uat has to be out!

AUY2K

46 minutes ago, e808 said:

Man what if Michigan lost to Purdue today. I shouldn’t go there

Unless they get blown out, they are in. And maybe even if they get blown out.  Bama has two semi-bad losses and their best win is against the 3rd best team in the Big 12.  Their resume just isn't going to let them leapfrog a 1 loss team with good wins.

25 minutes ago, Auburn85 said:

When Tennessee lost to #2 Georgia at Georgia, they dropped from #1 to #5 in the playoff rankings

When Ohio State lost to #3 Michigan at Ohio State they dropped from #2 to #5 in the playoff rankings

When Alabama lost to #10 LSU at LSU, they dropped from #6 to #9 in the playoff rankings

When Clemson lost to unranked South Carolina at Clemson, they dropped from #8 to #9 in the playoff rankings

When Kansas State lost to #24 Texas at Kansas State, they dropped from #13 to #19 in the playoff rankings

When North Carolina lost to unranked Georgia Tech at North Carolina, they dropped from #13 to #17 in the playoff rankings

How will the playoff committee rank #3 TCU after their loss to #10 Kansas State?

The playoff committee seems to have a changing formula from week to week when it comes to ranking teams that lose.

I felt pretty confident about my opinion I’d TCU. Now after reading ur breakdown Ai am not so sure. TCU had one job and they failed. The fact that u keep hearing people say they gotta be in makes it even scarier

13 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Unless they get blown out, they are in. And maybe even if they get blown out.  Bama has two semi-bad losses and their best win is against the 3rd best team in the Big 12.  Their resume just isn't going to let them leapfrog a 1 loss team with good wins.

Their best win was Ole Miss #11 . I wasn’t worried about Michigan. It’s can TCU overcome the Bama bias. We gonna find out soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Their best win was Ole Miss #11 . I wasn’t worried about Michigan. It’s can TCU overcome the Bama bias. We gonna find out soon

Ole Miss is outside the top 25 now, which is what counts. Texas at 21 is their best win, and that was in the 2nd game of the season. 

• Like 1

Gary Danielson and Brad Nessler slobbering all over bama during the uga/lsu game. Saying tOSU is definitely in, now it's between TCU and bama. They want bama in so bad. 🤦‍♂️ 

Gotta have the big names in there. Why not bama vs tOSU on the bubble? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by yngwie1995

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

Gary Danielson and Brad Nessler slobbering all over bama during the uga/lsu game. Saying tOSU is definitely in, now it's between TCU and bama. They want bama in so bad. 🤦‍♂️

Can you blame them? Everybody's lost who's needed to

5 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Can you blame them? Everybody's lost who's needed to

So a 12-1 TCU team (5-1 vs top 25) that lost their conference championship game in OT gets the boot in favor of bama team (3-2 vs top 25) that lost 2 in the regular season and sat at home because they didn't make it to their conference championship game.

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

So a 12-1 TCU team (5-1 vs top 25) that lost their (extra) conference championship game in OT gets the boot in favor of bama team (3-2 vs top 25) that lost 2 in the regular season and sat at home because they didn't make it to their conference championship game.

Personally NO. But to the CFP committee TCU chose the wrong time to lose. Same as UM if they end losing to Purdue 

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

Personally NO. But to the CFP committee TCU chose the wrong time to lose. Same as UM if they end losing to Purdue 

So if bama had beaten LSU and made it to the SECCG with 1 loss, then lost to uga, they'd get the boot? I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

UM could lose though because their name Carrie’s weight. TCU not so much. It isn’t fair but Bama and Michigan have bigger fan bases than TCU. Hopefully TCU makes it in at the 3 spot. I don’t think them against Georgia will be any good. TCU did themselves no favor by losing. In a good amount of their games this years they had to come from behind to win.

Edited by e808

So if bama had beaten LSU and made it to the SECCG with 1 loss, then lost to uga, they'd get the boot? I doubt it.

Yes Alabama losing w/ 1 loss vs uga would knock their ass out. My point is, the last 8 years have taught us that WHO and WHEN you lose matters. Whether I agree with it or not 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

So a 12-1 TCU team (5-1 vs top 25) that lost their conference championship game in OT gets the boot in favor of bama team (3-2 vs top 25) that lost 2 in the regular season and sat at home because they didn't make it to their conference championship game.

It's not going to happen because of what you just outlined. I was worried, but I'm not now. If they had better wins or less bad losses, they might have a case. But they don't.

Edited by Cardin Drake

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

UM could lose though because their name Carrie’s weight. TCU not so much. It isn’t fair but Bama and Michigan have bigger fan bases than TCU. Hopefully TCU makes it in at the 3 spot. I don’t think them against Georgia will be any good.

Yeah, I didn't think TCU looked all that great today, TBH. They lost to a 3-loss KSt team. TCU's QB looked tough as nails at the end, but made some bad throws earlier in the game. 

I agree, uga/tOSU and UM/TCU would be better games. 

As I said, IF bama backs into the playoffs, I kinda doubt they'll put them at #4 (even though they don't deserve anything more, or even to be in the thing), because that would mean uga/bama and UM/tOSU. I wouldn't be surprised if they make some argument against SEC/SEC and B1G/B1G in the semis. But who knows? 

