Jump to content

Freeze


gr82b4au
 Share

Recommended Posts





1 minute ago, e808 said:

U are putting too much thought into what u think might happen. He also would have a staff . It’s not Freeze by himself. 

No, it's pretty simple to see. First of all, Freeze was buying players so who he had at Ole Miss is no indication of who he'll have when larger, richer programs can also buy players. Second, we've seen this story before. Freeze has no leverage here. He'll hire who he's told. That's no necessarily a good thing, as we saw several times with Gus. 

This hire needed to unite boosters. It may do that...for now. 
It needed to unite the fanbase. Fail.
It needed to inject excitement into a flailing program. Nope. 
It needs to kill it in the portal. Doubtful.
It needs to dramatically turn around recruiting. We're going to need a LOT of NIL money to offset the easy negativity surrounding this hire.

I just see no positives here. This was absolutely the hire I feared most and if this is true, what do you think is going to happen if we turn in a 6-6, 7-5 type season? Do you think Freeze will get the patience a more attractive hire would have? If so, again, I admire your optimism. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, aucom96 said:

No, it's pretty simple to see. First of all, Freeze was buying players so who he had at Ole Miss is no indication of who he'll have when larger, richer programs can also buy players. Second, we've seen this story before. Freeze has no leverage here. He'll hire who he's told. That's no necessarily a good thing, as we saw several times with Gus. 

This hire needed to unite boosters. It may do that...for now. 
It needed to unite the fanbase. Fail.
It needed to inject excitement into a flailing program. Nope. 
It needs to kill it in the portal. Doubtful.
It needs to dramatically turn around recruiting. We're going to need a LOT of NIL money to offset the easy negativity surrounding this hire.

I just see no positives here. This was absolutely the hire I feared most and if this is true, what do you think is going to happen if we turn in a 6-6, 7-5 type season? Do you think Freeze will get the patience a more attractive hire would have? If so, again, I admire your optimism. 

Puts aucom96 down as a "no". 

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

 

 

Yep. And he’ll leave ole miss in a pine box.🙄

Statements  are meaningless.

Edited by ScotsAU
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Kiffin is out and we're entering into the Christmas season.

A perfect time for Coach Freeze to play Santa and bring in the Ho-ho-hos. 

Seriously, we can't honestly be considering hiring this guy.  This is the best we can do? 

Really? 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would not be opposed to hiring Freeze based off of his past personal indiscretions which he has paid the price for.  Everyone deserves a second chance within reason, we are not talking murder or a violent crime here because that would be a different story. He was not charged with any crime by any state or federal agency.  In fact, out of the 8 total level 1 violations they charged Ole Miss with, 4 of those were under Nutt, and 3 more were related directly to Laremy Tunsil and a booster with 0 involvement from Freeze's staff. The 8th is the only one under Freeze's watch that he was technically responsible for, and the violation was between the TE coach/recruiting coordinator having contact with a booster who provided $2000 total in inducements to 4 total recruits in 2013.  If you read the NCAA report and particularly the NCAA's explanation of what penalties were levied on Freeze and why, you will find that the Committee on Infractions found that Freeze HAD instituted a structure of compliance around his program that was substantial.  Other mitigating factors were ZERO history of infractions, his quick admission of responsibility, and his full cooperation with the NCAA,  Ultimately, it was his failure to monitor better that got him in trouble. 

I think he could be a great hire, and I would expect him to be exceedingly careful not to break any rules b/c of his experience.  Freeze would certainly have a lot to prove to Auburn, the SEC, and the NCAA which should add to the motivation.  Others have also said this, but just look at Bruce Pearl and what he has done with his second chance.  He has made Auburn a top 25 basketball program, if not top 10 or 15.  I'm not saying Freeze can replicate what Coach Pearl has done, but Freeze has proven to be a pretty good head coach with a winning record. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

I detect a lack of imagination

All’s fair in love, war and football.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, AUEAGLE said:

Why should we care at all about what UA fans are saying about the hire. We could hire Belichick and UA fans would have negative things to say.

