This is getting old...

VegasEagle

Harsin was fired over four weeks ago. To add to that fact, it was not a surprise that he was getting fired and this year was a big portal grab.  So, we have had more than several weeks to get our ducks in a row, yet we are getting skull dragged by other schools. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Okay take it for what it’s worth  this info comes from 247

its down to four guys no offer has been made to any of them yet as Roberts has to sign off/approve any offer but our final four are 

1. Hugh Freeze - despite the backlash he still has a chance to be a HC if enough of our deep pockets really want him 

2. Brian Johnson - he would likely leave NFL immediately if offered the job 

3. James Franklin - cohen has been having ongoing talks with Franklins camp even as late as last night

4. Dabo Swinney- one hurdle regarding him is he has a game next week and cohen reportedly doesn’t want to wait on a yes or no answer

IF that info is true it sounds like our next head coach will be Hugh Freeze or Brian Johnson if that’s the case expect an announcement no later than Thursday perhaps? 

• Sad 1

James Franklin wouldn't come

Dabo wouldn't come

Brian Johnson would be an embarsssment

And none of this matters cause anytime someone thinks they know something that don't know crap. (Speaking of 247 sports not your posting)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

James Franklin wouldn't come

Dabo wouldn't come

Brian Johnson would be an embarsssment

And none of this matters cause anytime someone thinks they know something that don't know crap. (Speaking of 247 sports not your posting)

It was first posted on the auburn section of tigerdroppings

the poster that posted it claim they got the info from 247 so I’m just rehashing what I saw on secrant 

haven’t visited 247 since Harsin was first hired I rarely visit secrant anymore 

both of those sites have rumors that almost never come true 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Tell me why. 

Muh P5 coaching experience

(Don't get me wrong, I would rather have Swinney and Franklin, I just have zero confidence either would come--didn't they just sign gargantuan contracts? Wish we were going after Prime or Elko, but I think Johnson is a decent hire given what I believe to be our circumstances.)

Edited by AUwent

Yes I agree, the constant bickering and complaining is in fact getting old. I realize that we're frustrated because things have not happened how WE thought they should have.... but I have a feeling that we will be singing a different tune in about a week. 

4 minutes ago, Taker said:

I have a feeling that we will be singing a different tune in about a week. 

Well, the portal opens on December 5. We better have someone with a plan hired by then.

11 minutes ago, Taker said:

Yes I agree, the constant bickering and complaining is in fact getting old. I realize that we're frustrated because things have not happened how WE thought they should have.... but I have a feeling that we will be singing a different tune in about a week. 

just out of curiosity, what in our track records indicate that we will hire a top coach?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well, the portal opens on December 5. We better have someone with a plan hired by then.

I understand why you feel the need to say that. Like I said it is a very vulnerable feeling when you are in the dark and your expectations haven't been met.... Just remember we are Auburn and the new age starts with you! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

IF that info is true it sounds like our next head coach will be Hugh Freeze or Brian Johnson if that’s the case expect an announcement no later than Thursday perhaps? 

Well, that will be too late.  The Portal is open on the 5th.

If it is Thursday, then this is a pathetic fail

Edited by 1716AU

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Muh P5 coaching experience

(Don't get me wrong, I would rather have Swinney and Franklin, I just have zero confidence either would come--didn't they just sign gargantuan contracts? Wish we were going after Prime or Elko, but I think Johnson is a decent hire given what I believe to be our circumstances.)

He’s been a QB coach and or OC for several years at Utah, MSU, and UF in the P5 and 1 year at Houston, plus his NFL gig. I’m curious why you think he falls short in P5 experience but Deion is okay with 3 years total at an FCS program. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shabby said:

just out of curiosity, what in our track records indicate that we will hire a top coach?

If we are going off of track record then we are sadly miss-informed. 

Something that we have never had at Auburn is taking place right now. 

Leath isn't the prez any longer, we have Robert's who has hired a proven (I know people will have negatives) AD with a history (atleast 1) big hires

In Cohens intro presser he detailed that he wasn't going to be rushed, hasty, or lax about this hire. All the information that most here have is what is being spewed which has proven to be nothing more than message board fodder... 

Therefore I choose to believe that Cohen isn't a liar or a moron and isn't going to be "strong armed " into a rash decision. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Okay take it for what it’s worth  this info comes from 247

its down to four guys no offer has been made to any of them yet as Roberts has to sign off/approve any offer but our final four are 

1. Hugh Freeze - despite the backlash he still has a chance to be a HC if enough of our deep pockets really want him 

2. Brian Johnson - he would likely leave NFL immediately if offered the job 

3. James Franklin - cohen has been having ongoing talks with Franklins camp even as late as last night

4. Dabo Swinney- one hurdle regarding him is he has a game next week and cohen reportedly doesn’t want to wait on a yes or no answer

If that's the four finalists then reverse the order and maybe we'll have something. 

3 minutes ago, Taker said:

I understand why you feel the need to say that. Like I said it is a very vulnerable feeling when you are in the dark and your expectations haven't been met.... Just remember we are Auburn and the new age starts with you! 

Yeah, well, it's possible we are announcing Dabo or some other HR hire tomorrow. But it's more likely that it's exactly what it looks like.  We believed Kiffen's bs and glossed over all the warts on Freeze, and now we are scrambling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

He’s been a QB coach and or OC for several years at Utah, MSU, and UF in the P5 and 1 year at Houston, plus his NFL gig. I’m curious why you think he falls short in P5 experience but Deion is okay with 3 years total at an FCS program. 

I'm making fun of people like this.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yeah, well, it's possible we are announcing Dabo or some other HR hire tomorrow. But it's more likely that it's exactly what it looks like.  We believed Kiffen's bs and glossed over all the warts on Freeze, and now we are scrambling.

When you say "WE" you mean the fans right?? Because I haven't seen a shred of credible information being reported as coming from the mouth of anyone that knows. 

1 hour ago, VegasEagle said:

Harsin was fired over four weeks ago. To add to that fact, it was not a surprise that he was getting fired and this year was a big portal grab.  So, we have had more than several weeks to get our ducks in a row, yet we are getting skull dragged by other schools. 

Agree!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Taker said:

When you say "WE" you mean the fans right?? Because I haven't seen a shred of credible information being reported as coming from the mouth of anyone that knows. 

Convince me we and by we I mean Auburn planned to sit on the sidelines today while everyone else announced a coach.  I'm giving Cohen credit. I don't think that was the plan, cuz it's a bad plan.