2002 Iron Bowl Vibes?

RunInRed

6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

“Auburn doesn’t have a chance” … we’ve heard it before 🤔

My first IB.....I had been to a lot of AU home games...but never been to an IB period until that fateful day. My sisters Hubs...who is a huge Turd fan as is his whole family...took me with him and all their turd friends and family. They rent a party bus and drive down there every year.

I was the only Au fan. I was roughly 15. I heard the whole way how they were going to win and all that BS....Thank god for Tre Smith!!!! What a day! They had a long ride back with me!!!! (the next time I traveled with them was 2012...ughhhh)

• Like 3

Man I miss hearing Jim Fyffe 😢
The soundtrack of my childhood autumns

Edited by banditmwp
  • Like 2
  • Love 5

Man I wish this was like 2002.  If Auburn goes in and wins I don’t know how you don’t have to rethink a lot of things that have happened the past 72 hrs.

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Man I wish this was like 2002.  If Auburn goes in and wins I don’t know how you don’t have to rethink a lot of things that have happened the past 72 hrs.

I think others have stated it before, but we shouldn’t let emotions of a bad season, a fairy tale ending, and getting up for a rivalry game override a rational, pivotal next step to determine the future of our athletics cash cow program with the likes of Texas and Oklahoma joining the conference. 

If we are fickle enough to do that, and I’m Bama/Saban, I throw the game intentionally since they don’t have anything really to play for in terms of conference/national championship to dupe Auburn into making an emotional choice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If Auburn goes in and wins I don’t know how you don’t have to rethink a lot of things that have happened the past 72 hrs.

Nah. Harsin almost / should have beat a better bammer squad last year. 

Regardless of this Saturday, AU needs a new HC.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Only if we can put this guy back up on the other sideline…

football_72.jpg

Yeah, well, he did the same thing to us the year before. 

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

I think others have stated it before, but we shouldn’t let emotions of a bad season, a fairy tale ending, and getting up for a rivalry game override a rational, pivotal next step to determine the future of our athletics cash cow program with the likes of Texas and Oklahoma joining the conference. 

If we are fickle enough to do that, and I’m Bama/Saban, I throw the game intentionally since they don’t have anything really to play for in terms of conference/national championship to dupe Auburn into making an emotional choice.

I don’t know if I would quite say that.  Bama still can get in that playoff if the right things happen 

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Actually, I thought about the 2000 game that was a wet mess…like Saturday might be.

26 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

I don’t know if I would quite say that.  Bama still can get in that playoff if the right things happen 

Yup exactly my thoughts. USC and TCU still have to win two tough games each. bammer can easily leapfrog both. 

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Only if we can put this guy back up on the other sideline…

football_72.jpg

Coach Fran left Bama for Texas A&M after that year.  We say coaches at Auburn don’t leave Auburn for another coaching job, Bama can’t say that.

3 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Tre Smith 126 yards. I still remember one tide fan on one of their 2000 message boards saying that "we are making the lil white kid look like Bo Jackson."

My REC Family members to this day SWEAR CDF threw that game on purpose. I remember fans on PFRN saying we were going to lose 40-0.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

02 Iron Bowl:  We won  -  They lost:   No matter how many times they have beat us before/after that day, nothing changes that 'Fact' and they still cannot to accept it.  WDE

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Yup exactly my thoughts. USC and TCU still have to win two tough games each. bammer can easily leapfrog both. 

It would be another example of a Saban team backing into a BCS or playoff because other teams couldn’t seal the deal.

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

It would be another example of a Saban team backing into a BCS or playoff because other teams couldn’t seal the deal.

PHD in it. See 2011, 2012, 2017.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

PHD in it. See 2011, 2012, 2017.

2015 they would not have even played for the SEC Championship if Ole Miss hadn’t given up that crazy 4th down over the head fumble toss to Arkansas.

• Like 2