Did I say I cared ? No. The perception will be the same everywhere. The same can be said about our own fan base. Do you think AU grad women who’ve been loyal to their husband for 30-50 years will think highly of Freeze?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, jknighton said:

 

30 minutes ago, AUGrad16 said:

Currently in Tuscaloosa , we’re already being called a fanbase who walks all over women, try to cover up rapes and the only school desperate enough to give him a chance. My worry is he’s my not a huge name with recruits but recruits mothers will most definitely remember him. Even if we win we’ll be known as cheaters . I have row 9 seat so I’m in for the long haul no matter what ha but this isn’t starting well

^^THIS^^
 

How do the parents of recruit’s feel about a former pervert? I’m a life long Auburn man, but if it’s Freeze, I’m out. Baseball, Basketball, all other AU programs….War Eagle forever. It’s not my place to forgive anybody’s transgressions, but they were so reprehensible that they were on full display nationally. People will never forget, even if he somehow manages to win national championships if hired at AU. Is the Auburn family willing to sell our souls for potential championships to this degree? I will take anyone over Freeze. Cadillac, Jeff Grimes, anyone that will represent Auburn in the spirit that we hold. We could’ve hired the sleaze when they hired Harsin. Why now? 

We have an opportunity like no other time in AU history with the NIL war chest and unbelievable, state-of-the-art Football only facility. The powers that be have said that they’ll do whatever it takes to get a coach that can turn us around quickly, vs. the long, painful turn that the Tennessee program went through. Are we willing to risk all the good things that make Auburn special for Freeze? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, AUGrad16 said:

Just repeating word for word what UA fans were saying about a potential Freeze hire this morning while eating breakfast at The Waysider 

The Waysider's breakfast is one of the best in Alabama.   Their biscuits are AUsome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

^^THIS^^
 

How do the parents of recruit’s feel about a former pervert? I’m a life long Auburn man, but if it’s Freeze, I’m out. Baseball, Basketball, all other AU programs….War Eagle forever. It’s not my place to forgive anybody’s transgressions, but they were so reprehensible that they were on full display nationally. People will never forget, even if he somehow manages to win national championships if hired at AU. Is the Auburn family willing to sell our souls for potential championships to this degree? I will take anyone over Freeze. Cadillac, Jeff Grimes, anyone that will represent Auburn in the spirit that we hold. We could’ve hired the sleaze when they hired Harsin. Why now? 

We have an opportunity like no other time in AU history with the NIL war chest and unbelievable, state-of-the-art Football only facility. The powers that be have said that they’ll do whatever it takes to get a coach that can turn us around quickly, vs. the long, painful turn that the Tennessee program went through. Are we willing to risk all the good things that make Auburn special for Freeze? 

also puts auburndkel down as a "no." 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Freeze was always the booster temptation hire I was hoping cohen would be able to control. We went from talking about getting coaches at Dabo’s level to settling for freeze - in less than a week. Shocked.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

All’s fair in love, war and football.

Reminds me of something I did a while back. 

I made a song for Alabama after they blew their 24-0 lead against Auburn in 2010. The melody is the Alabama fight song and one of the lyrics in it is, "They say all is Fairley in War Eagle and play, I guess you were not ready for that Camback today"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You folks that are so vocal about being out or not supporting football if Freeze are gonna look silly posting in the football threads next year. We should start a thread posting anyone who states that. Call their morally superior a$$es out next time they rear their perfect heads lol. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

You folks that are so vocal about being out or not supporting football if Freeze are gonna look silly posting in the football threads next year. We should start a thread posting anyone who states that. Call their morally superior a$$es out next time they rear their perfect heads lol. 

That one cat, I can't remember his name. Said he would turn in his fan card if AU hires Freeze. He was adamant bout it too

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Yellow Feller loves Freeze...

Let's revisit that after a rough 23 season. Yellow Feller has loved a lot of fired Auburn coaches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am sitting here scratching my head because the deal breaker will be with most parents what Freeze did in his past. It’s not like we don’t have social media and all types of music out there that they are exposed to. It’s like the guy committed a felony crime. Also it’s being treated like Freeze is coaching solo. If he keeps guys like Caddy and Zac those are high character guys. Not saying Freeze is a lights out hire but it could be worse

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's all good,  my man.... Been following AU a long time. All the talk about everything at AU being aligned is cool and all, but it always comes down to whoever the " BIG CHIEF" at the time   (think ol Yella Feller) wants. His favorite was Danny Hugh... That's the way its been at AU for 40 yrs.

It brought us Pat Dye or did the Big Chef want Dooley?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jknighton said:

I'm on board with hiring Freeze as well. The deeper I dug into Kiffin sounded like he would be our Jimbo. I'd rather give Freeze a chance to rebuild, then reset IF he fails without paying an absurd buyout.

Agreed!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...