* Official Auburn vs. Alabama Game Thread *

abw0004

23 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

It’s all about the mindset. For any trivial reason you believe in JABA, there are a million reasons it is Great to be an Auburn Tiger. That used to be the Auburn mindset before softies like you started whining all the time. And I only call you out as being soft because you chose to defend this JABA crap. Until we stop being a bunch of ******* then weak minded people will continuously being that crap up. 

Oh JW, I don't mind you calling me soft, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I do agree that it is always great to be an Auburn fan. BUT I do agree also that auburn has a reputation of being JABA as people put it. I prefer not to use that moniker to describe auburn but I don't see it as being a "Soft fan" any more than someone complaining and about people using the moniker of Jaba as being "Soft" either. I think it is people using their freedom of speech to make a statement about an institution that they love and care about. Some people just lack the possession of mental capacity to exhibit their emotions in a manner that isn't seen as "attacking" someone else.... personally I don't care what others (Auburn fans or any other) think or say. 

But you do you big guy. 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Robby is a gamer man. I HOPE it works out for him here. 

Yeah he is. This is his best game of the year. 

I had my doubts a few weeks ago, but with the right coaching and another spring to prepare, he could be the guy? Would love to see him become another Nick Marshall.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Robby is a gamer man. I HOPE it works out for him here. 

He’s going to make a great WR or Slot for Auburn next year!

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

One thing u can never say against robby, that dude ******* fights 

This . He works his ass off  . His effort can not be questioned. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, creed said:

are you referring to roster management and recruiting?

no.   strategy.   after years of experience you know what gives you the best chance of success.  Do you run plays really fast.  Play a lot of trick plays.   Go for broke on 4th down a lot?   Play dirty.  just straight up smash mouth,   whatever.    After years of experience you know what works best and what is a waste of time for whatever talent level you have.  Your strategies become stronger. 

Don't discount experience.    you may not win them all,  and you will still make mistakes,  but the longer you are at a job,  the fewer mistakes you make.    

obviously,  I don't know you ,  but if you have been in your career more than 5 or so years,  think of the stupid mistakes you made when you started.  Do you still do those things?   Did you try other ways that were better?   If you didn't make mistakes,  think of the things you could have done a lot better with the knowledge you have now.   or , if you did things great all the time,  do you still do those things you learned to do at the beginning.  experience matters.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

Robby has done his part today. But for the JH fumble, the bad punt fumble call and the D,  this game would be down to the wire. 

Just too many mistakes and most by seniors, no less.

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yeah he is. This is his best game of the year. 

I had my doubts a few weeks ago, but with the right coaching and another spring to prepare, he could be the guy? Would love to see him become another Nick Marshall.

Problem is he has no offensive line, he isn’t consistent, his accuracy is hit and miss,  and he makes bad decisions.  I don’t know if he can overcome those things.  I guess we will find out. 

• Like 1

Just now, WarEagle1982 said:

The talent gap between Auburn and Bama is MASSIVE right now, but one thing you can say is this bunch of guys never give up.  Robby Ashford is a doggone competitor!

Gotta' love their ❤️!

Just now, tigerrules said:

Problem is he has no offensive line, he isn’t consistent, his accuracy is hit and miss,  and he makes bad decisions.  I don’t know if he can overcome those things.  I guess we will find out. 

Not sure he's a QB, but I definitely want him on the field.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Last comment on the football season. I’m glad it’s over. Welcome Coach Freeze. I hope you get busy in the portal and recruiting we need decent players

He hasn't even been offered.  https://www.si.com/college/auburn/.amp/football/liberty-flames-hugh-freeze-addresses-questions-about-the-auburn-head-coaching-job