Freeze

gr82b4au

1 hour ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I hope Freeze is hired.

He is better than Deion, better than Dabo, better than anyone else for us (including Caddy).

He just needs to delete your daughter's phone number from his phone.

Agree, he is the best coach in the nation as long as he can keep his little bother in control

7 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

Neither was Dabo, lol.

Kiffin and Freeze were always the top two candidates. If we get one of the top two, that's fine for most of us (including me). There are even a couple second-tier candidates that most Auburn fans would be okay with. I think for some of ya'll screaming JABA, Just Auburn Being Auburn just means they hired someone that you didn't want.

Yes but my point was I believe they reached out to Dabo. They didn’t reach out to DS.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, creed said:

You think like a person that has no life except staring at a computer screen to see if someone had posted a new reply to a useless subject.

Thanks for being the one loser to stare at a screen and take time posting / pyschoanalyzing a new reply to a useless comment with an even more useless comment

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

I just don't understand how we seem to have this drama that most other schools don't. This was supposed to be the search where we shook off "JABA."

If AU did an Ancestry.com home kit, it would come back at least 89% JABA.    Its in the DNA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Thanks for being the one loser to stare at a screen and take time posting / pyschoanalyzing a new reply to a useless comment with an even more useless comment

You're welcome...lol

I had to create an account just so I could post - what makes Freeze so special? What’s up with the “winning everywhere” talk? Two 2-win seasons between Ole Miss and Liberty, and these are the only legit college football head coaching gigs he’s ever had. I’m from Virginia, and he just lost to an absolutely hapless Virginia Tech team.  A terrible team. I just don’t get it. It seems like he would be such a mediocre hire when we need a splash. “Winning everywhere” sounds like a parroted talking point. I’d have hoped he could manage to beat the Campbell Camels. Maybe we can schedule a home and home with them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, barnburner said:

I had to create an account just so I could post - what makes Freeze so special? What’s up with the “winning everywhere” talk? Two 2-win seasons between Ole Miss and Liberty, and these are the only legit college football head coaching gigs he’s ever had. I’m from Virginia, and he just lost to an absolutely hapless Virginia Tech team.  A terrible team. I just don’t get it. It seems like he would be such a mediocre hire when we need a splash. “Winning everywhere” sounds like a parroted talking point. I’d have hoped he could manage to beat the Campbell Camels. Maybe we can schedule a home and home with them.

Freeze < Gus and we'd immediately turn into the biggest punchline in college football on the media circuit. Probably wouldn't help with needing a HR in the portal. Of the names out there, it is the absolute most JABA of all possible hires...therefore, it will probably be the one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, barnburner said:

Well….suggestion.   Sign back off.   This has been beaten to death.   Do you honestly think Liberty is a better football program than VT?   He is coaching at Liberty!   They aren’t supposed to beat anyone.    If Liberty were on our schedule, people would complain about playing such a loser team.   And secondly, it’s Ole Miss!   Again it’s Ole Miss!   When people look at their preseason schedule prognostications, they always chalk up Ole Miss as a win.   He took that perception and turned it around at both places.   The dude can coach.   Does he have personal issues, yes.  

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed

Lol.  VT was on a SEVEN GAME losing streak when they beat Liberty. History of the programs is irrelevant at that point. VT is absolutely horrendous this year.  They are AU 2012 bad. It’s a huge stretch to defend losing to that team. 

26 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Well….suggestion.   Sign back off.   This has been beaten to death.   Do you honestly think Liberty is a better football program than VT?   He is coaching at Liberty!   They aren’t supposed to beat anyone.    If Liberty were on our schedule, people would complain about playing such a loser team.   And secondly, it’s Ole Miss!   Again it’s Ole Miss!   When people look at their preseason schedule prognostications, they always chalk up Ole Miss as a win.   He took that perception and turned it around at both places.   The dude can coach.   Does he have personal issues, yes.  

