Full DMs Leaked

Zeek

3 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Enough. He's our head coach. Not a level headed person on this board cares about this conversation anymore. You and everyone else have shared their thoughts on this issue until blue in the face. It's time to move on. Support our head coach and our team. That's not hard to ask

These conversations aren't going to stop and you're going to keep seeing them both on this board and in the media and in other areas where college football is discussed for a good long time to come.  

This is part of what a school and it's fans gets and has to accept whenever the hire Hugh Freeze. 

Hugh Freeze  and controversy are a package deal. You better get used to it. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

These conversations aren't going to stop and you're going to keep seeing them both on this board and in the media and in other areas where college football is discussed for a good long time to come.  

This is part of what a school and it's fans gets and has to accept whenever the hire Hugh Freeze. 

No I won't, and no we don't. We've had this conversation ad nauseum by now. Continuing to bring it up here only serves as an attempt to continually divide this board. If you want to have this conversation with your friends and family, that's one thing. And I'm happy to have it with mine. But this issue has become a dead horse here, and it's time to let it rest. We get that some on here will never accept him and believe he should never be given a second chance, and nothing will sway them. So why keep saying the same things over and over?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Just now, Potatooooooes!! said:

No I won't, and no we don't. We've had this conversation ad nauseum by now. Continuing to bring it up here only serves as an attempt to continually divide this board. If you want to have this conversation with your friends and family, that's one thing. And I'm happy to have it with mine. But this issue has become a dead horse here, and it's time to let it rest. We get that some on here will never accept him and believe he should never be given a second chance, and nothing will sway them. So why keep saying the same things over and over?

It'll die down here eventually, but its been less than 24 hours since the hire. 

Just be prepared because you're gonna see this stuff continually brought up through the media and from our rivals for years to come. It's what AU signed itself and its fanbase up for by choosing to hiring Freeze.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Just be prepared because you're gonna see this stuff continually brought up through the media and from our rivals for years to come. It's what AU signed itself and its fanbase up for by choosing to hiring Freeze.

no one cares outside on alabama, and georgia. 

In two or 3 weeks people will have moved on to the next "big story".  The world,  and esp.  Americans  can not keep their attention on anything more than a few weeks.   I see way more Auburn fans bringing this stuff up than ALL other school combined.  Much harder attacks against Auburn and Freeze  by Auburn fans than even the most  rude bama fans.     No one outside of Auburn fans really cares.  They have more important things and their own teams to worry about.

As much as I love Auburn,  I realize we are not the center of the NCAA football world.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

No I won't, and no we don't. We've had this conversation ad nauseum by now. Continuing to bring it up here only serves as an attempt to continually divide this board.

"WE CAN ONLY TALK ABOUT WHAT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT. ANYTING ELSE IS DIVISIVE"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

That I can live with. I think the more we learn about him, the easier it will be to defend though

8 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Please use your brain. It's really not that difficult to understand

It's only "dividing" b/c you can't/don't want to hear about anything that conflicts with your view.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

It's only "dividing" b/c you can't/don't want to hear about anything that conflicts with your view.

It's obvious to a thinking individual that it's divisive when it's beaten to death as an issue and people still want to bring it up, especially when the point is to unify behind the head coach. Do I really have to explain this to you?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It’s dividing, because so much of what people have been saying is easily proven to be rumors or outright falsities. If people can’t use facts to make their case, then in the eyes of most rational people, there is no case. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

We gotta quit worrying bout what others say about us. We not in middle school anymore 

• Like 2

How do we know that this is the limit of the contact with the assault victim?  This might just be only a part of them.

I suspect that there is more given that he has to give up twitter to get the Auburn job.  

Just now, Newbomb said:

How do we know that this is the limit of the contact with the assault victim?  This might just be only a part of them.

I suspect that there is more given that he has to give up twitter to get the Auburn job.  

misinformation.  He did not have to give up  his twitter or control of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Newbomb said:

We don’t. Just like we didn’t know that she had lied about tagging him at one point. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Newbomb said:

Unless he just lied at his press conference, he hasn’t had to give up twitter. That was just another rumor. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

misinformation.  He did not have to give up  his twitter or control of it. 

In fact, he addressed this question directly in the press-conference and even laughed at the idea that it was true.  

