David Shaw - Stanford

aubietiger14

i doubt it but anything can happen. i like tulanes coach. he is 61 but he is like six or seven in all time wins in college football. he has been a winner everywhere he has been.

37 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

I saw this morning where David Shaw stepped down at Stanford.  Would Auburn ever consider him?

https://gostanford.com/news/2022/11/27/david-shaw-steps-down-as-stanford-head-football-coach.aspx

He’s spent almost his entire career on the west coast, and had no SEC experience. He also runs a now way outdated offense. Hard pass.

• Like 4

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i doubt it but anything can happen. i like tulanes coach. he is 61 but he is like six or seven in all time wins in college football. he has been a winner everywhere he has been.

I looked him up yesterday. Outside of this year Tulane has been horrible under him. I was hoping to find a solid coach there but I was disappointed when I looked him up

39 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I looked him up yesterday. Outside of this year Tulane has been horrible under him. I was hoping to find a solid coach there but I was disappointed when I looked him up

You are sort of correct.  He had to rebuild Tulane (hard to do where the best go elsewhere.  He is #43 on the list of 173 for active coaches winningest active coaches.  There are many more on that list that would work out better for us. 

Guest MustardSeed
15 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

You are sort of correct.  He had to rebuild Tulane (hard to do where the best go elsewhere.  He is #43 on the list of 173 for active coaches winningest active coaches.  There are many more on that list that would work out better for us. 

He’s been a HC since ‘97…has never been hired anywhere higher than Tulane in 25 years and won 2 games last year in his 6th season at Tulane. He could actually be a step down from Harsin if that’s possible. 

His family loves California. Didn't you guys whine because the last coach's family did not "fit" into or embrace Auburn Culture? He is not leaving Pal Alto to come to Auburn, Alabama

Edited by DAG

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

His family loves California. Didn't you guys whine because the last coach's family did not "fit" into or embrace Auburn Culture? He is not leaving Pal Alto to come to Auburn, Alabama

Well, rumor is the "mystery" candidate is another west coast coach. Unless it's Charles Kelly and someone got it confused with Chip.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well, rumor is the "mystery" candidate is another west coast coach. Unless it's Charles Kelly and someone got it confused with Chip.

People haver no clue. They are just throwing names around. Would not surprise me one bit if we ended up with caddy

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

If this search does go on into the week, the only hope we can have is it's an NFL coach or a coach that's playing a conference championship game and playoffs. 

There were some Auburn people on Reddit 2 weeks ago throwing around Kliff Kingsbury's name. They said he is getting fired from the Arizona Cardinals and to watch for his name to surface late. That's VERY JABA if it were to happen. He was terrible at Texas Tech and parlayed that into a damn NFL head coaching gig where he has underperformed. I doubt that happens though.

Isn't USC and Oregon playing for the PAC 12 title saturday? Maybe it's Dan Lanning and he wants to coach that game before coming here. I saw that Kenny Dillingham is either talking to Arizona State for the HC gig or he is taking that job. Who knows. We still might be in for a huge shocker like LSU was with Brian Kelly. 

Pac-12 is USC vs Utah

6 hours ago, aubietiger14 said:

I saw this morning where David Shaw stepped down at Stanford.  Would Auburn ever consider him?

https://gostanford.com/news/2022/11/27/david-shaw-steps-down-as-stanford-head-football-coach.aspx

2011) 11-2 Division winner

2012) 12-2 Pac 12 Champ, Rose Bowl Champ

2013) 11-3 Pac 12 Champ

2014) 8-5

2015) 12-2 Pac 12 Champ, Rose Bowl Champ

2016) 10-3

2017) 9-5 Division Champ

2018) 9-4

2019) 4-8

2020) 4-2

2021) 3-9

2022) 3-9 

Shaw played at Stanford from 91-94 under Dennis Green and Bill Walsh. He coached under Jim Harbaugh at Stanford as the OC. Then he was named HC. He has refused to change his offensive scheme to better fit the current play and it has shown in his terrible record the last few years. He is 3-15 the past 2 years in conference games. He would've been fired awhile ago but he is one of their own so he had a long leash. They allowed him to "step down" rather than fire him. 

• Like 1