Luke Altmyer

aubie57

@Zeek I see where Luke Altmyer from ole miss is in the portal. I like the kid, what are your thoughts on possibly targeting him in the portal?

Edited by aubie57
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I’m kinda more interested in McNamara from Michigan. I’m also curious to see if Vandagriff from Georgia finally decides to enter the portal.

Luke is a local kid for me. I know him and his family, I’d just like to see him at Auburn because of that. 

Edited by aubie57
  • Like 1

Just now, aubie57 said:

Luke is a local kid for me. I know he and his family, I’d just like to see him at Auburn because of that. 

I remember last years OM game when Corral got hurt. Altmeyer went 8-8 on a TD drive. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I remember last years OM game when Corral got hurt. Altmeyer went 8-8 on a TD drive. 

Yep. He had some bright spots in the bowl game against Baylor when Corral went down as well, if I remember correctly. 

Edited by aubie57

1 hour ago, woodford said:

He should definitely get a call from us. Ashford might fit what Freeze wants but I don't trust him to develop as a passer before next Fall. Need someone now.

We need a portal QB in the worst way. Then, turn Geriner, Calzada, Ashford and the Portal Guy loose in Spring practice and let the cream rise to the top.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, aubie57 said:

Luke is a local kid for me. I know him and his family, I’d just like to see him at Auburn because of that. 

You from Starkville?

On 11/28/2022 at 8:38 PM, Gowebb11 said:

I would like to see all time stats on Backup QBs vs Auburn...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I would like to see all time stats on Backup QBs vs Auburn...

Heisman worthy it seems. 😅

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 5:23 PM, aubie57 said:

Columbus

Cool. I’m from Starkville. Too old to know Luke, but my mom was a pediatric NP (retired now). She used to see him. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 7:19 PM, woodford said:

Why is he jumping ship? Feel like he will get a lot of looks from pretty much everyone in the SEC. 

I assume Dart will still be at ole miss next year, so, I guess that’s why? Im not sure. Luke’s dad is the team ortho physician for msu, or was at least. I know them, but, I don’t know them well enough to ask questions. 

3 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Cool. I’m from Starkville. Too old to know Luke, but my mom was a pediatric NP (retired now). She used to see him. 

I haven’t talked to Luke in a while, it’d be cool to have him at AU, imo.

Ashford might need a year under Freeze to develop more as a passer.  I think Calzada and Holden could be very good with a good Oline.  QB may not as big a need as it appeared toward the end of the year.

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Ashford might need a year under Freeze to develop more as a passer.  I think Calzada and Holden could be very good with a good Oline.  QB may not as big a need as it appeared toward the end of the year.

Calzada entered portal