Freeze

gr82b4au

7 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm not finding any evidence he's a strong recruiter, which should at the very top of the list of qualifications for the next HC.  With Freeze supposedly being off the table, Lanning is starting to become more intriguing to me.

I would not be disappointed with Lanning.

• Like 3

On 11/23/2022 at 9:49 PM, AUwent said:

I just don't understand how we seem to have this drama that most other schools don't. This was supposed to be the search where we shook off "JABA."

(I know nothing's official yet but just preparing myself for him to announce it right before the game tomorrow night. Naturally I have a bad feeling that Freeze will fall through somehow too...)

AU will never shake off JABA

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, DAG said:

The biases is hilarious from people of faith. Along with the hypocrisy. I hate when people try to intermingle their own faith principles in entertainment. 

Seeing how all this has went down, lm gonna circle back around and go with Danny Hugh. I'm just not convinced that Kiffen really wants to be at AU or if he just wants to chase a championship.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Seeing how all this has went down, lm gonna circle back around and go with Danny Hugh. I'm just not convinced that Kiffen really wants to be at AU or if he just wants to chase a championship.  

Things can just never be simple here, huh? 

31 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm leaning DHF myself considering he would possibly be willing to keep guys like Caddy and Etheridge. Obviously it should be his choice, but I think he'd be humbled by the opportunity and not threatened by the success of our "Auburn men". Building a great staff will be paramount to his success and those 2 should be kept IMO.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, jknighton said:

I'm leaning DHF myself considering he would possibly be willing to keep guys like Caddy and Etheridge. Obviously it should be his choice, but I think he'd be humbled by the opportunity and not threatened by the success of our "Auburn men". Building a great staff will be paramount to his success and those 2 should be kept IMO.

I agree with all u said. Freeze has something to prove and IMO would do great here. And possibly convince Matt Luke to come out of retirement 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, aucom96 said:

Oh, I know who he is. I'm just wondering why we would want Dan Mullen's quarterbacks coach after he crapped the bed at Florida. I had hoped Freeze was a last gasp mention, but wow. 

Brian Johnson didn’t crap the bed at Florida. Dan Mullen did the year after Johnson left for the nfl. Kyle trask three for 43 tds and Florida won the east the last season he was at Florida. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm not finding any evidence he's a strong recruiter, which should at the very top of the list of qualifications for the next HC.  With Freeze supposedly being off the table, Lanning is starting to become more intriguing to me.

Plenty evidence of him being a strong recruiter. You just didn’t look hard enough. 

https://247sports.com/coach/brian-johnson-908/

• Like 3

Unless there’s a big secret move here, looking like Freeze. I guess I’m a little surprised based on posters here being so confident he wasn’t a real option and with all the Kiffin stuff. Im fine with it, just a tick surprised. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So either we get a guy who got smoked for an entire month after becoming top 10 or we get Hugh Freeze

Kiffin is certainly an improvement over the last coach but goodness man, the optics 

I enjoy your takes and agree on most of them.

But I don't understand the optics talk, and I mean no disrespect to you or others that think the same. I like to listen to sports talk out of our immediate media footprint, and nationally on XM radio and the podcasts on the web. Freeze has been mentioned as a top 2 or 3 candidate in the majority of them. It won't be a surprise to many of those folks. Whether he'll be any good or not - if hired - is another matter.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So either we get a guy who got smoked for an entire month after becoming top 10 or we get Hugh Freeze

Kiffin is certainly an improvement over the last coach but goodness man, the optics 

The optics?   😆

Prostitutes on speed dial.

• Haha 1

I don't have a problem with hiring a well qualified assistant coach who has SEC experience, NFL experience is known as a good recruiter. The aforementioned Johnson checks a lot of boxes.

Auburn doesn't require a splash hire, we need a program builder who can understand how to use the portal and NIL to our advantage.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I just hope Freeze stops with the cringe faux religious speak

That won’t stop. Auburn folks love that talk…

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

This is why we are waiting 'til after the Iron Bowl.   Talk about taking the wind out of our sails.   Freeze would be OK ,  but I do not trust him to keep us off probation. 

which is saying something considering we now have paying players and basic free agency.