Last Time - Deion Sanders

auburnatl1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I thought your closing case was in another thread you already created on the same subject…

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Did you even bother to read my post?  I clearly stated “post 2012”.  My point is that Auburn never made a run at Kirby after he landed at UGA.  We can do much better than Deion.

Who?

FYI, Do not shoot the messenger but "apparently compliance with prime is an issue due to his prime prep academy." I love rumors, though. 

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

FYI, Do not shoot the messenger but "apparently compliance with prime is an issue due to his prime prep academy." I love rumors, though. 

I did see an article on it. Though legally resolved and almost a decade removed, it did imply some ADs were spooked. 

What part of NO do some of us not understand? How many times do some of us need to hear NO? Sanders is NOT a candidate for the Auburn job. He's not even remotely qualified. He has never been considered by anyone who matters at Auburn and that is exactly proper.

I don't know why mods don't lock this thread. Anyone who still wants to whine about Sanders can go do it in one of the other "final threads".

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What part of NO do some of us not understand? How many times do some of us need to hear NO? Sanders is NOT a candidate for the Auburn job. He's not even remotely qualified. He has never been considered by anyone who matters at Auburn and that is exactly proper.

I don't know why mods don't lock this thread. Anyone who still wants to whine about Sanders can go do it in one of the other "final threads".

Dear Lord please sweet baby Jesus let it be Prime. This post will live in infamy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Dear Lord please sweet baby Jesus let it be Prime. This post will live in infamy.

When the decision makers have a considerable list and Sanders isn't on it and was never considered for it, I'm not worried about this post living in infamy.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

When the decision makers have a considerable list and Sanders isn't on it and was never considered for it, I'm not worried about this post living in infamy.

Good to know you're in Cohen's loop. Thanks for the breaking news on Kiffin yesterday morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eagle12 said:

Yes I know they didn’t after He was hired by Georgia. Too late then! He beat Auburn his first year and the rest is history. What I’m talking about is it’s the same thing again with Deion and they are passing. So who is left that can recruit like Deion? 

Someone sell me on Deon.    What has he done that is so impressive in recruiting at JSU other than bringing in a single #1 recruit?   

2022: (including  the number one recruit )     overall rank:    75    composite rank: 122

2021:    overall rank: 62   composite rank: 58

If people are going to compare W/L  records without taking into account the differences in JSU and an SEC school , we need to do the same with recruiting.   Looks like an "OK" recruiter to me,  nothing super special.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Someone sell me on Deon.    What has he done that is so impressive in recruiting at JSU other than bringing in a single #1 recruit?   

2022: (including  the number one recruit )     overall rank:    75    composite rank: 122

2021:    overall rank: 62   composite rank: 58

If people are going to compare W/L  records without taking into account the differences in JSU and an SEC school , we need to do the same with recruiting.   Looks like an "OK" recruiter to me,  nothing super special.

Well, the school is in Jackson, MS and one of the lower SWAC teams.....sooooo....  The fact that they are in the top 100, is amazing!

3 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Well, the school is in Jackson, MS and one of the lower SWAC teams.....sooooo....  The fact that they are in the top 100, is amazing!

But if JSU is such a lowly school and in such a lowly conference shouldn't we  take competition into account when looking at his W/L record also?   Much stronger competition in the SEC.

I really want to want Deon.    He just seems like mostly  hype to me.  Better than average,  but not great.    The risk seems higher than the reward.  Someone talk me into Deon.

Lol. I don't even know why we allow him to be mentioned! I really really like him and want him but I follow every thread about him to say no........but I really want him though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. I don't even know why we allow him to be mentioned! I really really like him and want him but I follow every thread about him to say no........but I really want him though!

Sounds weird when you put it like that,    but I want in on the hype.  I do not know enough about him other than... He is a great recruiter,  and he has  done well at a small mid level school.  It is not that I want him,  I want to see what is behind the hype.   I feel like the odd man out.  My opinion on Deon can be swayed.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
missed my period

If you convinced yourself on a reason to hope for anybody else the same can be done for Sanders. It's just funny when it comes to Sanders there's a need to not even want anything good said. 

I don't see all the kiffen hype....I asked a couple of football questions and people got pissed super fast. I can just imagine if I would've went on and on about him seemingly to be a sleaze.....and then on top of it in every thread about him I was trying to get it locked.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you convinced yourself on a reason to hope for anybody else the same can be done for Sanders. It's just funny when it comes to Sanders there's a need to not even want anything good said. 

I don't see all the kiffen hype....I asked a couple of football questions and people got pissed super fast. I can just imagine if I would've went on and on about him seemingly to be a sleaze.....and then on top of it in every thread about him I was trying to get it locked.

I think this is a reply to me ^^^   

I understand where you are coming from.   I like the coaches that I know about or have personally witnessed good coaching from them.   I am not really "hoping" for anyone.  I liked Kiffin because I have seen improvements in his teams personally.  BUT, I am good with Kiffin coming or staying at UM.    I am sincerely trying to be more open minded about some of other rumored candidates that I know little about.

33 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Sounds weird when you put it like that,    but I want in on the hype.  I do not know enough about him other than... He is a great recruiter,  and he has  done well at a small mid level school.  It is not that I want him,  I want to see what is behind the hype.   I feel like the odd man out.  My opinion on Deon can be swayed.

Sure. The beat writers said that several five stars would flip to Auburn if Dieon were the coach. 

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

In my opinion Kiffin is Gus 2.0.......Kiffin doesn't seem to even show up for some games.

17 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Sure. The beat writers said that several five stars would flip to Auburn if Dieon were the coach. 

I think Dieon could be great. Maybe as good as Sug Jerdan or Dat Pye.

Certainly better than Gus Mustard, he had to rely on heisman winner Fig Newton to win.

7 minutes ago, SeattleTiger86 said:

Yes, it seems we’re going to miss on Coach Prime too.

My post from last night that the mods pulled . Was basically the new athletic director letting all this happen. And I figured Cohen needed to be held accountable for letting all the coaches slip away. 

Edited by eagle12
  • Facepalm 1