uat has to be out!

AUY2K

14 minutes ago, arein0 said:

So, Ohio St just got skull drug at home by Michigan and are about to get in. Also USC is ranked higher than any team Bama beat. Doesnt change the fact that UT beat them head to head. You cant tell me if Bama and UT swapped resumes UT would be ranked higher.

Dude are u kidding me UT got scored on at will against an unranked team vs Ohio State losing at home against a top 5 team . I don’t like Bama either but surely u have to know how u lose matters as well. U think they gonna put them in the playoffs without their starting QB. No way

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Dude are u kidding me UT got scored on at will against an unranked team vs Ohio State losing at home against a top 5 team . I don’t like Bama either but surely u have to know how u lose matters as well

I understand that the loss to USC was bad. My point is that for years the playoff committee has used the reason for not beating anyone as a reason to keep teams out. Now that Bama is in that situation, they value a bad loss more than no big wins? Bama is 0-2 vs teams with 9 or more wins. UT is 2-1. Plus UT beat Bama head to head. Yes UT had a bad loss, but they've proven they can beat good teams, Bama hasnt.

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Dude are u kidding me UT got scored on at will against an unranked team vs Ohio State losing at home against a top 5 team . I don’t like Bama either but surely u have to know how u lose matters as well. U think they gonna put them in the playoffs without their starting QB. No way

Exactly. Even Tennessee fans understand that they aren't a top 4 team now due to Hendon Hooker being out. If Kansas State keeps this lead, along with that USC loss to Utah, it will be UGA, Michigan, Ohio State and Alabama.

Everybody not in those 4 fanbases will lose their minds too.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

I understand that the loss to USC was bad. My point is that for years the playoff committee has used the reason for not beating anyone as a reason to keep teams out. Now that Bama is in that situation, they value a bad loss more than no big wins? Bama is 0-2 vs teams with 9 or more wins. UT is 2-1. Plus UT beat Bama head to head. Yes UT had a bad loss, but they've proven they can beat good teams, Bama hasnt.

Bama lost 2 games, on the road in front of 100,000+ fans, by a total of 4 points. Both losses were on the last play of the game. One of those teams is in the SECCG and the other is ranked 7th. Bama is 3 plays away from being 7-5. (Texas, Ole Miss, Texas A&M were 1 play wins) Bama is also 2 plays away from being undefeated.

Tennessee was blown out in both of their losses. One loss was to the #1 team on the road and the other was against an 8-4 team also on the road. They also beat Bama. Their starting QB is out for the year. That matters when putting in the best 4 teams. 

I can see both teams arguements to be honest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Bama lost 2 games, on the road in front of 100,000+ fans, by a total of 4 points. Both losses were on the last play of the game. One of those teams is in the SECCG and the other is ranked 7th. Bama is 3 plays away from being 7-5. (Texas, Ole Miss, Texas A&M were 1 play wins) Bama is also 2 plays away from being undefeated.

Tennessee was blown out in both of their losses. One loss was to the #1 team on the road and the other was against an 8-4 team also on the road. They also beat Bama. Their starting QB is out for the year. That matters when putting in the best 4 teams. 

I can see both teams arguements to be honest.

My only problem is that if the situations were reversed, Bama would still be ranked higher because of the reasons I mentioned. Not beating a good team is actually the most used reason to keep an undefeated G5 team out.

TCU better get there sh*t together, or they're gonna be out of the playoffs.

Hopefully, if they can keep it close (down by 11 right now with 11 minutes left in the 4th), they'll still be in it?

Why does it seem like bama almost always gets what it needs to back their way into the playoffs/nc game? TCU and USC could both make the argument that they had to play an extra game, while bama gets to sit at home. 🙄

22 minutes ago, arein0 said:

My only problem is that if the situations were reversed, Bama would still be ranked higher because of the reasons I mentioned. Not beating a good team is actually the most used reason to keep an undefeated G5 team out.

Respectfully no Bama team under Saban has gotten blown out like Tennessee has. I know u saying if the roles were reversed but that’s not likely. All TCU has to do is win and our discussions mean nothing. If they lose everything’s on the table

8 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

TCU better get there sh*t together, or they're gonna be out of the playoffs.

Hopefully, if they can keep it close (down by 11 right now with 11 minutes left in the 4th), they'll still be in it?

Why does it seem like bama almost always gets what it needs to back their way into the playoffs/nc game? TCU and USC could both make the argument that they had to play an extra game, while bama gets to sit at home. 🙄

Agree. If Bama gets in the playoffs this year without winning the SEC West, that will really suck!!! In 2011 they didn't win the SEC West but won the Natty over LSU. 2017 Auburn won the SEC West and then Bama beat Georgia for the Natty. Now 2022 and it may happen again. Has ANY other school won a National Title without winning their own division in conference? 