People really need to stop taking every click-baiting article they read as gospel.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

In fact, he addressed this question directly in the press-conference and even laughed at the idea that it was true.  

People really need to stop taking every click-baiting article they read as gospel.  

And every tweet. People just need to learn to stop, think, and wait til more facts come out before passing judgments, especially non-malleable ones

13 minutes ago, Newbomb said:

We don’t know or might not never know. If u watched the press conference they mention a thorough investigation was done and talked to people. Since he had some baggage I am sure they went above and beyond to fact check things. Unless u think the university is lying u have to take them for their word of doing due diligence in this hiring

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Unless u think the university is lying u have to take them for their word of doing due diligence in this hiring

Their definition of "due diligence" may be quite different from the standard, also. 

We could have hired the guy at any time this past year. I'd hope we've done more than just "due diligence". I'll guarantee you one thing, however. If there is any dirt still to be found, any that comes to pass, any that could be conjured up out of thin air that blur the lines of reasonable doubt, it will be done by those we recruit against. 

We were recruiting poorly. We have now built a large mountain of negative recruiting that our coaches have to surmount that other coaches will take full advantage of. 

He's the coach. It's done. Now we live with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aucom96 said:

Their definition of "due diligence" may be quite different from the standard, also. 

We could have hired the guy at any time this past year. I'd hope we've done more than just "due diligence". I'll guarantee you one thing, however. If there is any dirt still to be found, any that comes to pass, any that could be conjured up out of thin air that blur the lines of reasonable doubt, it will be done by those we recruit against. 

We were recruiting poorly. We have now built a large mountain of negative recruiting that our coaches have to surmount that other coaches will take full advantage of. 

Some of the poor recruiting was because the previous head coach wasn’t doing his part. Who Hugh surrounds himself will be just as important for recruiting. Caddy is a good start. The fact that Hugh wants to be at Auburn will go along way with how much he wants to prove people wrong 

6 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

He's already started recruiting.  That in itself ought to be enuf to get u pumped up. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yep sound like you are a loser and so you have to harp on your one point so you can seem to be relevant. Read a book or something. 

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

That I can live with. I think the more we learn about him, the easier it will be to defend though

Unify behind the team; sure.  This players and the staff didn't do what Freeze did.  

But you expect me to "defend" this guy?  Really?  That's the standard here.  I have to defend cheating, infidelity, lying, misuse of government property, hookers and having so little maturity he doesn't understand the risk he runs by engaging in a conversion of legal adversaries of his institution when that is not his role; and can only further damage, damaged goods; or his institution...if I don't defend this, then I am divisive?   Seriously dude....

I can't "forgive" Freeze;  that's not my place as he didn't do anything to me.  That's for his family.  It looks like they have.  Fine. I am glad he was making over $4m a year at Liberty and was happy there apparently.  He should be very thankful he had that gig and his family stuck by him.  That doesn't mean I need to feel some compunction to hire the guy or have him associate with the Auburn athletic program.  Why would I wish him on some other parents kids when I wouldn't want him hanging around my own...he's not a role model.  

What really chaps my ass is we've been lied to.  This whole thing around we're going big game hunting was BS.  He said we'd been talking to him for weeks.  There was no search.  Cohen is no different than the last cast of clown administrators.  You don't conduct a thorough search of all the available talent and land here.   

We're going to hear about this every time Auburn is mentioned on every sports network in perpetuity....we're playing the opening game next year and the 1st thing you will hear from the commentators is not; "it's a new day on the plains"...it will be all about Auburn's disgraced head coach.....embroiled in sex assault case against the university...hookers...scandal...NCAA violations...they'll have a field day with it.  Get used to it.  It ain't going away just because it makes some of you uncomfortable.   

I'm not going to defend this.

"There! Are! Four! Lights!" 12.15.16 - The Don Geronimo Show

Edited by japantiger
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

When someone owns their mistake and apologizes for it and spends the next 4 years doing things right then it’s time to move in because we have all sone things we shouldn’t have. Freeze paid for his mistakes and his wife has forgiven him. Nothing happened at LU that involved Freeze . The woman complaining is complaining that Freeze spoke up for the AD at liberty and said He was a good guy. Nothing wrong with that. I am not downing the young lady but You can’t blame Hugh for standing up for a friend .