Iron Bowl Weather Forecast

RunInRed

Gonna be very dark and gloomy for Alabama fans at the end of the game when we have a couple more points than they do.

• Like 5

Guest MustardSeed
47 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m hoping for a monsoon to nullify the Tide passing game. 

Rain typically makes it harder for DBs… WRs know where they are going and slip less, DBs have to suddenly react and therefore usually slip more. 
Oh and we have under armor cleats…so it would give them an even bigger advantage. 
Now if it could be windy…their qb isn’t near as good as their last few. Throw in some wind gusts and we could get a couple picks. Or maybe the rain makes it harder for him to throw….  
But to me the entire game hinges on our ability to pressure the qb. If we can’t do that we lose by 30 plus.  But he sucks under pressure so if we can we actually have a shot. 

Their fans are not the "West Virginia Monsoon" type.  Although it is the Iron Bowl.

• Like 1

Rain usually helps the underdog. The final scores of games played in the rain are often closer than expected. Maybe the weather helps us win!

• Like 1

I swear almost every time it’s in Turdtown it’s raining, while it’s bright and sunny almost every time in JHS.

Extremely apathetic to the game itself. Let’s just get 🚂 in!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I swear almost every time it’s in Turdtown it’s raining

Last one I recall was 2000. Before that, 1983 at that neutral *cough* BS *cough* field.

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

Last one I recall was 2000. Before that, 1983 at that neutral *cough* BS *cough* field.

Ok, I exaggerated a little. 2004, 2008, 2010, 2020 were all icky days.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

2004 may have been earlier in the day.

All but five this century have been 2:30 CT on CBS (two being an hour earlier).

Since 1996, UAT home IBs (including B'ham) have averaged 56.15 degrees, Auburn home IBs have averaged 63.23 degrees.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

This was a monsoon I was at in B'ham 1967

I sat through that game too.  Thankfully we were under the upper deck on the east side and it helped keep the rain off us.  Man it poured and poured that day.  When Auburn got the field goal I thought it was over.  Our punter kept pinning them back inside the 10, the defense was playing great and it hadn’t been for the bad snap on one of the kicks they never would have gotten across midfield all day.  When Stabler got loose after Gusty Yearout got tackled that was a sickening sight to see his slow ass slogging down the sideline to win the game.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

I'm almost certain 2004 was raining? I know 2008 was.

I was at the 2004 Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa. Was not raining during the game. Not sure about before or after. 

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

All but five this century have been 2:30 CT on CBS (two being an hour earlier).

Since 1996, UAT home IBs (including B'ham) have averaged 56.15 degrees, Auburn home IBs have averaged 63.23 degrees.

No, I meant rain fell earlier in the day prior to the 2004 kickoff time, making the field a bit wet.

Talking Iron Bowl weather brings back memories of the '83 Iron Bowl with tornadoes and watching the water coming down the steps at Legion Field looked like whitewater rapids... and Bo running amok. It was my first Iron Bowl and I didn't leave my seat for a minute.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1