Everybody Make Your Predictions

Bro Johnny Mac

16 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I hate liking this, but it’s the damn truth. The only thing holding AU back is the worms behind the scenes. This whole search has been horse s***. AU is the problem with AU. The new AD is a dumbass like the others. New facility, new NIL, passionate fans, AU has made this job unattractive. 

See previous comments. We don't seem to have a problem with basketball, baseball, gymnastics, etc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

See previous comments. We don't seem to have a problem with basketball, baseball, gymnastics, etc.

Because with those other sports, we just hire the coach and get out of the way

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I know right . What the heck man?? Nationally competitive in everything minus football which has the best of everything 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I know right . What the heck man?? Nationally competitive in everything minus football which has the best of everything 

I've offered my hypothesis. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by AUwent

This is all making me very sick at my stomach.

We had the most attractive head coaching job open this year, by far.  And it seems we can't get a "splash hire" coach interested.

• Facepalm 2

11 minutes ago, Butthead said:

If I am the AD I am offering Sean Payton 20 million a year. 

He's too old.  And he doesn't have Drew Brees at AU.

• Facepalm 1

This is the truth: at the end of the day I will support any coach we hire except Dan Mullen. We hire him, I’m done. 
Obviously I think too highly of our program at the moment because I see LK and HF and think “is this the best we can do”? 
I just see this job for what it was and what it can be with the right coach. 

6 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

We all really have no clue as to who Cohen is looking at... So this should be some fun ..
Don’t feel the need to make arguments for or against candidates.. 

Plenty of threads for that 

Who will be our next HC?

my guess...

Jeff Grimes 

If it is not Freeze, it will not be a Sexton client unless it is a coordinator. It will not be a head coach like you are saying. Sexton is not going to allow it. 

• Like 1

Gary Patterson, 2009 AP Coach of the Year award winner, currently the special assistant to the head coach at Texas, former HC and DC at TCU. No one's really talking about Patterson to Auburn but we know that Texas & Oklahoma are leaving the Big12, coming into the SEC in a couple years so it makes strategic common sense - to me. 

Gary Patterson

I don't have a prediction. My personal choices are either Brian Johnson or Jeff Grimes. Both have all the qualifications to be outstanding head coaches.

I think some of us are more concerned with with winning the press conference than they are with the future of Auburn football. Hopefully Cohen, a professional AD, is putting the future of the program over any splash the press conference might generate.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

This is the truth: at the end of the day I will support any coach we hire except Dan Mullen. We hire him, I’m done. 
Obviously I think too highly of our program at the moment because I see LK and HF and think “is this the best we can do”? 
I just see this job for what it was and what it can be with the right coach. 

Honestly man, I'm heavily leaning this way but instead of my absolute no being Mullen, it's Freeze for me. I just don't feel comfortable supporting the guy. the reasons have been discussed ad nauseam on here and that's just how i feel. if the admin at Auburn are so inept that they can't get someone better than him than it's time for me to a) find another school with competent admin/coaches to pull for (and no it won't be bama, will never pull for them). or b) just walk away from college sports period and find something better to spend my time on. i'm just to the point that i'm tired of pulling for an organization that continually sets itself up for failure. I do enjoy CBB and Pearl has done a fantastic job, but it's also not my primary preferred sport, football is and Auburn just can't seem to learn from it's past mistakes. I'll be sticking around long enough to see who's named coach and then make the decision on what i want to do.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think some of us are more concerned with with winning the press conference than they are with the future of Auburn football.

When have we ever "won the press conference"? Maybe when Harsin first came in? 

The problem with Hugh Freeze isn't about "winning the press conference". 

It's being publicly rejected in favor of Ole Miss. It's then hiring the guy that got Ole Miss on probation, that literally no major program has looked to hire in the 6 years he's been gone, that has a lower winning percentage and less impressive record in the SEC than Gus Malzahn (who no one wants back), that is radioactive in every sense PR-wise, that is going to split the fanbase the second he walks in, that will be the most easy coach in America to negatively recruit against, it's taking this long to hire a coach we could have had the second Harsin was given his walking papers, it's the perception that Jimmy Rane does in fact run the athletic department as far as football is concerned, it's the perception that Auburn is not - despite vocally declaring otherwise - committed to excellence, but only to making our good ol' boy boosters happy. 

It's a disaster and with the roster we'll have in 2023, we're going to be having this same bad episode starting 2024. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

If it is, I wonder what the hold up is? Seems like they would've announced it today.

Still coordinating riot police, first responders, and the National Guard

6 minutes ago, SECTigerGal said:

My guess would be Lanning. I would be on board if that is the hire. 

I definitely agree. I don’t think he has been at Oregon long enough for him to want to leave though. Would be an outstanding hire though IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

The problem with Hugh Freeze isn't about "winning the press conference". 

It's being publicly rejected in favor of Ole Miss. It's then hiring the guy that got Ole Miss on probation

It wasn't Freeze who got Ole Miss on probation, it was Houston Nutt. If you don't want Freeze, that's fine but get your facts straight.

I'm ok with Freeze but I think either one of the coordinators I mentioned above give AU a better chance of reaching excellence .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't have a prediction. My personal choices are either Brian Johnson or Jeff Grimes. Both have all the qualifications to be outstanding head coaches.

I think some of us are more concerned with with winning the press conference than they are with the future of Auburn football. Hopefully Cohen, a professional AD, is putting the future of the program over any splash the press conference might generate.

What happened to Grimes? Seems he was a big favorite before the search began and I’ve barely heard his name since? Seemed like a solid possibility.🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It wasn't Freeze who got Ole Miss on probation, it was Houston Nutt.

Freeze was cited in the NCAA ruling as well as Nutt.