Freeze

gr82b4au

30 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

I think the JABA thing at the moment, is being thrown out when anyone does not like anything AU does.

This, right here, is like the most JABA thing in the history of evah. 

/s

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

He didn’t make “a mistake”. He continually makes horrendous moral decisions as recently as this year. Rehabilitated people don’t private message students who are sexual assault victims accusing people in their circle…. That happened just this summer. His mistakeS pile up continually. He would an absolute PR NIGHTMARE with how the bama media already attacks us. 

I understand where you are coming from. However, what I have seen on the one other instance you are referring to seems very strange to say the least. And it appears that there is more going on than you or I know. So, I can not make a judgment call without knowledge of everything. Also, not everything you read online is on the up and up. Seems like a lot of background info to go through on that story. I am sure AU would look at things a lot closer than we have before hiring him. So, at the moment, I can not make the case for him having continual moral horrendous decisions. You are welcome to your opinion but it does not make him guilty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

I understand where you are coming from. However, what I have seen on the one other instance you are referring to seems very strange to say the least. And it appears that there is more going on than you or I know. So, I can not make a judgment call without knowledge of everything. Also, not everything you read online is on the up and up. Seems like a lot of background info to go through on that story. I am sure AU would look at things a lot closer than we have before hiring him. So, at the moment, I can not make the case for him having continual moral horrendous decisions. You are welcome to your opinion but it does not make him guilty.

Good points, plus when people say "his mistakes pile up continually", I must have missed the continuous pile. Does he continue to send questionable DMs? What other mistakes have piled up since he was terminated at Ole Miss?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

Good points, plus when people say "his mistakes pile up continually", I must have missed the continuous pile. Does he continue to send questionable DMs? What other mistakes have piled up since he was terminated at Ole Miss?

There’s hasn’t. A few select individuals here have dug their heels in on him and will die on the hill of not hiring him. People rarely change their minds or opinions unfortunately and one recourse of a small minority of people is to be very vocal about something even when they are clearly wrong. Sad really. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

There’s hasn’t. A few select individuals here have dug their heels in on him and will die on the hill of not hiring him. People rarely change their minds or opinions unfortunately and one recourse of a small minority of people is to be very vocal about something even when they are clearly wrong. Sad really. 

I just don't understand him being an attractive option at all. If we can't kill it in the portal, we're looking at probably the weakest roster we've had since Tot skipped town. If we hire Freeze, the narrative would be that despite bragging money wasn't an issue, total booster alignment, pumping up Auburn as a top coaching destination, we got turned down by Kiffin after allegedly offering a huge pile of money in favor of Ole Miss. Our response would be to hire a guy best known for cheating and buying hookers. We'd become an instant punchline, at least half the fanbase would be at best blah about the hire and Freeze would excite few to risk a portal move to Auburn short of significant NIL offerings. If he can't put a band-aid on the roster through the portal, Freeze is going to have a hard time winning enough games to stave off the negativity. 

We need splash and Freeze is far from that. Anyway, all of this is just wasting time on a holiday. My hope is those in charge are doing what's best for Auburn and I'll get behind whoever they hire. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

The people on this forum most likely aren’t impacting anything at all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

I just don't understand him being an attractive option at all. If we can't kill it in the portal, we're looking at probably the weakest roster we've had since Tot skipped town. If we hire Freeze, the narrative would be that despite bragging money wasn't an issue, total booster alignment, pumping up Auburn as a top coaching destination, we got turned down by Kiffin after allegedly offering a huge pile of money in favor of Ole Miss. Our response would be to hire a guy best known for cheating and buying hookers. We'd become an instant punchline, at least half the fanbase would be at best blah about the hire and Freeze would excite few to risk a portal move to Auburn short of significant NIL offerings. If he can't put a band-aid on the roster through the portal, Freeze is going to have a hard time winning enough games to stave off the negativity. 

We need splash and Freeze is far from that. Anyway, all of this is just wasting time on a holiday. My hope is those in charge are doing what's best for Auburn and I'll get behind whoever they hire. 

Freeze isn’t my first or even second choice but I won’t say he’s not an attractive hire or choice-at least to some degree- given our circumstances. He’s had too much success in his career with no signs of stopping at this point. I don’t mind folks not wanting to hire him because they don’t think he’s a good choice, don’t like his offensive/defensive philosophy, recruiting, not a splash hire, etc. Zero problem with not wanting him based on perceived coaching weaknesses. It’s the sanctimonious judgment of his personal life without doing so to one’s preferred candidate that blows my mind. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

The people on this forum most likely aren’t impacting anything at all.

