Round 5.0 Coaching Search:

AUY2K

36 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

That's one thing Harsin said that was correct; "Do you want it done right or do you want it done right now?" 

That is the only thing that arson Harsin said or did correctly before he completely torched Auburn. Worst. Hire. Ever. 
Ever. 
but I digress. We are in the middle of a rebuild, and it is going to take a few years because of arson.

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

According to folks on the 247 paywall it could very well be Friday before we have our new head coach 

Jeff Lee and hoke both said yella fella and harbert are two of the main power brokers lobbying for freeze and if enough of our powerbrokers want him he’s likely the HC even if cohen is uncomfortable with it the  only thing simmering stuff for now is the backlash 

unless cohen goes rogue and hires Johnson or somehow lures in Dabo or Franklin I would say freeze is likely announced 

Which is why I picked Freeze a few hours ago when everyone said he was out of the picture. 
why? 
image.jpeg

• Haha 1

Hoke

murphy and a few others are back believing Freeze will be the next HC after Will herring came out and defended him in a video

Herring attends church with Hugh’s daughter who also lives in Auburn

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 4

Guest MustardSeed
9 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Hoke

murphy and a few others are back believing Freeze will be the next HC after Will herring came out and defended him in a video

Herring attends church with Hugh’s daughter who also lives in Auburn

Should be literally all the proof you should ever need to never give them another penny.  Even if they turn out to be right, they have no more inside info than this board…and I sure didn’t see Kiffin announced today so..

My thinking is that if Freeze were to be the guy it would have been announced today.

I'm hoping that if the Johnson guy is the choice that it will be announced soon. Some or most of the current staff will be retained to recruit and Johnson can then complete his obligation with the Eagles before he heads to Auburn. That's my pipe dream anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

If it’s Johnson I hope we get some amazing recruiting news or portal news very quickly cause there just isn’t enough there to get super excited about otherwise, at least to me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

If it’s Johnson I hope we get some amazing recruiting news or portal news very quickly cause there just isn’t enough there to get super excited about otherwise, at least to me. 

Our current staff is working on recruits. A name, any qualified name, will give them something more to work with. I do think we need to have the next head coach in place before the start of the early signing period and the start of the portal period.

Can someone help me out with this?

I dont understand why everyone is constantly infatuated with Oregon's Head Coach. Here are the last 2 coaches that left for other jobs, both were "Huge gets":

Willie Taggart goes to FSU and turns out to be a bust

Cristobal goes to Miami this year and they have a horrible year ($8M for 5-7). His record as a head coach is 67-67.

Edited by arein0
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

Can someone help me out with this?

I dont understand why everyone is constantly infatuated with Oregon's Head Coach. Here are the last 2 coaches that left for other jobs, both were "Huge gets":

Willie Taggart goes to FSU and turns out to be a bust

Cristobal goes to Miami this year and they have a horrible year ($8M for 5-7). His record as a head coach is 67-67.

I think it is centered around the fact Georgia high school coaches think highly of him. As in they are less likely to stand in the way when a recruit wants to go to Auburn due to the respect they have for Lanning. 

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

My thinking is that if Freeze were to be the guy it would have been announced today.

I'm hoping that if the Johnson guy is the choice that it will be announced soon. Some or most of the current staff will be retained to recruit and Johnson can then complete his obligation with the Eagles before he heads to Auburn. That's my pipe dream anyway.

Sounds like your pipe dreams would be nightmares for some of us.  If the only options were Freeze and Johnson, then I could get on board.

6 hours ago, AURealist said:

Well, if the people with the power and the $$$ want Freeze, it'll probably happen.  Might as well let them get it out of their systems.  I certainly can't stop them, but I will have a much lower opinion of them.  I'm sure they'll be torn up about that.  😄

It would be the stupidest hire that Auburn has made in my lifetime. It's amazing that men with so much intelligence in some particular areas completely lack any sense whatsoever in others. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

It would be the stupidest hire that Auburn has made in my lifetime. It's amazing that men with so much intelligence in some particular areas completely lack any sense whatsoever in others. 

Seems pretty common to me.  Being very successful in one area leads people to follow their hunches in areas they know nothing about.  A form of confirmation bias, I think.  Plus, some people just have to learn their lessons the hard way. 

I wonder if not getting their way on the last hire means they'll push for Ho Ho Hugh no matter what.  Based on rumors, of course.  I really have no idea what thoughts are banging around in the minds of the wealthy and powerful movers and shakers.     

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cptau said:

At this point just give Cadillac the job with a 2 year contract.  If it works, extend his contract and give him raises. If it doesn’t, he’ll leave the team stocked with talent.  Not like the last 2 coaches. 

I'm not sure that's our best option, but it is a viable option.  We need somebody in place fast, or we can flush another recruiting/portal season.  We just can't afford that.

Guest MustardSeed
45 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I'm not sure that's our best option, but it is a viable option.  We need somebody in place fast, or we can flush another recruiting/portal season.  We just can't afford that.

Caddy would be a 600’ grand slam in the World Series game 7 compared to HF

Edited by MustardSeed

Caddy actually has some staff showing improvements. Our play calling hasn’t been terrible the last 4 games. Idk what player development would look like but he would potentially only need to replace those who left if the remaining wanted to stay. If friend moved to OC since I guess he’s the play caller then we could hire a decent OL coach. 

Highly unlikely but possible.

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

How close have you watch Oregon this year? 

I see where you're going but I'm not really basing that opinion on his results in a first year at Oregon, would have been a good hire even straight out of being Kirby's DC for a couple years along with his recruiting skills. A year of HC experience only helps that. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Caddy actually has some staff showing improvements. Our play calling hasn’t been terrible the last 4 games. Idk what player development would look like but he would potentially only need to replace those who left if the remaining wanted to stay. If friend moved to OC since I guess he’s the play caller then we could hire a decent OL coach. 

Highly unlikely but possible.

This woukd be the worst thing possible IMO.

Forgive my pessimism, but this is about the 10th time I’ve experienced internet pandemonium surrounding the hiring of an Auburn HC or coordinator, and I can count on one finger all the times it’s been a splash hire and not a letdown (Muschamp). I hope this time is different, but historical trends suggest our power brokers will give us another pitiful attempt at resurrecting Pat Dye, only to have us going through internet pandemonium again in a few years.

2 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

How would you guys feel about Dan Mullen?

The fanbase would lose their minds because of the Cam Newton stuff.