Give Him a Chance

abw0004

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Don't know what's funny. Judge everyone equally.  Surely u can agree to that?

It's funny that you didn't do that but you are saying it now. It's funny that you are trying to say Sanders wasn't judged but freeze was. That's what I was laughing at. But yes absolutely treat everyone equally. I agree with that sentence

• Like 3

Deion was considered one of the candidates for the job. It came down to experience as a coach. This is the same reason Caddy was not given the HC gig. If Deion had another 5-7 years at smaller P5 school even as a coordinator and a proven recruiting track record of an upward trajectory then this would be a different conversation.

Edited by einatlanta

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's funny that you didn't do that but you are saying it now. It's funny that you are trying to say Sanders wasn't judged but freeze was. That's what I was laughing at. But yes absolutely treat everyone equally. I agree with that sentence

Nope. My whole point was vet and judge everyone past the same. I'm not talking about on field qualifications for the job. Im talking about character issues in their past. On this board that wasn't done by many who wanted Deion. There were several on this board who skewered Danny Hugh's past, but never said a word about Deions. Now, I don't recall you going after Danny Hugh over his past. So I wasn't necessarily referring to you about that. But , many on here did while at the same time ignoring  Deions past. And the media had a field day over Danny Hugh's past. 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, einatlanta said:

Deion was considered one of the candidates for the job. It came down to experience as a coach. This is the same reason Caddy was not given the HC gig. If Deion had another 5-7 years at smaller P5 school even as a coordinator and a proven recruiting track record of an upward trajectory then this would be a different conversation.

I can understand Caddy being disappointed, if you’re him you would be too but I get the impression he also knows where he stands. From an experience perspective he’s not ready but I would have gladly taken him. He’s got a great attitude and ”seems” to be taking it all in stride. I hope Freeze uses him properly because Caddy is a big feather in Auburn’s cap. 

I also hope everyone here has finally got the griping out of their system. The same concerns that accompanied Harsin’s hire don’t apply to Freeze. There shouldn’t be a constant drum beat questioning Freeze’s ability to do the job like there was with Harsin. It’s time for everyone to circle the wagons and come together as a fan base. What’s done is done and while keeping our eyes wide open let’s get behind the new staff and give them all the support we can to make them successful. I’m excited to be turning the page and I hope everyone else is too! 

WAR EAGLE

Guys/girls please don't bring Sanders into this thread.  He has nothing to do with the university and is not our coach.  All it does is bring more toxicity into another thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Nope. My whole point was vet and judge everyone past the same. I'm not talking about on field qualifications for the job. Im talking about character issues in their past. On this board that wasn't done by many who wanted Deion. There were several on this board who skewered Danny Hugh's past, but never said a word about Deions. Now, I don't recall you going after Danny Hugh over his past. So I wasn't necessarily referring to you about that. But , many on here did while at the same time ignoring  Deions past. And the media had a field day over Danny Hugh's past. 

I don't agree with everything you said but we can agree to disagree. I don't know what you think of course but I figure that you probably know that I at least know something before speaking on it, so I asked to show the sexual assault stuff because I knew it didn't exist. Just like I know there are some things that do exist.

Seems like we are saying the same thing but coming from different ends of the string. I can respect that. From my perspective and my opinion no coach candidate was scrutinized, especially for dumb stuff, like Sanders. I see that you don't agree with that.

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't agree with everything you said but we can agree to disagree. I don't know what you think of course but I figure that you probably know that I at least know something before speaking on it, so I asked to show the sexual assault stuff because I knew it didn't exist. Just like I know there are some things that do exist.

Seems like we are saying the same thing but coming from different ends of the string. I can respect that. From my perspective and my opinion no coach candidate was scrutinized, especially for dumb stuff, like Sanders. I see that you don't agree with that.

I would say everyone has a past or did things they aren't proud of. I would raise my hand the highest.  I would have no problem with Deions or Kiffin or Danny Hugh's past as far as owning up to their mistakes and trying to learn from them . Danny Hugh did some bad things. He paid for it personally and financially big time.  I just don't think he should have to suffer for it the rest of his career. And again,  I didn't see you blast Danny Hugh. 

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

Just read a few of these guys posts and it's clear. I mean let's be real there aren't too many people that's going to make friends with au-24 off his/her personality. 

I never said this publicly, but that guy DMd me a while back asking why we were trading insults…when he was the one who was first trolling me

he’s also like 60 doing this 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I would say everyone has a past or did things they aren't proud of. I would raise my hand the highest.  I would have no problem with Deions or Kiffin or Danny Hugh's past as far as owning up to their mistakes and trying to learn from them . Danny Hugh did some bad things. He paid for it personally and financially big time.  I just don't think he should have to suffer for it the rest of his career. And again,  I didn't see you blast Danny Hugh. 

ive had a slightly different take why i think freeze is a bad choice and not worth the headache. yes, many folks have a past and done morally questionable things. if that is all freeze had done (cheated on his wife with prostitutes and maybe got them for recruits, that part gets over looked) that would be in the past almost a decade ago. i don't like it but people do make mistakes. ok, fine. but as recently as 5 months ago he is in some girls DMs who is suing his employer. idgaf if he had nothing to do with her case or if he or the guy he was defending weren't even at the school at the time that is minimum a flat out dumb thing to do. there was absolutely no win there and as you can see given detractors a ton to work with.

