Coach putting some accountability in place

TitanTiger

17 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

The carry-over of his daughter as his assistant is obviously not against any rules/hiring conditions at Auburn or it would not be allowed. I don’t see that as a negative. When we were discussing Kiffin , all were wondering if his father would come with him and no negativity about nepotism then.

I agree with you -- just bad optics considering all of the other negative press.  Personally, I don't like nepotism in the workplace -- especially in a reporting relationship.  It's just not good business practice.  

4 minutes ago, Butthead said:

I agree with you -- just bad optics considering all of the other negative press.  Personally, I don't like nepotism in the workplace -- especially in a reporting relationship.  It's just not good business practice.  

I don’t know about AU, but I worked for one of the largest WW companies. They allowed it with certain stipulations. Always required extreme checks and balances with duo reporting lines.

24 minutes ago, Butthead said:

With his daughter around all the time,  it will really put a damper on any temptations.   She can handle the job, but  I think she is there to keep an eye on him.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

With his daughter around all the time,  it will really put a damper on any temptations.   She can handle the job, but  I think she is there to keep an eye on him.

There are several assumptions in this post. I try to assume capabilities (as you did above) Assumption, without the modifier (as you did above) which is also an assumption which actually says you don’t believe the first assumption. At least that is my takeaway.

11 hours ago, Systems said:

This is happening more often in larger organizations with busy leaders and figureheads; having someone or some department be the distributor of the social media content. It'll create a more consistent social media message presentation, cadence and format and also, who has the time to argue with the internet collective. 

Yeah, but how often is it a condition of employment?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

That would assume that said daughter (who is dependent on the father for income), would a) tell the father what to do, or b) turn him in if he did something wrong.  Both big assumptions.

5 minutes ago, Butthead said:

That would assume that said daughter (who is dependent on the father for income), would a) tell the father what to do, or b) turn him in if he did something wrong.  Both big assumptions.

I was thinking more of a situation like....

I'm definitely going to tell MOM  if you even look like you may be flirting around.     

I don't know about you ,  but I am more afraid of my wife than anything my boss can do to me.  ;)

Hell,  It could be demanded by her mom that  CHF  has his daughter work in his office area.   LOL

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Well if that doesn't sound pathetic lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

If they are going to neuter the guys social media game then i'd have preferred they did it secretly and not told anyone. I dont particularly respect the move but auburn is going to auburn and I am not surprised. Deion or Lane never would have gone for that but whatever it ultimately is just twitter so it isnt the end of the world, I just think it is weak.

i assume they released that so the ones not liking the hire can unclinch just a little.

12 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

If they are going to neuter the guys social media game then i'd have preferred they did it secretly and not told anyone. I dont particularly respect the move but auburn is going to auburn and I am not surprised. Deion or Lane never would have gone for that but whatever it ultimately is just twitter so it isnt the end of the world, I just think it is weak.

Freeze said him giving up his social media accounts to someone else was false.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Systems said:

This is happening more often in larger organizations with busy leaders and figureheads; having someone or some department be the distributor of the social media content. It'll create a more consistent social media message presentation, cadence and format and also, who has the time to argue with the internet collective. 

We now know what the holdup with Kiffin was. He wouldn't get off Twitter.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

and........after all the speculation in this thread, Freeze just said this social media rumor isn't true, lol. 

Yep, and just further confirms that most people don’t know what the heck is actually going on. 😂

• Like 6

16 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, his daughter dresses very classy and appropriately unlike… well I mean… unlike… another coaches daughters that I know.

d58d7174-85bf-4326-8888-ca924e91e189_tex

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, his daughter dresses very classy and appropriately unlike… well I mean… unlike… another coaches daughters that I know.

Not going to miss that white trash on the field after games 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

18 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Some more, from Auburn's end:

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 9.49.34 PM.png

Not surprised . As I said the SEC bylaws require for the AU president to show that precautions are being taken in cases like this. Just like Bruce couldn’t recruit early on. And university should require some conditions for all coaches so they don’t hurt the University. If a coach resist the conditions then the university should not accept them. A lot of money and prestige are in the hands of these coaches also they should have boundaries drawn for them. 

17 hours ago, fasttimes said:

no kidding. Auburn just hired a guy who they felt couldn't be trusted to handle his own social media account(s). amazing. i hope it works out.

Actually most universities as well as companies going that route. Sone times all of us are prone to make a comment in social media we should refrain from. That’s why it is good to have someone else looking over your remarks when you are the face of something as important as AU Football or AU anything. 

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah, but how often is it a condition of employment?

Quite often these days and bosses should be ok with it. It’s one thing if it’s just you but when you are the face of something bigger that should be a must in today’s world. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Actually most universities as well as companies going that route. Sone times all of us are prone to make a comment in social media we should refrain from. That’s why it is good to have someone else looking over your remarks when you are the face of something as important as AU Football or AU anything. 

Can you name any ?

1 minute ago, fasttimes said:

Can you name any ?

How about the president of the United States .  I’m sure a lot of coaches and businesses do. I’ve seen sone mentioned . As I said anyone that doesn’t agree need not be hired because they are a nightmare wishing to happen. 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

How about the president of the United States .  I’m sure a lot of coaches and businesses do. I’ve seen sone mentioned . As I said anyone that doesn’t agree need not be hired because they are a nightmare wishing to happen. 

A "no" would have been fine.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

There are many high profile people that hire others to run their social media.  My son's girlfriend is one of those 'others'.  The secret is those high profile people have other social media under aliases that they can rant on if the want 🤣

• Like 1