Should we accept a Bowl Game

gr82b4au

If offered? There is a decent chance it is coming. 
I can see both yes and no being the correct answer. Most NFL guys will sit out. Most coaches need to recruit (and what coaches would still be around to coach the game)? 

Great way for Hugh to evaluate the guys already on roster for 15 practices and reward (guess not the right word after going 5-7) the kids after the rough year. 

Other side, can focus strictly on recruiting. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I can see both yes and no being the correct answer. Most NFL guys will sit out. Most coaches need to recruit (and what coaches would still be around to coach the game)? 

Link to our decent chance?

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Link to our decent chance?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/35093302/college-football-bowl-projections-cfp-new-years-six-more

Sorry it is an ESPN paywall. Basically they have us in a bowl in Tampa. I think the analytics done on another site said if Akron loses to buffalo we may get an invite (or something like that). I don’t keep up with it. But if we do get a bowl, do we take it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/35093302/college-football-bowl-projections-cfp-new-years-six-more

Sorry it is an ESPN paywall. Basically they have us in a bowl in Tampa. I think the analytics done on another site said if Akron loses to buffalo we may get an invite (or something like that). I don’t keep up with it. But if we do get a bowl, do we take it? 

That would be an upset, but why not take it? Extra practice/evaluation. 

• Like 2

Just now, TexasTiger said:

That would be an upset, but why not take it? Extra practice/evaluation. 

Who would coach it ? The rest of the coaches let go today? Or the new coaches who have not been hired yet? Which players would play? How would we recruit if we are in Tampa for practice? We need recruiting more than anything right now. 
Just seems like a logistical nightmare. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Who would coach it ? The rest of the coaches let go today? Or the new coaches who have not been hired yet? Which players would play? How would we recruit if we are in Tampa for practice? We need recruiting more than anything right now. 
Just seems like a logistical nightmare. 

Guess the big money folks will decide. 😉

55 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yes! Heck yes! More time to practice, everything. All upside for coaches, players and staff. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I wouldn't bet on Akron losing to Buffalo, but I would bet on USC and TCU losing.  Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

1 minute ago, VicTree said:

I wouldn't bet on Akron losing to Buffalo, but I would bet on USC and TCU losing.  Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

Kansas State beating TCU seems like the sure bet.

Pros:

1) Some time for Hugh to interact with the players at practice.  This will help them get a feel for him, and could mitigate some heading for the portal

2) A reward for the players

3) The practices can help him evaluate recruiting needs

4) $$$$$ - don’t underestimate this one. 

5) If any coaches are on the bubble, Hugh can also evaluate them

Cons:

1) Easier just to avoid it - less logistics and coaching concerns

2) Can focus more on recruiting

I would say it’s a no-brainer and we’ll take it if offered.  

If the players want to play then let's do it.  I am always up for seeing our seniors play one more game.  They deserve it.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Absolutely! I wanna see the caddy ride one more time. It also gives time for evaluation from the new coach. Also earns the school money, the players some swag, and I get to watch one more game now that Auburn football is fun again (thanks, coach Williams!). 😀

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GoAU said:

Pros:

1) Some time for Hugh to interact with the players at practice.  This will help them get a feel for him, and could mitigate some heading for the portal

2) A reward for the players

3) The practices can help him evaluate recruiting needs

4) $$$$$ - don’t underestimate this one. 

5) If any coaches are on the bubble, Hugh can also evaluate them

Cons:

1) Easier just to avoid it - less logistics and coaching concerns

2) Can focus more on recruiting

I would say it’s a no-brainer and we’ll take it if offered.  

Could we not let the current staff coach the bowl and let Hugh and his staff recruit?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DAG said:

Kansas State beating TCU seems like the sure bet.

Guess Bama will find a way in again huh?  Bet USC loses just to make it so. 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Guess Bama will find a way in again huh?  Bet USC loses just to make it so. 

I hope not…

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Yes. This is a no brainer. The bowl game isn’t about us it’s about the players. They get to go to sone nice place , get sone nice stuff and enjoy a couple of days. They have worked for it and thus team definitely deserves it after the year they have endured and the coaches as well. 😊👍

10 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Now that Caddy is for sure staying I say 100% yes.

42 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Tank needs 30 yards to hit 1000 on the season. Although, I’d imagine he’d sit out.

Tank has played his last snap.  I really wish we had him under any other coach(es) than Gus' last year and Harsin.