Men vs Saint Louis

tgrogan21

SLU miss 3, Green rebound and is fouled.

Just make your FTs and it's over.

9.2 seconds left.

Misses the first. Come on, Green!

Makes the 2nd.

65-60 Auburn

26 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

SLU is always a good team. They're 46 in kenpom and the best team we've faced all season. Not really a wake-up call, just two good teams going at one another.

Well I’m happy, but this team has a lot of work to do. Good win regardless. 

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Thanks to @tgrogan21 as usual. 43 in a row guys, that can’t always be easy lol. 

This is a good win. Saint Louis is a very good team and they always are. This team doesn't quit and win even when we're not playing great. I do think they're starting to realize they can't shoot 20+ 3s every game.

• Like 1

Broome was very close to a triple-double. 11 points, 8 rebounds, 8 blocks.

Flan with 7 points, 10 rebounds.

And Wen just steadily being the best player on the team. 21 points, 4 rebounds

After that game I’ll be rooting for SLU.  Not just for rankings but because they were a likable group and it was a fun game.

also … from you bball peeps.  I asked earlier… have we ever switched off the ball like we did early in the game?  It seemed “pronounced “ to me.  Am I crazy?  We also stopped doing it.

• Like 1

Nice to see the team play better after that stinker against NorthWestern. I really like how Jaylin looks with the ball down low. He has some nice touch and moves down there. Still waiting for Broome to get fully comfortable. Worried about the young guys coming along. Traore and Westry did not play a whole bunch in this one after not seeing much time against NW either. KD and Greene both played really well today. 

59 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Nice to see the team play better after that stinker against NorthWestern. I really like how Jaylin looks with the ball down low. He has some nice touch and moves down there. Still waiting for Broome to get fully comfortable. Worried about the young guys coming along. Traore and Westry did not play a whole bunch in this one after not seeing much time against NW either. KD and Greene both played really well today. 

I’m not sure we really played any better quite frankly. We had the run at the end combined with their uncharacteristic misses free throws. D was pretty good but we are really struggling on O. 

26 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I’m not sure we really played any better quite frankly. We had the run at the end combined with their uncharacteristic misses free throws. D was pretty good but we are really struggling on O. 

Well we scored more than 43 pts so it was an improvement. Definitely not saying we don’t need to improve more. We did catch a break with them missing so many free throws. And an at home game against St Louis should not be that close. But I like the scrappiness of this team. They fight and it’s still early in the season so the offense can get figured out. We have some great competition coming up to find out if it will. I’m happy to be 6-0 right now even if we aren’t playing great on offense. 

4 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I’m happy to be 6-0 right now even if we aren’t playing great on offense. 

Just a small correction, we're 7-0. :P

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Just a small correction, we're 7-0. :P

Even better!

• Like 1