Jump to content

Who does CHF contact first?


SouthGATiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Since we now have a head coach, who are the recruits he calls first? Smith and Russaw? Vizzina? Cobb?

Some many questions.  Just excited to get back to recruiting!

Edited by SouthGATiger
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





Vizzina has to be first - we need an elite QB.

Smith & Russaw are definitely next in line! I believe they are just looking for the right reason to choose AU!

Hughley is 3rd - we HAVE to start getting elite OL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are our greatest needs to instantly upgrade our team?

OL: We need an Oline that can give our QB at least 4 seconds to pass.

QB: We need a QB who can accurately pass and is athletic enough to run when he needs to; Not an athlete trying to play QB.. I love Robby. He is a gamer, but he is not an SEC calibur QB BC of his lack of accuracy. He can be an offensive weapon for sure_ just not at QB...

D line: We have got to sign some DOMINANT Pass Rushers.. Our D line was under sized and hardly ever got to the opposing QB.. That has to change... Bigger linebackers won't hurt either.

I feel like our RB's are excellent. Our WR were good enough to win with.. We don't have problems getting TE's.  Our secondary was good most of the time. Could use some help there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lots of QB's are gonna hit the portal.  Need to snag a Spencer Rattler type.  Texas may have a couple hitting the portal with Manning coming in. Hudson Card is solid but not spectacular.  Quinn Ewers has the arm talent to play in the NFL. Questionable intangibles though.  I've lost a lot of respect for Sarkisian. He's handled the QB situation there incredibly poorly.

Edited by Cardin Drake
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Lots of QB's are gonna hit the portal.  Need to snag a Spencer Rattler type.  Texas may have a couple hitting the portal with Manning coming in. Hudson Card is solid but not spectacular.  Quinn Ewers has the arm talent to play in the NFL. Questionable intangibles though.  I've lost a lot of respect for Sarkisian. He's handled the QB situation there incredibly poorly.

No way Quinn Ewers leaves. I don't get a "either I start immediately, or I transfer" vibe from Arch Manning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

No way Quinn Ewers leaves. I don't get a "either I start immediately, or I transfer" vibe from Arch Manning.

Have you seen Ewers play lately? He was lights out against Oklahoma, but he has cost Texas 2 games since with his poor play.  He almost cost Texas the Baylor game too. No way he starts next year over Manning.  It's a mystery to Texas fans why Sarkisian is still playing him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Have you seen Ewers play lately? He was lights out against Oklahoma, but he has cost Texas 2 games since with his poor play.  He almost cost Texas the Baylor game too. No way he starts next year over Manning.  It's a mystery to Texas fans why Sarkisian is still playing him.

Manning took a crap in his last high school game. Manning is not better than Elwers . But popularity may win out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Team chemistry with Ewers is off. Top wide receiver wants to hit the portal, and the team just doesn't seem to like Ewers. When he overthrows them, which is frequent, the wide receivers won't even extend their arms and make an attempt to catch the ball. It's all kind of weird. Meanwhile, Hudson Card, who is pretty good, sits on the bench while Ewers makes overthrow after overthrow.  He had a 37% completion rate against Okie State in a loss, and Sarkisian says after the game he never even considered pulling him, while every fan in the state was screaming "Put in Card"   For a while I thought we should have got Sark instead of Harsin, but now I'm glad we didn't. That guy is just strange. And so is Ewers. His arm talent is off the chart, but I don't think I'd want him if he hit the portal.  Now if Xavier Worthy does transfer, that's a guy you go after hard.  But I think we'd need a proven QB first to have a chance. 

Edited by Cardin Drake
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

AU about to go crazy in the portal. It’s exciting 

I'm ready to see what the OL will look like next year. Jarquez and Alston with some room to run will be scary.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Team chemistry with Ewers is off. Top wide receiver wants to hit the portal, and the team just doesn't seem to like Ewers. When he overthrows them, which is frequent, the wide receivers won't even extend their arms and make an attempt to catch the ball. It's all kind of weird. Meanwhile, Hudson Card, who is pretty good, sits on the bench while Ewers makes overthrow after overthrow.  He had a 37% completion rate against Okie State in a loss, and Sarkisian says after the game he never even considered pulling him, while every fan in the state was screaming "Put in Card"   For a while I thought we should have got Sark instead of Harsin, but now I'm glad we didn't. That guy is just strange. And so is Ewers. His arm talent is off the chart, but I don't think I'd want him if he hit the portal.  Now if James Worthy does transfer, that's a guy you go after hard.  But I think we'd need a proven QB first to have a chance. 

Michigan QB is portaling.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Former Texas starter Hudson Card now in the portal.  He's solid, great team player, and a decent runner. 

I am friends with his aunt and joked with her when was in high school that he needed to come to Auburn. Wouldn’t mind getting him. He’s a baller. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

AU about to go crazy in the portal. It’s exciting 

Yes.This has to happen and am hoping CHF can really be productive in the portal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Lots of QB's are gonna hit the portal.  Need to snag a Spencer Rattler type.  Texas may have a couple hitting the portal with Manning coming in. Hudson Card is solid but not spectacular.  Quinn Ewers has the arm talent to play in the NFL. Questionable intangibles though.  I've lost a lot of respect for Sarkisian. He's handled the QB situation there incredibly poorly.

The Bear's great grandson, Paul Tyson, hit the portal but I think the walls of J-H may collapse if he joined the team.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...