Freeze

gr82b4au

22 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Pearl had a BBQ. He was beloved in the basketball press and has a dynamic personality that even UT fans still like. 

Freeze is a very different story. 

Freeze was the only “do not touch” option out there. He’s been available for years and no program (including desperate, lower tier ones) even went near him - was practically forgotten.   And we still touched.. for a solid but certainly not elite coach. Most confusing and underwhelming AU decision I’ve ever witnessed.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, aucom96 said:

You're not going to enjoy the ride any more than they will. 

Good to know you know what I will and won’t do. Tell us some more future facts if you would please. 

2 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Well, her logic is faulty on that. Freeze is not being investigated for sexual assault. Definitely shouldn't have contacted her during the investigation, but she is wrong to connect the two things directly

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

37 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

That would be different and it's kind of the point. This isn't - for many of us - some moral objection alone. It's PR. The threads on this board right now are only a microcosm of the full Auburn fan reaction is Freeze is hired. So we have a split fanbase from the start, with an awful roster going into 2023 after a lot of empty talk about "alignment". Excitement is muted, Auburn is a national punchline. 

If he had gone to bama, that PR hit had already happened, he showed what he could do and had stayed out of trouble at a P5 school, then the immediate negativity doesn't exist as much. But he's coming into a program still in a major hangover from negative press that's about to endure ANOTHER firestorm of it if it hires Freeze. It's just a stupid, stupid move that's beyond football and moral squeamishness alone. 

So let me make sure I understand your point. It's not necessarily what Freeze has done in the past that concerns you? It's the bad PR hit that AU would receive that concerns you?

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

So let me make sure I understand your point. It's not necessarily what Freeze has done in the past that concerns you? It's the bad PR hit that AU would receive that concerns you?

There are a lot of people in Auburn's fanbase that worry too much what others think. Meanwhile, no matter what happens the same ones are making fun of them anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Forgetting the PR fiasco that’s coming, I’ve gotten 3 texts from some uga buddies in the last hour literally expressing their condolences.  

Could be they maybe uncomfortable with us hiring Freeze. 

What Freeze has done in the past is the reason behind the PR hit, so it's connected, but I am looking at a Vanderbilt level roster that needs a lot of help in the portal and immediate turnaround on the recruiting trail. The bad PR hit and negativity coming from outside and inside the program over a Freeze hire will make achieving these things very difficult. 

We've heard repetitively how important "alignment" is to success for Auburn football. Hiring Freeze guarantees we will not have that alignment going forward. 

5 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Well, her logic is faulty on that. Freeze is not being investigated for sexual assault. Definitely shouldn't have contacted her during the investigation, but she is wrong to connect the two things directly

Lol that's the spin you want? 

Jesus Christmas Christ!

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

What Freeze has done in the past is the reason behind the PR hit, so it's connected, but I am looking at a Vanderbilt level roster that needs a lot of help in the portal and immediate turnaround on the recruiting trail. The bad PR hit and negativity coming from outside and inside the program over a Freeze hire will make achieving these things very difficult. 

We've heard repetitively how important "alignment" is to success for Auburn football. Hiring Freeze guarantees we will not have that alignment going forward. 

AU does have alignment.  Everyone is aligned behind Yellow Fella. As an AU fan u should know how this works. Don't know why some, mods on this board included) thought it would be different this time. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, AUDub said:

Lol that's the spin you want? 

Jesus Christmas Christ!

It's literally a true statement. It's not spin.

If our criteria is "don't hire a coach from a school that has been or is being investigated for a sexual assault not committed by the candidate" then our list would be pretty short.  

5 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

It actually could come back on freeze. When there’s an allegation like this within a company, you are not allowed to intimidate the person. As an employee of Liberty, he’s actually violating the law.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

This is turning into just as much of a circus as the #StopTheSteele movement

Still havent seen one bit of credible evidence that Danny Hugh is about to be the next AU coach.  Just idiot media (but I repeat myself) mental masturbation. 

AU does have alignment.  Everyone is aligned behind Yellow Fella. As an AU fan u should know how this works. 

The Gus saga made it very clear that isn't the case. 

3 hours ago, AUGrad16 said:

Currently in Tuscaloosa , we’re already being called a fanbase who walks all over women, try to cover up rapes and the only school desperate enough to give him a chance. My worry is he’s my not a huge name with recruits but recruits mothers will most definitely remember him. Even if we win we’ll be known as cheaters . I have row 9 seat at JHS so I’m in for the long haul no matter what ha but this isn’t starting well

Who cares what people in Tuscaloosa say

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

Someone likes attention.  Wierd.

Weird way of saying "sexual assault victim speaks out against coach that tried to intimidate her" but you do you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Potatooooooes!! said:

Who cares what people in Tuscaloosa say

Recruits and their mommas. It's what everyone else is gonna say too. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUDub said:

Weird way of saying "sexual assault victim speaks out against coach that tried to intimidate her" but you do you. 

Which she did months ago when it happened.  Now she's moved into a vendetta against him for messaging her.  Kinda psycho.