Tanks last game?

NoALtiger

Personally, I think he is gone. They could use some of the NIL money to try and convince him to stay, but I think they spend it elsewhere rebuilding the lines. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Gone. Nothing to think about. Go get your millions, Tank. 

Here’s the twist. He may stand to make more at Auburn with NIL.

Facts about the runningback position: - shelf life is extremely short - most are done starting (and making starter money) by 30 and out of the league shortly after.

- RB is not a high-value position like it used to be. Not many running backs are taken within the Top 25 these days. Hardly ever. We may never see another draft like Caddy and Ronnie going in top 4 picks.

So let’s look even closer. Tank is rated somewhere in the 5-10 range in terms of best backs available. Where will he land and much will that net him if he comes out in the 2023 draft?

In 2022 not a single RB went in round one. 

The 5th best back went around pick 90 (late 3rd round). So the contract numbers will look like this (reference is  RB Rachaad White, pick 91).

3FFCD891-622A-474B-8630-91A0B8C18A55.thumb.jpeg.97007f838773f7d6b534507a252cbb39.jpeg

Tank is 21. He’s basically got about a decade of football left. He’s got to maximize the money he can make each precious year. 

Can Auburn give him more than 1.6 million for next year? If so, then he probably should stay.

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Here’s the twist. He may stand to make more at Auburn with NIL.

Facts about the runningback position: - shelf life is extremely short - most are done starting (and making starter money) by 30 and out of the league shortly after.

- RB is not a high-value position like it used to be. Not many running backs are taken within the Top 25 these days. Hardly ever. We may never see another draft like Caddy and Ronnie going in top 4 picks.

So let’s look even closer. Tank is rated somewhere in the 5-10 range in terms of best backs available. Where will he land and much will that net him if he comes out in the 2023 draft?

In 2022 not a single RB went in round one. 

The 5th best back went around pick 90 (late 3rd round). So the contract numbers will look like this (reference is  RB Rachaad White, pick 91).

3FFCD891-622A-474B-8630-91A0B8C18A55.thumb.jpeg.97007f838773f7d6b534507a252cbb39.jpeg

Tank is 21. He’s basically got about a decade of football left. He’s got to maximize the money he can make each precious year. 

Can Auburn give him more than 1.6 million for next year? If so, then he probably should stay.

That's an immediate look. A 4 year contract is worth 5+ million. You're crazy to turn that down for a NIL deal worth more than 1.6M. I'm certainly not the smartest, but I think he'd make more in the NFL regardless. 

• Thanks 1

He'd be risking a lot coming back next year. Depending on the HC, portal pickups, and continued improvement from Hunter, Tank could find his name slipping next season. Best cash in while you can.

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

So was this the last time to see Tank in an AU uni?

Think the upcoming Head Coach decision plays a role at all?

Could Bigsby transfer to another SEC school and play his senior year - Ole Miss, for example?

Edited by Systems

1 hour ago, Browning4AU said:

That's an immediate look. A 4 year contract is worth 5+ million. You're crazy to turn that down for a NIL deal worth more than 1.6M. I'm certainly not the smartest, but I think he'd make more in the NFL regardless. 

You aren’t turning down the NFL. You’re delaying it for a year of guaranteed money equivalent to your rookie season. Breaks down like this. 

If Tank leaves early:

23 NFL: 1.6 million
24: 900k
25: 1.1 million
26: 1.4 million
27 and beyond: can’t predict.

Total money earned: 5 million.

If Tank stays: 

23 Auburn: 1.6 million
24 NFL: 1.6 million
25: 900k
26: 1.1 million
27: 1.4 million
28 and beyond: can’t predict. 

Total money earned: 6.6 million.

The only difference is if Tank bets on himself getting a huge second contract - then it’d be best to go now while he’s a year younger. The thing is a second contract is not guaranteed. LOTS of these guys only ever get their rookie deals. Especially guys like running backs.

Look at Kerryon. He went 2nd round, did decent, and still didn’t make it past year 3. To put it simply - Kerryon had three years as a professional football player. Each year is crucial, fragile, and not guaranteed. If Tank projects for a similar career, then he should absolutely stay at Auburn and cash in (1 more NIL year plus 3 years in NFL, instead of just 3 years in NFL).

Guest MustardSeed
5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You aren’t turning down the NFL. You’re delaying it for a year of guaranteed money equivalent to your rookie season. Breaks down like this. 

If Tank leaves early:

23 NFL: 1.6 million
24: 900k
25: 1.1 million
26: 1.4 million
27 and beyond: can’t predict.

Total money earned: 5 million.

If Tank stays: 

23 Auburn: 1.6 million
24 NFL: 1.6 million
25: 900k
26: 1.1 million
27: 1.4 million
28 and beyond: can’t predict. 

Total money earned: 6.6 million.

The only difference is if Tank bets on himself getting a huge second contract - then it’d be best to go now while he’s a year younger. The thing is a second contract is not guaranteed. LOTS of these guys only ever get their rookie deals. Especially guys like running backs.

Look at Kerryon. He went 2nd round, did decent, and still didn’t make it past year 3. To put it simply - Kerryon had three years as a professional football player. Each year is crucial, fragile, and not guaranteed. If Tank projects for a similar career, then he should absolutely stay at Auburn and cash in (1 more NIL year plus 3 years in NFL, instead of just 3 years in NFL).

There’s one huge difference. Staying he’d be taking whatever he gets on NIL but risking more than that in the NFL. One bad injury and he’s done and never even gets to the NFL

Going he’d likely make more money in 2 years than the highest he’d make staying…he’d have a chance to prove himself in the NFL and potentially land a huge contract…

One bad injury in the NFL after he’s proven a commodity does far less damage to his future prospects than getting a bad one in college and never being seen as worth the chance in the NFL

If I were him I’d probably be gone

He’s gone and I’m OK with that he stuck around this year when he could have hit the portal, played for UGA and upped his draft position a long way.  Plus way Hunter has come on this year we have a solid RB1 going into next year as long as he stays.   

5 hours ago, Systems said:

Could Bigsby transfer to another SEC school and play his senior year - Ole Miss, for example?

At Ole Miss, he'd be splitting time with Judkins, who leads the SEC in yards and TDs.

I think he goes to the NFL anyway. 

Edited by yngwie1995

I’d like to see him play in the bowl game if we get one. But there’s no way he comes back for another season. Forget production. He was playing in a bad offense for most of the year behind a bad OL. He has everything the NFL teams want in a running back. His stock won’t go up significantly if he comes back, and he risks getting injured in his position. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Each year is crucial, fragile, and not guaranteed. 

Which is why he should not stay another year and risk injury. Kerryon may or may not have had a longer career in the NFL if he hadn't have actually gone in injured. Tank needs to go while healthy and avoid risking another year in college just because of the risk of injury alone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Systems said:

Oh that would be brutal. This fanbase is busting apart at the seams as is lol.