     In 49 years they will start to run out of money with NO more donations, but still have more than Auburn in the bank. 

If 75% of their donors just stopped they would still make more per year than Auburn has  in our total endowment.

It is just a matter of time before they realize they can also have top sports teams and can keep up with the big dogs in sports  with a very very small percentage of their endowment.   That day will eventually come.     FSU was once a girls college.   Suwannee and vandy  used to be  SUPER powerhouses.        When the rules change power changes.   We have have some drastic changes in the last few years.  Who knows what could happen in the next decade or 2

19 minutes ago, woodford said:

And they still charge 60-70K a year in tuition lol that has to be the biggest scam ever.

They oppose "toxic masculinity".  Football is the epitome of what they would define as toxic masculinity, 2nd only to what the US military was pre-woke.  Football is about the last remaining American meritocracy; if the Ivy's take over football, they'll turn it into woke-ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Not really,   My son had a choice.  Auburn or Harvard.  It was a tough choice because Harvard was so much  less expensive than Auburn.    ( granted I had to pay out of state for 2 years at Auburn,  but would have at Harvard also)

Harvard gives out so many scholarships and grants.    Tuition is based on income.  I think it was 10% of your income.  They make it a point to make sure none of the  students graduate with any school debt.   It was 3 times more expensive to send my son to Auburn than Harvard.    The only reason my son chose Auburn over Harvard was Harvard did not offer a degree in what my son wanted to major in. 

So glad he chose Auburn.  He is happy and thriving and just 1 semester away from graduating.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

They oppose "toxic masculinity".  Football is the epitome of what they would define as toxic masculinity, 2nd only to what the US military was pre-woke.  Football is about the last remaining American meritocracy; if the Ivy's take over football, they'll turn it into woke-ball. 

This is way way way off…You do know Ivy League schools have been playing football for long time, and still play today. I mean they could just scrap football altogether if they felt the way you are portraying them to be. They are fine in the space they are in as it relates to football as well as other athletic programs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AcUmen said:

Probably true but endowments have guidelines on how/when money can be spent. Sports nowhere on the list.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Not really,   My son had a choice.  Auburn or Harvard.  It was a tough choice because Harvard was so much  less expensive than Auburn.    ( granted I had to pay out of state for 2 years at Auburn,  but would have at Harvard also)

Harvard gives out so many scholarships and grants.    Tuition is based on income.  I think it was 10% of your income.  They make it a point to make sure none of there students graduate with any school debt.   It was 3 times more expensive to send my son to Auburn than Harvard.    The only reason my son chose Auburn over Harvard was Harvard did not offer a degree in what my son wanted to major in. 

So glad he chose Auburn.  He is happy and thriving and just 1 semester away from graduating.

Awesome. I have 2 at AU. They love it. 

• Like 2