Don Lemon Tackles Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Shocking Segregation-Era Photo With Little Rock Nine Survivor

Auburn85

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/watch-don-lemon-tackles-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-shocking-segregation-era-photo-with-little-rock-nine-survivor/

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/lebron-calls-himself-woke-wants-to-hold-media-accountable-for-not-asking-about-jerry-jones/

LeBron Calls Himself ‘Woke,’ Wants To Hold Media ‘Accountable’ For Not Asking About Jerry Jones

I don’t care much for Jerry Jones, but damn. He was 15 in an era that was very different than it is today. James can take his wokeness back to his multi million dollar mansion in LA. 

Edited by autigeremt
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I don’t care much for Jerry Jones, but damn. He was 15 in an era that was very different than it is today. James can take his wokeness back to his multi million dollar mansion is LA. 

Why are you afraid of the conversation?

Do you believe that we are a country founded in racism?  Can we not address the issue as adults?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Do you believe that we are a country founded in racism?  Can we not address the issue as adults?

Says the person that only used emojis for four+ years on this board.  You are a hoot.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2022 at 10:52 AM, icanthearyou said:

You are such a douche. 

I believe at one time nearly the entire globe was full of racists. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, autigeremt said:

You are such a douche. 

I believe at one time nearly the entire globe was full of racists. 

That is exactly the problem.  When the words, "We the People" were written, the meaning was quite limited.  We have to reconcile the original meaning which was limited to wealthy white males with,,, the aspirational meaning of today, ALL of the people.  Only then, can we have true democracy, relative equality, and justice for all.

We will eventually have to recognize, understand, and correct our religious, political, social origins in the belief in white supremacy. 

IMHO, a government of the people is our most important founding belief/conviction.  Sadly, it is our most significant failing.

Race/racism isn't simply about a single group.  The social and economic affects are more broadly significant.  In the political realm, racism is about power.

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Some people want to fix the problem.  Some do not see a problem.  Some wish to perpetuate the problem.

Some wish to use it as a weapon to perpetuate a shift in the dynamics of power instead of recognizing it as an evil that has been used by people of all colors and cultures and one that needs to be smashed into the ground. Forever. 

• Facepalm 1

57 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

That is exactly the problem.  When the words, "We the People" were written, the meaning was quite limited.  We have to reconcile the original meaning which was limited to wealthy white males with,,, the aspirational meaning of today, ALL of the people.  Only then, can we have true democracy, relative equality, and justice for all.

We will eventually have to recognize, understand, and correct our religious, political, social origins in the belief in white supremacy. 

IMHO, a government of the people is our most important founding belief/conviction.  Sadly, it is our most significant failing.

Race/racism isn't simply about a single group.  The social and economic affects are more broadly significant.  In the political realm, racism is about power.

You and Mark Charles are attempting to use today’s standard and hold those to the  people who wrote the Declaration.  It is disingenuous and illogical. 

• Facepalm 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:17 PM, autigeremt said:

I don’t care much for Jerry Jones, but damn. He was 15 in an era that was very different than it is today. James can take his wokeness back to his multi million dollar mansion in LA. 

Should have quit after your first two sentences.

I couldn't care less about LeBron James either, but "wokeness" is not a bad thing.

Edited by homersapien

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Some people want to fix the problem.  Some do not see a problem.  Some wish to perpetuate the problem.

And others make "woke" - the term used to characterize acknowledgment of the problem - as bad and use it as a criticism.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Should have quit after your first two sentences.

I couldn't care less about LeBron James either, but "wokeness" is not a bad thing.

Depends on perspective. I see it as another divisive tactic of the left. And no....I won't quit. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You and Mark Charles are attempting to use today’s standard and hold those to the  people who wrote the Declaration.  It is disingenuous and illogical. 

While most of the current SCOTUS do just the opposite.  ;D

19 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Depends on perspective. I see it as another divisive tactic of the left. And no....I won't quit. 

:ucrazy:

While I - on the other hand - see this subject as just a silly exercise, as you stated in your first two sentences: 

"I don’t care much for Jerry Jones, but damn. He was 15 in an era that was very different than it is today."

No need to introduce a wacky, irrational partisanship slant. 

But I guess that's just the current zeitgist. :no:

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, homersapien said:

While most of the current SCOTUS do just the opposite.  ;D

That’s their job.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That’s their job.

But you said:  "You and Mark Charles are attempting to use today’s standard and hold those to the  people who wrote the Declaration.  It is disingenuous and illogical."

So I can only agree with your implication the SCOTUS is often "disingenuous and illogical. ;D

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

:ucrazy:

While I - on the other hand - see this subject as just a silly exercise, as you stated in your first two sentences: 

"I don’t care much for Jerry Jones, but damn. He was 15 in an era that was very different than it is today."

No need to introduce a wacky, irrational partisanship slant. 

But I guess that's just the current zeitgist. :no:

Another illogical and ideological response. Par for your course. 

• Like 1

Just now, homersapien said:

But you said:  "You and Mark Charles are attempting to use today’s standard and hold those to the  people who wrote the Declaration.  It is disingenuous and illogical."

So I can only agree with your implication the SCOTUS is often "disingenuous and illogical. ;D

You would be wrong.  The SCOTUS should interpret the Constitution, not re-write it or put their own spin on it.  It is not necessarily a living document.

• Like 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

You would be wrong.  The SCOTUS should interpret the Constitution, not re-write it or put their own spin on it.  It is not necessarily a living document.

From a SCOTUS point of view you would be correct. It's up to Congress and the ratifiers to make it a living document. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

From a SCOTUS point of view you would be correct. It's up to Congress and the ratifiers to make it a living document. 

Yes, and we saw that it the *Respect for Marriage Act* recently.  The way is should be done, but congress is too chicken at times.

13 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Another illogical and ideological response. Par for your course. 

Actually, you got it backwards.  My post was both logical and non ideological.

(Unless you are saying that conservatives actually do disapprove of even acknowledging we have problems with racism and misogyny in society as one of their ideological precepts.) ;D

Edited by homersapien