Not backtracking now...

TitanTiger

well said titan. i could never quit on auburn. and auburn is bigger than any coach. and people that claim to be christian need to give him a chance. he knows this is probably his last shot for big boy ball so i bet you behaves. i just hope he keeps a couple of guys. if he keeps caddy he could garner some good will. if he fails he fails but we stood up and gave him a chance to redeem himself and any failure will be on him.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Freeze was on my list of candidates I was ok with from the beginning of this process, with reservations of course.  And I'll be listening intently to the additional background checking we did over the last few days as well as what Freeze himself says.  But I plan on supporting Auburn.  The players deserve it even if you don't think the coach does.

I was on the verge of stepping away if he was hired, but after sleeping on it and talking to several family members who are all die hard Auburn fans as well, I'm going to take a wait and see approach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CentralFLtiger said:

I like this approach. Cautious optimism. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for him.  His daughter is a member of the community. If he screws this up he is toast. 

Good points.   And he knows what’s at stake!!!  I hope and expect him to be squeaky clean with an abundance of accountability!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Freeze was on my list of candidates I was ok with from the beginning of this process, with reservations of course.  And I'll be listening intently to the additional background checking we did over the last few days as well as what Freeze himself says.  But I plan on supporting Auburn.  The players deserve it even if you don't think the coach does.

Well stated.  He wasn’t on my short list, but I’ve always said he is a good coach.   I think he’ll do well here and do everything he can to win over his critics.   (Some will never come around, but that’s on them)

2 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Well stated.  He wasn’t on my short list, but I’ve always said he is a good coach.   I think he’ll do well here and do everything he can to win over his critics.   (Some will never come around, but that’s on them)

Better be clean, the red nose bottom feeder sharks smell blood and will be circling.  He needs to swim with a purpose and surround himself with best support staff available.  I'd lend my salary to whomever is needed, not a CCM staff of yes people.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

If you think not "coming around" to like that scumbag is some kind of flaw......then your judgement is also suspect. I think Auburn has lowered itself by hiring a man with a very bad character. There's plenty of evidence to back that up....and virtually none to show that he's the kind of man who should be a leader of young men. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 6

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

If you think not "coming around" to like that scumbag is some kind of flaw......then your judgement is also suspect. I think Auburn has lowered itself by hiring a man with a very bad character. There's plenty of evidence to back that up....and virtually none to show that he's the kind of man who should be a leader of young men. 

DAMN STRAIGHT !!!

WDE !!!

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I think Cohen and others involved know a whole lot more than what any of us know.   I also know that a lot of things that got “reported” was just plain false.   Time will tell if he has truly repented and gotten the help he needed, or if he just went through the motions in public to save face.   I don’t know, but I am certainly hoping for the former!

the “some will never come around” comment would take effect after years of proving himself as a changed man.   That may never happen.  But for his sake, and ours, I hope it does.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Freeze was on my list of candidates I was ok with from the beginning of this process, with reservations of course.

Then my question would be,,, was there anyone you were not okay with?

47 minutes ago, CentralFLtiger said:

I like this approach. Cautious optimism.

That’s a good way to put it.   I don’t think going hysterical without having nearly as much info as one thinks is wise.   I also don’t think blindly supporting a hire with this kind of baggage is wise.  I think a cautiously optimistic approach is best.  

The man was a John. He sent an insensitive and stupid DM. And he allegedly made a girl at Briarcrest change a shirt in his office - and it was specified he didn’t watch her. That’s his whole rap sheet.

Y’all talk about the guy like he’s Sandusky. I straight up do not get it. His past transgressions were more idiotic than anything. He’s not a domestic abuser or drug fiend or gambling addict or Ponzi schemer.

Seriously. What is the deal with characterizing the guy as a “scumbag”? Is it just the hypocrisy of it all? 

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 2

18 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I think everyone understands your opinion by now. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

That’s a good way to put it.   I don’t think going hysterical without having nearly as much info as one thinks is wise.   I also don’t think blindly supporting a hire with this kind of baggage is wise.  I think a cautiously optimistic approach is best.  

I will just take the cautious, and leave the optimistic part for later. 

• Like 1

I don’t like the hire.  Auburn could have  done better if we were throwing around 10mil or so to get kiffin.

The spin is on which is fine…it is time to move forward and be positive.  Let’s see if CHF can get us a decent STARTING QB! 

40 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

If he is truly a follower of Jesus, and I really do believe he is, he will have very thorough accountability in place!!!   He has the money and ability to hire 2 or 3 “spiritual advisors”, accountability partners, or personal assistants whose sole job is to keep him away from temptation and potentially dangerous situations.   Because as soon as he starts winning, his enemies will try to destroy him any way they can!

That was the most disqualifying statement I have read today.

58 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Why is he a scum bag? Because he defended a friend against an unwarranted attack?

You know that girl never even filed charges against any assailant, right?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

Why is he a scum bag? Because he defended a friend against an unwarranted attack?

You know that girl never even filed charges against any assailant, right?

No, she doesn't know. 

Just repeating what she's heard. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Then my question would be,,, was there anyone you were not okay with?

On the list of serious/likely candidates linked to the job, no.  I didn't really give any thought to coaches outside of that.

5 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Some of the folks who hate Hugh Freeze were pining for Ron Franklin, who actually was involved in covering up rape and sexual assualt at Vandy berfore bolting to Pedo State

I think you mean James Franklin.  Ron Franklin was one of the best play by play announcers -- died last Jan.