Stan White

Ber798297

It was announced on the Tiger Tailgate show that Stan White will call his last game today.  He’s been the color analyst for 22 years.  He started with Jim Fyffe. Going to miss him in the booth!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 11

5 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

It was announced on the Tiger Tailgate show that Stan White will call his last game today.  He’s been the color analyst for 22 years.  He started with Jim Fyffe. Going to miss him in the booth!!

That is disappointing.   I really appreciate Stan's passion.   I bet he wants to start enjoying gamey with his family.

• Like 3

Just now, LPTiger said:

That is disappointing.   I really appreciate Stan's passion.   I bet he wants to start enjoying gamey with his family.

Or he heard about Freeze

Seriously, Stan White is awesome. Great in the booth. One of my favorite AU players of all time. 

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

What is going on?! What a horrible day for Auburn football...

What do you mean? All that's concrete is that Stan White is stepping down. If you're referring to Freeze being HC, that's not concrete and shouldn't ruin your day.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I try not to hate on Andy, but damn I miss Rod

Andy is a super person but he struggles calling football. I hate it but its hard to ignore.

Edited by CR
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ber798297 said:

Damn, even Stan White is giving up on Andy. 

• Haha 1

image.png

September 1990 #3 Auburn Battles Back Against #5 Tennessee 
Auburn trailed by 15 in the opening seconds of the fourth quarter, before freshman quarterback Stan White rallied the Tigers with his passing. White completed 30 of 58 passes for 338 yards and three touchdowns with all three in the second half. 

Edited by auburndkel
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I was just getting over Jim Fyffe when we lost Rod. Andy still doesn’t feel right, despite all the heart and effort he puts forth.

Gonna miss Stan.

• Like 2

Jim Fyffe, Rod, and now Stan.  Ugh.  I've really enjoyed listening to Stan's color commentary.

His reaction to the Kick 6 was something I'll never forget.

Edited by MaxCohen216
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Jim Phyffe, Rod, and now Stan.  Ugh.  I've really enjoyed listening to Stan's color commentary.

His reaction to the Kick 6 was something I'll never forget.

Getting to sit in a small room with a few others and hear rod talk all about the little things about that call is something I'll always remember. Rod and Stan were a huge part of my life growing up. Dangit, don't get me emotional lol

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Van Riggs is available.

15 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I think Andy is getting better. He's growing on me. But I admit, he's not in the Fyffe-Bramlett category at this point.

Andy is just kinda' ok.  I'm beginning to think Fyffe is irreplaceable!  He was stellar!!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ber798297 said:

Maybe he’s taking the HC position

6 hours ago, auburndkel said:

image.png

September 1990 #3 Auburn Battles Back Against #5 Tennessee 
Auburn trailed by 15 in the opening seconds of the fourth quarter, before freshman quarterback Stan White rallied the Tigers with his passing. White completed 30 of 58 passes for 338 yards and three touchdowns with all three in the second half. 

A few years later in '93 Auburn beat #3 Florida with Stan under center. I was able to be there watching with my brother. The amount of toilet paper was astounding! We were able to run the clock out after going up by three. Great memories.

• Like 1