Last Time - Deion Sanders

auburnatl1

Maybe the admin are beginning to listen. For fans that are passionate about Sanders and believe he’s a generationally elite hire, there still is time for AU to make a play for him and stop this ridiculous nonsense.   The rumors are he would take it. 

So given where we are, Deion Sanders - yes or no? We’re out of time.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 8
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The admin are now listening (and watching). If fans are passionate about him and believe he’s a generationally elite hire, it’s time to just go friggin get him and stop this ridiculous nonsense.   The rumors are he would take it. 

Deion Sanders - yes or no? We’re out of time.

This is such a ridiculous notion.  We do not even know who the candidates are but someone leaked that the decision makers said they are listening to the crowd.

No on Deon.   Brings nothing but his name that our biggest rivals don't already do and better.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 3

12 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Yes ! But I think Colorado already has him ? That’s why I’m being hard on the man at Auburn Cohen that missed out on him . 

That is perfect.  Lets see how he does at Colorado over the next 4 years.  If they start competing for conference titles  we can go get him.  Let Colorado be the guinea pig.

20 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

That is perfect.  Lets see how he does at Colorado over the next 4 years.  If they start competing for conference titles  we can go get him.  Let Colorado be the guinea pig.

They tried that with Smart in 2012 . That didn’t work out for Auburn. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Colorado is no uga.   It gets pretty cold pretty early up there.   Honestly, without my ties and emotional connection to Auburn, I probably wouldn't leave uga for Auburn.   Without the emotion involved, it is a lateral move. 

The first stage people go through is usually denial. Go ahead and get into that anger stage, so you can then get depressed and then finally “except” that it’s not going to be Prime!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, eagle12 said:

No they didn’t.  There has never been an effort to hire Kirby post 2012.  He would never leave his alma mater anyway. 

Edited by gctiger
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, gctiger said:

No they didn’t.  There has never been an effort to hire Kirby post 2012.  He would never leave his alma mater anyway. 

Yes they passed on him ! He was an assistant at Alabama defensive cord . We interviewed him and passed. Ended up with Malzahn then Georgia hired him a couple years later. What I’m talking about is not waiting until Deion lands a job then when he gets well established like Kirby . both we could have had at one time. 

Edited by eagle12

1 hour ago, eagle12 said:

Yes they passed on him ! He was an assistant at Alabama defensive cord . We interviewed him and passed. Ended up with Malzahn then Georgia hired him a couple years later. What I’m talking about is not waiting until Deion lands a job then when he gets well established like Kirby . both we could have had at one time. 

Did you even bother to read my post?  I clearly stated “post 2012”.  My point is that Auburn never made a run at Kirby after he landed at UGA.  We can do much better than Deion.

Edited by gctiger

3 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Did you even bother to read my post?  I clearly stated “post 2012”.  My point is that Auburn never made a run at Kirby after he landed at UGA.  We can do much better than Deion.

Yes I know they didn’t after He was hired by Georgia. Too late then! He beat Auburn his first year and the rest is history. What I’m talking about is it’s the same thing again with Deion and they are passing. So who is left that can recruit like Deion? 

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Maybe the admin are beginning to listen. For fans that are passionate about Sanders and believe he’s a generationally elite hire, there still is time for AU to make a play for him and stop this ridiculous nonsense.   The rumors are he would take it. 

So given where we are, Deion Sanders - yes or no? We’re out of time.

3496d8fde3d88c9e07c6c19961122ce2.gif