Should we accept a Bowl Game

gr82b4au

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

In any other NFL era he would be but not in 2022.

I haven’t considered what he’s up against. He’s better than many 1st rounders in the past..you might be right. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I haven’t considered what he’s up against. He’s better than many 1st rounders in the past..you might be right. 

No back is likely going in the 1st round. They don’t draft them that high anymore. Last 1st or early 2nd is usually when the best RB goes. Last year no RB went in round 1.

• Like 1

Since we just fired all but three of our coaches, who is gonna coach up  this team in the next 3 weeks?

Will the new coaches be in here that quickly?

Better get on it!

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

Since we just fired all but three of our coaches, who is gonna coach up  this team in the next 3 weeks?

Will the new coaches be in here that quickly?

Better get on it!

I cannot imagine AU going to a bowl this year. Too much and too many missing parts to make it work. Just an old fan’s opinion and nothing else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I cannot imagine AU going to a bowl this year. Too much and too many missing parts to make it work. Just an old fan’s opinion and nothing else.

More value in organizing, recruiting, portaling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot depends on injuries or surgeries that need to heal. Losing recruiting time may also be a big deal for a new staff. But then I doubt that we get an invite anyway. Plus, it will be basketball season. 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

No back is likely going in the 1st round. They don’t draft them that high anymore. Last 1st or early 2nd is usually when the best RB goes. Last year no RB went in round 1.

I think Bijan will go round 1. His profile will rate too good to risk waiting until 2nd round. Most years I agree, but with the way rookies are taking off early I think one of these very bad teams will take a chance early on him, unless he falls because of a discovery during draft prep. 

Well right now we fired most of staff.  So new staff would coach if we did accept. 

19 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I think Bijan will go round 1. His profile will rate too good to risk waiting until 2nd round. Most years I agree, but with the way rookies are taking off early I think one of these very bad teams will take a chance early on him, unless he falls because of a discovery during draft prep. 

Well that’s just it - a very bad team has needs that far outweigh the RB position. Usually the first RB goes in the high 20s to a team that just made a deep playoff run and has the luxury of being able to take a back. So it’s usually late 1st at the earliest for a RB.

• Like 1

Why does a 5-7 team deserve a bowl game? 

If you're not at least 6-6, you shouldn't be offered one. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 2:06 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Tank will play in the NFL I have no doubt. 

His acl's have to be begging him to take make the decision to enter the draft, guy cuts hard -- cant see him raising his stock much more and i would hate for him to have a catostrophic injury