Edited by yngwie1995

13 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

So a 12-1 TCU team (5-1 vs top 25) that lost an extra game in OT gets the boot in favor of bama team (3-2 vs top 25) that lost 2 in the regular season wasn't even the best in their division?

I think bama is actually 2-2 vs Top 25 based on playoff rankings today. I only see Texas and MSU ranked from their wins. TCU would be 2-1 as of today. Plus, the team TCU lost to is one they had already beaten before. 

Also, the question the committee needs to ask, if bama had played UGA in the SEC championship, would they have won? Almost certainly they would have 3 losses, they should not get a pass by skipping the game.

Logically I don't see how bama earns that spot based on play on the field this year but money and fanbase tend to be as big a factor so who knows.

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

UM could lose though because their name Carrie’s weight. TCU not so much. It isn’t fair but Bama and Michigan have bigger fan bases than TCU. Hopefully TCU makes it in at the 3 spot. I don’t think them against Georgia will be any good. TCU did themselves no favor by losing. In a good amount of their games this years they had to come from behind to win.

TCU would get steamrolled by this uga squad, hate to say it, but they remind me of these bama teams between '09-'15.

IMO does TCU deserve a shot with 1 L coming from KState in the CCG? Yes they do. But if we've learned anything over the last 8 years it's that relevancy matter in the eyes of the CFP committee. 

Edited by CAReeves2010
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, nurbis said:

I think bama is actually 2-2 vs Top 25 based on playoff rankings today. I only see Texas and MSU ranked from their wins. TCU would be 2-1 as of today. Plus, the team TCU lost to is one they had already beaten before. 

Also, the question the committee needs to ask, if bama had played UGA in the SEC championship, would they have won? Almost certainly they would have 3 losses, they should not get a pass by skipping the game.

Logically I don't see how bama earns that spot based on play on the field this year but money and fanbase tend to be as big a factor so who knows.

As for the Top 25 stats, I was just quoting what CBS was saying during the SECCG tonight. They could be wrong.

And yeah, money (and name/pedigree) talks, unfortunately.

Edited by yngwie1995

Yeah, I didn't think TCU looked all that great today, TBH. They lost to a 3-loss KSt team. TCU's QB looked tough as nails at the end, but made some bad throws earlier in the game. 

I agree, uga/tOSU and UM/TCU would be better games. 

As I said, IF bama backs into the playoffs, I kinda doubt they'll put them at #4 (even though they don't deserve anything more, or even to be in the thing), because that would mean uga/bama and UM/tOSU. I wouldn't be surprised if they make some argument against SEC/SEC and B1G/B1G in the semis. But who knows? 

U are absolutely right. They will somehow justify not having two conference teams playing the first round

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

As for the Top 25 status, I was just quoting what CBS was saying during the SECCG tonight. They could be wrong.

And yeah, money (and name/pedigree) talks, unfortunately.

You are right. I think they count ranked wins based on rankings at the time the game was played. But that means App State is counting a top 10 victory against A&M. Just doesn't make sense to me. I think they should look at rankings as they are today for counting Top 25 wins but I guess that is not the way they do it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nurbis said:

You are right. I think they count ranked wins based on rankings at the time the game was played. But that means App State is counting a top 10 victory against A&M. Just doesn't make sense to me. I think they should look at rankings as they are today for counting Top 25 wins but I guess that is not the way they do it.

Bro, this committee looks at wins the same way most half ass CFB fans look at it. 5 weeks ago Tennessee was the best team in the country until UGA was until Ohio State was until Michigan was.

I may take some flack for this but I'd take an expanded BCS over a flawed CFP committee all day every day

Edited by CAReeves2010

Maybe off topic but Nussmei

7 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

The only question is,,, who is the better team, TCU or Alabama?

When the committee considers BY did not start one of the games Alabama lost,,, they pick Alabama.

Alabama is the better team IMO much as it pains me. TCU has the better resume. I don’t think TCU matches well with any of the other three. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

The only question is,,, who is the better team, TCU or Alabama?

When the committee considers BY did not start one of the games Alabama lost,,, they pick Alabama.

This is nothing against you, but....

I hate the whole "who would beat who" or "who's the best team right now" argument. Seems like an excuse for the committee to put in whoever they want (usually bama). And yeah, they'll probably make the "BY was hurt in that game" excuse. Although, Herbie already said that he thinks TCU should be in it.

(For the record, I think bama would be beat TCU in the playoffs. In a consolation game where bama had gotten slighted and didn't really wanna be there? Maybe not, because it would be TCU's Super Bowl. .... See bama vs Oklahoma and bama vs Utah)

But assume bama lost their first 3 games (because BY was hurt), then won the rest of their games 100-0. They'd arguably be the best team in CFB, but do they deserve the playoffs with 3 losses?

If they use the "who's the best team right now" excuse, then what does the regular season record even matter? Why not just have something like 10 regular season games, and a 16-team or 32-team playoff?

I'm all for an expanded playoff. Sucks when someone like ND slips into one of the limited spots, and gets crushed by bama. 

Edited by yngwie1995