2 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Prospects - no particular order:

1. Deion Sanders 

2. Brian Johnson (Eagles QB Coach)

3. Carnell Williams 

4. Dan Lanning (Oregon)

5. Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Car.)

6. Dave Clawson (WF)

Are these legit options or just who you like? 

• Thanks 1

Here's where I am with all the guesses from the message boards and talking heads:  "Mommy, mommy, I tired of running around in circles". "Shutup or I'll nail the other foot down".  WDE

7 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

1. Deion Sanders 

3. Carnell Williams 

4. Dan Lanning (Oregon)

6. Dave Clawson (WF)

Deion, Lanning, Franklin or BUST 

Legit options.

Johnson is starting to generate a lot of smoke due to his connection with Cohen.   This seems pretty legit and would be a positive hire - not sure about “splash”.  I don’t think there will be a “splash” unless it’s Deion.

Too much friction with fans/alumni with a freeze hire.  Johnson would be a safe positive hire.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Legit options.

Johnson is starting to generate a lot of smoke due to his connection with Cohen.   This seems pretty legit and would be a positive hire - not sure about “splash”.  I don’t think there will be a “splash” unless it’s Deion.

Too much friction with fans/alumni with a freeze hire.  Johnson would be a safe positive hire.

Other than this fan site, where are you seeing or hearing all this smoke?

Deion is the obviously best choice, but I don’t think the boosters want to go that route. He’s too unorthodox from what they like. They want another Pat Dye, but that’s not what we need in this era of Auburn football.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Other than this fan site, where are you seeing or hearing all this smoke?

some cat on the rant was saying the only names heard lately from their insiders i guess {?} is saying brain johnson.here is some info

According to Phillip Marshall of Auburn Undercover, a name that has been trending up in recent days is current Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson:

A new name has gotten some legs in recent days. Brian Johnson, the 35-year-old Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach and a former Florida offensive coordinator, could be somewhere in the mix. He is considered a rising star.

However, Marshall goes on to explain that even if Johnson was willing to leave the NFL immediately for Auburn football, the only way that would be possible is if the Eagles were to allow him to leave, and with a 9-1 record they could potentially not allow it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep current staff.  Save money and invest in the players.  Both Coordinators did as good a job as possible with what they had.  We saw the oline get better, Owen finally emerge, the running game flourish, stingy (for the most part) D backfield, and I'd argue Robby looked a lot better yesterday compared to Miss State.  I think this staff would recruit well with the opportunities and a true united front for the first time since 2014?  I bet you'd see Auburn recruit in the upper half of the SEC on the HS and portal level.  Nothing Caddy has done the past couple weeks has led me to believe he is in over his head in fact I'd say its quite the opposite.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 4

A couple years ago, Mario was practically a done deal, but fell through when they lucked into a PAC 12 championship. Maybe this time we land Lanning now that they’ve lucked out of the P12CG. 

• Like 1

Marcelo himself said he doesn’t know where the Johnson rumors are coming from

hoke said no chance of freeze

marshallsaid Roberts Cohan and mcglynn are the only three that know who the new HC is and no names being dropped 

• Like 2

I just hope they're close, because if this thing drags on into December, we'll be getting nothing but the portal dregs by the time the new staff comes in.

Just now, KnightTiger said:

Marcelo himself said he doesn’t know where the Johnson rumors are coming from

hoke said no chance of freeze

marshallsaid Roberts Cohan and mcglynn are the only three that know who the new HC is and no names being dropped 

I trust Marshall more than others. If he doesn't know for sure, he will tell you he doesn't. Justin Ferguson was on our local sports radio show last week. He said "The only people that know who Auburn's candidates are and who they'll hire is Roberts, Cohen and McGlynn and those 3 haven't given a peep into what they're doing. You'll hear all the common names you hear in searches like Kiffin, Freeze, Deion, etc. but nobody TRULY knows who theyre talking to." 

We all lost our minds 2 years ago when Hoke and others were saying Bill Clark turned us down but that turned out to be BS. Nobody knows anything just like they didn't know when Harsin was hired and when Cohen was hired. They make their living by churning out material day after day. Marshall and Ferguson absolutely have their flaws but I would rather the media be honest and say "I don't know" than to throw BS stories and random coaches names out there everyday just to keep followers. WDE

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AUY2K said:

1. Deion Sanders 

3. Carnell Williams 

4. Dan Lanning (Oregon)

6. Dave Clawson (WF)

2, 5, 4, 3, 1, 6