Oh no doubt, agree 100%. 

• Like 2

Liberty is a better team and should’ve beaten V.Tedh. But what people fail to forget is Liberty just got to this level three years ago I believe . They lack depth so their starters can match up with power 5 programs but once the injury bug creeps in , they go down quite a notch. The last few games Freeze was playing with second and third stringers at prominent positions. Last three games they were playing with their third string QB and RB. This is just for context. Not to excuse the last two losses. With that being said, I don’t think that diminishes Freezes coaching ability nor do I think it means he is average or par with Gus.  Gus couldn’t come close to accomplishing what Freeze has done at Liberty. No clue why people keep making that tired argument . Gus should be running through UCF current conference with the talent he has and look at where he is.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

It’s the sanctimonious judgment of his personal life without doing so to one’s preferred candidate that blows my mind. 

Yes indeed!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Told, "It's not going to be Freeze"

Are you at authority to say/do you know who it is if not Freshwater?

Edited by AUwent

There will always be some on here that will get sanctimonious in judgment of a Head Coaching candidate at Auburn. Here are just a few gems from 2014 when we were considering Bruce Pearl to replace Barbee:

I can't believe the people on this site. My father played football at Auburn with Shug; my undergraduate

degree is from Auburn and I taught there from 1969-1973; and my son is an Auburn graduate in engineering.

I bleed orange and blue. How can you possibly want Bruce Pearl on the Auburn campus. He is a proven cheat

of the worst kind. Does winning mean so much to you that you are willing to sell your soul to the devil?

Shamed on us if we hire this man!

You make four of us on this board with serious reservations. Seems that everyone else is hell-bent that nobody but Pearl can even hope to win here. I'm not convinced that AU will offer the job to Pearl or that if offered, Pearl would accept. We'll pay whatever is necessary but I think at this point there are more important things than money to both AU and Pearl .

And there are always some that are concerned about the "bad PR".

JJ, please bring Chuck Person home. bama already has a lying coach.* The state doesn't need another one.

If JJ does decide to want Pearl, we have to petition the NCAA for permission. Not good PR for Auburn.

*Extra points for the irony! 🙂

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

Liberty is a better team and should’ve beaten V.Tedh. But what people fail to forget is Liberty just got to this level three years ago I believe . They lack depth so their starters can match up with power 5 programs but once the injury bug creeps in , they go down quite a notch. The last few games Freeze was playing with second and third stringers at prominent positions. Last three games they were playing with their third string QB and RB. This is just for context. Not to excuse the last two losses. With that being said, I don’t think that diminishes Freezes coaching ability nor do I think it means he is average or par with Gus.  Gus couldn’t come close to accomplishing what Freeze has done at Liberty. No clue why people keep making that tired argument . Gus should be running through UCF current conference with the talent he has and look at where he is.

Those that equate him to Gus or claim Gus 2.0 are either ignorant of the facts or just lazy/want to spout generic lines. Copycat syndrome of what they’ve read from other posters. He’s far ahead of Gus in basically every category sans his love for Waffle House and that’s yet to be proven lol. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

The search is always fun! Always!  The result for AU is always disappointing. Always! 

Agreed. If we hire Freeze, then in my opinion, we got another AD who is not right for us. At this point, I’d give it to Caddy and help surround him with talented coaches for a year or two, while he adjusts. Freeze just doesn’t impress me and I’m  growing a bit tired of all of the Kiffin talk and hope State lights his goofy ass up. 

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, DAG said:

How dare you challenge people to research their flaming hot takes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Told, "It's not going to be Freeze"

I assumed when we hired Cohen that Freeze was off the list.  I think that's a shame, he'd be on my list.

3 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I assumed when we hired Cohen that Freeze was off the list.  I think that's a shame, he'd be on my list.

It was never about his personal indiscretions. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It was never about his personal indiscretions. 

Ok, fair.  I have been told by OM and MSU fans that Cohen was very involved in Freeze's indiscretions being brought to light.  The implication was always there was now bad blood between the two.

There are a lot of coaches out there who would be worse hires than Freeze.  I hope we don't hire one.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

Ok, fair.  I have been told by OM and MSU fans that Cohen was very involved in Freeze's indiscretions being brought to light.  The implication was always there was now bad blood between the two.

Interesting, I haven't heard that. Thanks.