uat has to be out!

AUY2K

36 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Of course they checked all the boxes

6DBB1E5E-0CE5-4342-9D91-E54EB964F542.jpeg

Absolutely insane that USC and Tennessee are out of contention but Alabama isn’t. If Bama gets in it will 100% be rigged. I don’t know if the committee is that dumb but then again it’s the committee. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

At some point the "extra game" vs "sat at home" argument needs to have some weight. 

Give everyone but the Conference Champions an L for the week since they didnt make the game. That way no one benefits from not making the Championship game 

Edited by arein0
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Absolutely insane that USC and Tennessee are out of contention but Alabama isn’t. If Bama gets in it will 100% be rigged. I don’t know if the committee is that dumb but then again it’s the committee. 

UT's out because of Hooker's knee. As objective as I hope the committee to be, they'd lose all credibility letting a Hooker less UT in over bama. Not the same UT without him

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, woodford said:

They’re already hyping it up, saying, “Alabama is who Georgia doesn’t want to face!”

As much as I hate to admit it, Alabama deserves some consideration here.

Alabama lost two games because of two plays.  They were two plays away from an undefeated season, with their best player (QB Bryce Young) out or hobbled for both games.  Yet they never got blown out.

On the other hand, Ohio State, USC, and TCU all got blown out.

Still, I don't think there's any way the committee will put Bama in the playoff.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

Alabama lost two games because of two plays.  They were two plays away from an undefeated season, with their best player (QB Bryce Young) out or hobbled for both games.  Yet they never got blown out.

Still, I don't think there's any way the committee will put Bama in the playoff.

They have no wins against good teams. They should be viewed in the same boat as a G5 champion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

They have no wins against good teams. They should be viewed in the same boat as a G5 champion

You're probably right, as I didn't consider their lack of win over a quality opponent.

TCU got blown out????  Lost in OT in the conference championship game by a field goal?  UAT was also 2 plays away from being 8-4 (Texas & A&M).  There is a bias to get UAT and/or Clemson into the playoffs and with Clemson's loss to USCe...I'm afraid the Taters might make it  🤬  It should be UGA, UM, TCU & tOSU (or USCw at least)....assuming UM wins tonight!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

TCU lost by 3 in overtime for their only loss of the year. Pretty much equal to bama's loss to UT.

They also both played and beat Texas on the road. TCU won by 7 and bama won by 1.

They both have two Top 25 wins as of the rankings today. With one more game played and one less loss, TCU should get that spot but the committee sure loves bama.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nurbis said:

TCU lost by 3 in overtime for their only loss of the year. Pretty much equal to bama's loss to UT.

They also both played and beat Texas on the road. TCU won by 7 and bama won by 1.

They both have two Top 25 wins as of the rankings today. With one more game played and one less loss, TCU should get that spot but the committee sure loves bama.   

Yeah, I got the TCU loss wrong.  Wasn't a blowout.

Maybe I am wearing orange and blue glasses but I don’t think they beat Auburn convincingly. Had one blatant missed call that aided them in a score and had a rather very uncharacteristic fumble by Hunter that lead to a score. He had a lot of green grass in front of him. Otherwise at best they beat Auburn by 14 and Auburn still ran well against them with a basic offense 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, woodford said:

I think if they let bama in the playoffs this year, then there will be a movement to disband the committee when the playoff expands. The new expanded playoff will be similar to the NFL’s and they don’t have a committee, but their team selections are based on statistics and other mathematical formulas that don’t include human opinion. Too much money is pouring in and being spent in this sport now, so schools aren’t going to let personal biases ruin their seasons without questioning the madness. JMO. 

Edited by AUStew87
  • Like 3

Hopefully if TCU makes it they keep the 3 seed. From a fan standpoint I have no interest watching them play Georgia. Total mismatch 

• Like 1

sadly bama is it  unlees the big12 puts a lot of pressure  behind the sences   

its all about $ and ratings  and when u lost   tcu  has littie chance  in a playoff game  with TCU in u are giveing mich a bye  to the final    

tcu wouild been 8-4  in the sec   had usc won   then i think usc  wouild had move up to 3 and ohio st /tcu 4  

by saying no to bama  they wouild  be almost giveing uga the playoff    

i understand the down votes  but if u not a national name like usc notre dame  u have no margin for error 

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Hopefully if TCU makes it they keep the 3 seed. From a fan standpoint I have no interest watching them play Georgia. Total mismatch 

they wouild because  they dont want a rematch  

• Like 1

This season reminds me of 2001--one/two (respectively) teams head and shoulders above the rest, the other half of the available spots a debate between "the best" (Florida, Texas, Tennessee) and "most deserving" (Colorado, Oregon, Nebraska).

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Book it:

1 Georgia

2 Michigan

3. TCU

4. Ohio State

Yeah, Bama would be favored if they played TCU. But that doesn't matter.  They would need a compelling reason to elevate a 2 loss team over a 1 loss team, and there isn't one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Book it:

1 Georgia

2 Michigan

3. TCU

4. Ohio State

Yeah, Bama would be favored if they played TCU. But that doesn't matter.  They would need a compelling reason to elevate a 2 loss team over a 1 loss team, and there isn't one.

Yeah. To continue my '01 metaphor above, Florida that year would've been favored over anyone not named Miami. They would not have deserved a spot in the four-team playoff. Why the hell do we even play the games if UAT gets in...

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Who blew out TCU?

I can’t believe that people are on here talking about Alabama deserving to be in the playoff.   The complete hypocrisy in all this is Alabama ranked ahead of Tennessee.   I don’t care that their quarterback got hurt or not.    I guess wins don’t matter to some on here and to the idiots making the selections.   Complete nonsense and really a joke if everything is looked at objectively.   

• Like 1