Those who still support Auburn

DAG

Just now, e808 said:

Ok away from the negative threads and straight ahead to this program moving in the right direction. Might be a little bumpy but that’s ok

Oh for sure. This always happens in cycles. Next 48 hours will be a lot of heckling on social media of course, then football things will occur again and things will quiet until the start of the first game, then it will pick back up.

I'm hoping for the best. I feel like we will miss the mark on our school seeming like a fun place to come, but maybe not. I do know winning will fix a bunch of things so hopefully we can get to that

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, LetsGoBigBlueLetsGo said:

I believe in Auburn and love it.

Self proclaimed "do gooders" are scary, and everyone should watch out for that type of person in life.

Win football games. 

I don’t think it’s accurate that those that opposed Freeze are all do-gooders. Im certainly not. I’m more stuck on that we didn’t go big and settled again, taking a coach even usf passed on. And in Atlanta, total uga relief on freeze (there was worry about a few candidates). 

That whining being said, I’ll deal with it and learn to accept auburn is auburn. By portal day, I’m sure I’ll be in.

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I don’t think it’s accurate that those that opposed Freeze are all do-gooders. Im certainly not. I’m more stuck on that we didn’t go big and settled again, taking a coach even usf passed on. And in Atlanta, total uga relief on freeze (there was worry about a few candidates). 

That whining being said, I’ll deal with it and learn to accept auburn is auburn. By portal day, I’m sure I’ll be in.

That's actually an opinion I will listen to and respect. The ones standing on moral high ground I don't.

I'm not too naive to see that optics from our last 2 HC dismissals hurt our chances with a "splash" hire.

Malzahn had to go, but from the outside it looked like we fired a good man who never had a losing season because he couldn't win championships. Harsin was a terrible fit, awful recruiter and from all accounts a douchebag, but from the outside he was a winning coach who the boosters hated and was never given a chance. Because of this our options were severely limited.

Freeze is a good coach/excellent fit. He's got some baggage, but at the end of the day I will support him because I support Auburn University and the athletes associated with Auburn University. I don't understand why that's such a hard concept. Hate Freeze all you want, but support the University and players.

Welcome Coach Freeze!

War Damn Eagle

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

That’s a class thing to do.

Just a guy sticking up for a friend 

We will see a lot more of this come out as well.

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

Since the money men are back making all the decisions, I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring back Kevin Steele. 

Hmmm let's hope not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Since the money men are back making all the decisions, I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring back Kevin Steele. 

I'm glad u know how this works at AU..Many on here dont.. gotta follow the $

Edited by NWALA Tiger

44 minutes ago, LetsGoBigBlueLetsGo said:

That's actually an opinion I will listen to and respect. The ones standing on moral high ground I don't.

I understand that. My issue is that those are good fans, they exist, there’s a zillion of them, freeze always made them insane, the admin knew it, and basically told them that they don’t give a damn. Accept or move on.  All for a coach imo who on paper just isn’t worth that sacrifice. 

Anyway, again, we’ll get through it.  Maybe freeze kissing babies, some feel good stories, or just beating ole miss will help start fix this. That must be a major priority. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I understand that. My issue is that those fans exist, there’s a zillion of them, freeze always made them insane. the admin knew it, and basically told them that they don’t given a damn. Accept or move on.  All for a coach imo who on paper just isn’t worth that sacrifice. 

Anyway, again, we’ll get through it.  Maybe freeze kissing babies, some feel good stories, or just beating ole miss will help start fix this.

Beating teams will fix it all I’d imagine. 

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Sign off in here

Want to get your thoughts on who you think Freeze will assemble on his staff.

For sure Caddy. I would like Arnett from MSU if possible as d/c. Who else are we thinking?

The most important hire is OL coach. The 2nd most important is DC. 

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

The most important hire is OL coach. The 2nd most important is DC. 

I agree. Surely there is more prominent OL coaches than Luke...