Georgia lost to Bama in the SECCG last year but beat Bama for the Natty. I'm so sick of seeing our 2 rivals play for National Titles every freaking year!!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Agree. If Bama gets in the playoffs this year without winning the SEC West, that will really suck!!! In 2011 they didn't win the SEC West but won the Natty over LSU. 2017 Auburn won the SEC West and then Bama beat Georgia for the Natty. Now 2022 and it may happen again. Has ANY other school won a National Title without winning their own division in conference? 

Georgia lost to Bama in the SECCG last year but beat Bama for the Natty. I'm so sick of seeing our 2 rivals play for National Titles every freaking year!!!

Only Ohio State has even had the opportunity 

20 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

You read my mind on everything!

I was just thinking about that LSU-rematch (hard to beat a team twice) in 2011, and 2017 as well with us needing to beat uga (we didn't) while bama just sits at home. Garbage. 

And yeah, I'm sick of seeing the bama/uga setup every year....

Just watch - IF bama backs into the playoffs, it SHOULD be #1 uga vs #4 bama in the semis, but you KNOW they'll somehow move bama to the #3 seed.... I'm sure they could justify it with not wanting a UM/tOSU matchup in the semis.

As I type, TCU has just tied up the game at 28-28. There is about 1:14 left in the game. Let's hope it goes to OT at least. Let's also hope that a close loss (if that happens) keeps TCU in the playoffs.

Edited by yngwie1995

TCU/KSt tied at 28-28. Setting up for a last-minute FG attempt? Hmm, where have we seen this scenario before? 🤔

How awesome would that be, if a TCU Kick Six kept bama out of the playoffs? 🤣

I think by TCU going to overtime even with a lose should be ok. However, I am just a guy on a forum with an opinion. A win would leave no doubt

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, e808 said:

I think by TCU going to overtime even with a lose should be ok. However, I am just a guy on a forum with an opinion. A win would leave no doubt

You are right. Just by taking it to OT, TCU is in.   For a while I was worried that they would get blown out, and let Bama sneak in.  Leaves Bama at 5, lol.  I hate Ohio State, but losing to an undefeated team just doesn't compare to Bama's 2 losses to teams not even in the top 10.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 4

Kirk Herbstreit thinks TCU is in as well. Let's hope the selection committee sees it the same way. 

Let's hope this loss motivates TCU to do well in the playoffs. Hopefully it's uga, UM, tOSU, TCU. I'm pulling for a UM/TCU final. Although, I still think TCU will be #3 and tOSU #4.

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1

Man he should have taken the points . Probably would have been unpopular but some points would have been better than no points. They most likely will play Georgia now

Man, nobody is taking care of business in the top 4 are they? 

Hopefully its like Kirk said and TCU just drops to #4. a 1 loss TCU still deserves a spot over Bama, but the committee has kind of undervalued TCU all year so well see what happens. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Man he should have taken the points . Probably would have been unpopular but some points would have been better than no points. They most likely will play Georgia now

Yeah, their play calling was kinda crap at the end. They also got a bad spot, IMO. And, their first down in the RZ was just inside the 10 (I think). Another foot or two back, and they could have gotten first and goal inside the 1.

• Love 1

I've never liked conference championship games with the playoff setup as it is.  The conference champ should be in the playoff.  This was Kansas State's superbowl, but TCU just needed to keep it close and avoid injuries.  Same will be true for Georgia and Meat Chicken.  I'm going to like the 12 team playoff much better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Man what if Michigan lost to Purdue today. I shouldn’t go there

Then no doubt, it is a conspiracy.

When Tennessee lost to #2 Georgia at Georgia, they dropped from #1 to #5 in the playoff rankings

When Ohio State lost to #3 Michigan at Ohio State they dropped from #2 to #5 in the playoff rankings

When Alabama lost to #10 LSU at LSU, they dropped from #6 to #9 in the playoff rankings

When Clemson lost to unranked South Carolina at Clemson, they dropped from #8 to #9 in the playoff rankings

When Kansas State lost to #24 Texas at Kansas State, they dropped from #13 to #19 in the playoff rankings

When North Carolina lost to unranked Georgia Tech at North Carolina, they dropped from #13 to #17 in the playoff rankings

How will the playoff committee rank #3 TCU after their loss to #10 Kansas State?

The playoff committee seems to have a changing formula from week to week when it comes to ranking teams that lose.

Edited by Auburn85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bama isn’t what they used to be, so them squeaking into the playoffs now is even more infuriating than it was in 2011 and 2017. They may have lost their two games by 4 total points, but they also nearly lost to Texas, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss. They’ve been far from impressive or dominant. Regardless of the record, they’re not a top 4 team.

Edited by caleb1633
  • Like 1