Luke Altmyer

aubie57

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

There are better QBs in the portal that Altmyer and definitely Hudson Card.  No thanks.  

Card has put up pretty good passing numbers and is a solid runner. What have you seen to drive your opinion? 

1FDC2415-CE12-4509-8F1B-4292FA23C8BB.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Card has put up pretty good passing numbers and is a solid runner. What have you seen to drive your opinion? 

Definitely not a great guy to watch eye test wise. Very limited thrower imo. I didn’t watch any of his games this season other than UAT and some of the TT, but Sark clearly didn’t trust him much with the safe play calling he employed

17 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I didn’t watch a lot of his games this year aside from what he played in the Bama game, but last year before he was benched for Thompson he was awful.  

He folded like a wet blanket anytime he was pressured. Thus why he was benched.  

There are just a lot better options in the portal right now than Card.  For me it would be like taking another Calzada.   Maybe ok for depth but I think Freeze is looking for another option for QB1.  I love Robby’s heart but he needs A LOT of work and I just don’t see him as the guy that is going to win games for us next year. 

Edited by AEAugirl

17 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I didn’t watch a lot of his games this year aside from what he played in the Bama game, but last year before he was benched for Thompson he was awful.  

He folded like a wet blanket anytime he was pressured. Thus why he was benched.  

There are just a lot better options in the portal right now than Card.  For me it would be like taking another Calzada.   Maybe ok for depth but I think Freeze is looking for another option for QB1.  I love Robby’s heart but he needs A LOT of work and I just don’t see him as the guy that is going to win games for us next year. 

Fair points and there may be better options. But Auburn hasn’t seen a 69% completion rate and a career 12-2 TD to interception ratio in a long long time. In fact it’s what we’ve been begging for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Fair points and there may be better options. But Auburn hasn’t seen a 69% completion rate and a career 12-2 TD to interception ratio in a long long time. In fact it’s what we’ve been begging for. 

Champagne taste and a beer pocketbook. Intermediate steps might need to be taken to get Auburn to the level for which it wants to be.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:20 PM, j0hnnyRingo said:

I would like to see all time stats on Backup QBs vs Auburn...

I'm pretty sure you don't. I mean, unless you have a serious masochistic streak.

• Haha 1