I do think Liberty is better than VT as it stands. Old Dominion beat VT this year and a couple seasons ago as well. I don’t want an 8-5er from 2 perennial losers to be at the helm, but that’s just me and my hopes for Auburn football. You type like we’re not chalked up as a win these days. We are. But sounds like Freeze would be a perfect fit in that regard. If we don’t want to be 8-5 we ought to aim a little higher with who’s in charge.

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

just don't understand how we seem to have this drama that most other schools don't. This was supposed to be the search where we shook off "JABA."

I usually agree with your posts, but not this one. Most schools do have it. Look back at what bammer went through during the time when they hired Saban. It was a circus far exceeding anything going on at Auburn this time.

As far as the JABA thing, it's neither accurate or cute in any discussion. I think it's something bammers thought up and some of our people are willing to parrot anything enemies say about Auburn.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

I just don't understand how we seem to have this drama that most other schools don't. This was supposed to be the search where we shook off "JABA."

(I know nothing's official yet but just preparing myself for him to announce it right before the game tomorrow night. Naturally I have a bad feeling that Freeze will fall through somehow too...)

Remember, Saban was uats 4th choice. It's easy to have chaos when one agent wins no matter what happens. Regardless of outcome, Sexton gets paid.

• Like 1

Great idea here. Let's all give God thanks for our blessings today. Hunt, play golf (whatever your hobby is), spend time with our families, watch a bunch of football games And then Sunday we should know who our new coach is.

• Like 1

I think the JABA thing at the moment, is being thrown out when anyone does not like anything AU does. It sounds like this is the best coaching search they have conducted in recent memory. Meaning, very little leaks as to what is really going on on the AU side of things. No one actually has a clue what AU will do.

Freeze intrigues me as a coach because he has so much to prove. He made a mistake and paid for it. If he is hired, he gets his chance at redemption. How hard would someone work for that? Not saying he is my first choice. I am just watching the show.

• Like 3

Guest MustardSeed
7 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

I think the JABA thing at the moment, is being thrown out when anyone does not like anything AU does. It sounds like this is the best coaching search they have conducted in recent memory. Meaning, very little leaks as to what is really going on on the AU side of things. No one actually has a clue what AU will do.

Freeze intrigues me as a coach because he has so much to prove. He made a mistake and paid for it. If he is hired, he gets his chance at redemption. How hard would someone work for that? Not saying he is my first choice. I am just watching the show.

He didn’t make “a mistake”. He continually makes horrendous moral decisions as recently as this year. Rehabilitated people don’t private message students who are sexual assault victims accusing people in their circle…. That happened just this summer. His mistakeS pile up continually. He would an absolute PR NIGHTMARE with how the bama media already attacks us. 

24 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

He would an absolute PR NIGHTMARE with how the bama media already attacks us. 

There's never satisfying the bama media. We certainly shouldn't make hiring decisions based on making them happy. They currently want us to retain Cadillac as HC. Those articles get clicks. But don't think they won't (typo fix) turn on him when he loses and that will get them clicks. And then they'll attack Auburn when we fire our first black HC.

Edited by Zinzan
typo correction
  • Like 3

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, Zinzan said:

There's never satisfying the bama media. We certainly shouldn't make hiring decisions based on making them happy. They currently want us to retain Cadillac as HC. Those articles get clicks. But don't think they'll turn on him when he loses and that will get them clicks. And then they'll attack Auburn when we fire our first black HC.

Not even in the same galaxy

46 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I usually agree with your posts, but not this one. Most schools do have it. Look back at what bammer went through during the time when they hired Saban. It was a circus far exceeding anything going on at Auburn this time.

As far as the JABA thing, it's neither accurate or cute in any discussion. I think it's something bammers thought up and some of our people are willing to parrot anything enemies say about Auburn.

Spot on on both counts.

26 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

I think the JABA thing at the moment, is being thrown out when anyone does not like anything AU does.

True, too.

• Like 2