Who does CHF contact first?

SouthGATiger

1 hour ago, msg6367 said:

The Bear's great grandson, Paul Tyson, hit the portal but I think the walls of J-H may collapse if he joined the team.

Winning the IB with Paul Tyson as QB would be incredible lol

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Now if Xavier Worthy does transfer, that's a guy you go after hard. 

My daughter goes to UTx, she tells me that people there think XW is a cancer.  

Uber talented and  definitely worth a conversation.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

My daughter goes to UTx, she tells me that people there think XW is a cancer.  

Uber talented and  definitely worth a conversation.

Yeah, something is just off with the team chemistry at UT right now. I'm not sure if Xavier is a source or a symptom.  I think it has to do with Ewers, but I really have no inside info.  One thing I am sure of is that Hudson Card is not a problem.  I think he is a really talented kid, and definitely the kind you want on your team.  I'm just not sure he is going to be the best available QB in the portal.  I do trust Freeze to figure that out, and go after somebody who can help the team. Congrats to your daughter. UT is not easy to get into these days.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Congrats to your daughter. UT is not easy to get into these days.

Thanks, it's very tough.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

So I’m sure CHF has set up some visits for this weekend.    
For fun, let’s say he can visit 10 recruits this weekend.    Who should he go visit?

My grandson. No…just kidding!

He gave up football and joined the Marines.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

So I’m sure CHF has set up some visits for this weekend.    
For fun, let’s say he can visit 10 recruits this weekend.    Who should he go visit?

I don’t know ten recruits, but I hope they are all OLinemen . 

12 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yeah, something is just off with the team chemistry at UT right now

Something is wrong at Texas and has been for years. All that money, all those resources and tradition, yet their record since the championship year of 2009 is middle of the pack at best. Until somebody figures out what the bigger problem is in Austin, who the coach and players are isn't going to matter much at all.

2021 5 7    
2020 7 3    
2019 8 5    
2018 10 4    
2017 7 6    
2016 5 7    
2015 5 7    
2014 6 7    
2013 8 5    
2012 9 4    

Year Won Lost Tied Notes

2011 8 5    
2010 5 7

Really, it's just a string of bad coaches.  Mack Brown was a great recruiter but not much of a judge of talent, and he got complacent. He passed on Andrew Luck, and offered Robert GriffenIII and Johnny Manzeil only as dbs.  Charlie Strong, bust, Tom Herman, bust.  I don't think Sarkisian is the right guy either.  Texas players tend toward being a little entitled, but NIL is going to make Texas into an 800 pound gorilla soon enough.  Now their money will finally mean something.

9 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Really, it's just a string of bad coaches.  Mack Brown was a great recruiter but not much of a judge of talent, and he got complacent. He passed on Andrew Luck, and offered Robert GriffenIII and Johnny Manzeil only as dbs.  Charlie Strong, bust, Tom Herman, bust.  I don't think Sarkisian is the right guy either.  Texas players tend toward being a little entitled, but NIL is going to make Texas into an 800 pound gorilla soon enough.  Now their money will finally mean something.

We shall see. Mack Brown has done quite well at UNC. I still think there's something in the Austin water that needs to be cleared out before Texas returns to being a team that opponents have to worry about.

• Like 1

Yep, What I meant to say was a string of bad coaches after Mack Brown.  He did some great things at Texas, but got a little complacent at the end. Hiring coaches is just a bit of a crapshoot, and it seems like frequently you have to go through 3, 4 or more bad cycles before you get it right.  I hope we can avoid that.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 7:17 PM, CameronCrazy said:

Vizzina has to be first - we need an elite QB.

Smith & Russaw are definitely next in line! I believe they are just looking for the right reason to choose AU!

Hughley is 3rd - we HAVE to start getting elite OL

On 11/28/2022 at 9:36 PM, TigerPAC said:

Vizzina not coming to AU, from I’ve been told.  Really need to keep Geriner

No to Vizzina. I’m glad he doesn’t have interest. He is not an elite QB as I have watched him the past two years in high school. I think we dodged a bullet with that.

On 12/1/2022 at 1:29 AM, Cardin Drake said:

Agreed. It's coaching. Broad term but that's what it is. The logo, facilities, history, etc only carry you so far. I'd argue Auburn won games the past two years solely on the athleticism they got through recruiting. It sure wasn't coaching (besides Caddy).

You're spot on about Brown and yeah Charlie Strong? Terrible hire. Tom Herman? Fraud. Sark? We'll see. Had Saban gone there in 13 or 14? Can't remember the year the rumors were flying but regardless they would probably have a minimum of 2 titles with him running the show imo

That would drive me to drink as a Texas fan. Woof! Auburn has passed on some big names too. Phillip Rivers, DeShaun Watson, and Lamar Jackson if I'm not mistaken. Someone correct me on that. I might be thinking of another mobile QB.

26 minutes ago, woodford said:

Agreed. It's coaching. Broad term but that's what it is. The logo, facilities, history, etc only carry you so far. I'd argue Auburn won games the past two years solely on the athleticism they got through recruiting. It sure wasn't coaching (besides Caddy).

You're spot on about Brown and yeah Charlie Strong? Terrible hire. Tom Herman? Fraud. Sark? We'll see. Had Saban gone there in 13 or 14? Can't remember the year the rumors were flying but regardless they would probably have a minimum of 2 titles with him running the show imo

That would drive me to drink as a Texas fan. Woof! Auburn has passed on some big names too. Phillip Rivers, DeShaun Watson, and Lamar Jackson if I'm not mistaken. Someone correct me on that. I might be thinking of another mobile QB.

We definitely did not pass on Deshaun Watson. 

Pretty sure you can thank War Blogle for blowing that whole deal up.  

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 10:03 AM, Cardin Drake said:

Yep, What I meant to say was a string of bad coaches after Mack Brown.  He did some great things at Texas, but got a little complacent at the end. Hiring coaches is just a bit of a crapshoot, and it seems like frequently you have to go through 3, 4 or more bad cycles before you get it right.  I hope we can avoid that.

Obviously he got complacent. He Hired Harsin. I kid, I kid!!  

He really missed on QBs that ended his time there. Reading what you posted and thinking about it. I had forgot about the  RGIII deal. I bet if Mack could have a mulligan that would have been it. The success that Baylor was having added fuel to the fire on Mack’s seat!!

Mack Brown may be one of the best recruiter’s ever!!  Like you said though. Not the best at talent evaluation, but recruiter!! Man he is special!!

• Like 1

So we don't want a 5* Vizzina because he is not elite, but we have a 2* QB committed right now. Is he elite? I hope CHF doesn't ask members of this forum for recruiting advice or evaluations. Recruiting folks who do this for a living are wrong sometime,s but rarely that far off. I'll trust Coach Freeze, thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who is war blogle

The site that blew the whistle about Watson making a "secret" visit to Auburn.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

The site that blew the whistle about Watson making a "secret" visit to Auburn.

He just was scouting to see how many message parlors were in Auburn. 

• Haha 1