so you take his history and very recent history and the guy is a text book example of not having good judgement in the past and continuing to not have good judgement. THAT is my #1 problem, followed by the school and the fans having to deal with all criticism to the point of people defending things in his past or at the very least shrugging them off. the guy did some absolutely sleezy stuff that he admits to and there is a pattern of him being an idiot. i don't think its worth all this, but he is the coach and time will tell.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

ive had a slightly different take why i think freeze is a bad choice and not worth the headache. yes, many folks have a past and done morally questionable things. if that is all freeze had done (cheated on his wife with prostitutes and maybe got them for recruits, that part gets over looked) that would be in the past almost a decade ago. i don't like it but people do make mistakes. ok, fine. but as recently as 5 months ago he is in some girls DMs who is suing his employer. idgaf if he had nothing to do with her case or if he or the guy he was defending weren't even at the school at the time that is minimum a flat out dumb thing to do. there was absolutely no win there and as you can see given detractors a ton to work with.

so you take his history and very recent history and the guy is a text book example of not having good judgement in the past and continuing to not have good judgement. THAT is my #1 problem, followed by the school and the fans having to deal with all criticism to the point of people defending things in his past or at the very least shrugging them off. the guy did some absolutely sleezy stuff that he admits to and there is a pattern of him being an idiot. i don't think its worth all this, but he is the coach and time will tell.

How many times you going to repeat this ? Lol. 

11 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

I agree it was dumb to DM the girl , regardless of who tagged who. Freeze has owned up to that . As far as defending him, you or fans don't have to do anything to defend him. I just don't get the worrying about what other folks think. What can u do about what people say about you? Most of the folks who are doing that have so much crap in their own lives that they feel the need to drag someone else down in order to prop their self up. It's really sad in a way

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Guys/girls please don't bring Sanders into this thread.  He has nothing to do with the university and is not our coach.  All it does is bring more toxicity into another thread.

Nope, I'm gonna do it. You can't stop me. The mods can't stop me. The federal government can't stop me.

Barry Sanders didn’t just blow away the competition to win the Heisman Trophy in 1988. His incredible rushing season was and still is the most dominant season for a college running back in NCAA history. Sanders broke an absurd 34 NCAA records in 1988.

Most rushing yards in a season: 2,628 (bowl game stats didn’t count toward season stats in 1988)

Most rushing touchdowns in a season: 37

Most total touchdowns in a season: 39

Most games with over 300 rushing yards in a career: four (Sanders did it in one season)

Most points scored in a season: 234

Sanders’ rushing records are considered some of the most untouchable in sports today.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree it was dumb to DM the girl , regardless of who tagged who. Freeze has owned up to that . As far as defending him, you or fans don't have to do anything to defend him. I just don't get the worrying about what other folks think. What can u do about what people say about you? Most of the folks who are doing that have so much crap in their own lives that they feel the need to drag someone else down in order to prop their self up. It's really sad in a way

its not what other people think, its what i think. im glad you think it was dumb to DM the girl. i would assume also you think it was dumb to cheat on his wife, and call prostitutes on his work phone and lie to recruits and their parents about his involvement in the ncaa, and allegedly make that high school girl change shirts in his office.

see, its just a professional life time of doing dumb things. he will be under enormous scrutiny so any little screw up will get magnified way more than anyone else would. i hope that his lack of judgement doesn't continue at Auburn. history suggest that is optimistic thinking.

1 hour ago, fasttimes said:

its not what other people think, its what i think. im glad you think it was dumb to DM the girl. i would assume also you think it was dumb to cheat on his wife, and call prostitutes on his work phone and lie to recruits and their parents about his involvement in the ncaa, and allegedly make that high school girl change shirts in his office.

see, its just a professional life time of doing dumb things. he will be under enormous scrutiny so any little screw up will get magnified way more than anyone else would. i hope that his lack of judgement doesn't continue at Auburn. history suggest that is optimistic thinking.

Ok

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

What you posted was literally someone doing a report about ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL. It wasn't just Sanders. I can now see that you don't actually read the stuff, you just quickly Google and then believe everything you see. 12 to 14 you say? You don't have to read it for me or copy and paste it just a link would be good. Could you link that? Not every person that played football just Deion Sanders is all I'm asking

But I asked you a very specific question I asked you to post the sexual assaults....what you came up with was an allegation from a former wife that he wasn't convicted of. There aren't multiple ones like you suggested. So you then just went to whatever you could find on him. Which is cool I expect nothing less from you, but even you should feel that you shouldn't necessarily just say a person has been convicted multiple times of sexual assault if it's not true.....I mean admin said they wouldn't tolerate any of that foolishness and they would hand out bans......

Feb 27, 1989  •Florida State's two-time All-America cornerback, Deion Sanders, ... had been implicated in at least 61 sexual assaults between '83 and '85.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

Nope, I'm gonna do it. You can't stop me. The mods can't stop me. The federal government can't stop me.

Barry Sanders didn’t just blow away the competition to win the Heisman Trophy in 1988. His incredible rushing season was and still is the most dominant season for a college running back in NCAA history. Sanders broke an absurd 34 NCAA records in 1988.

Most rushing yards in a season: 2,628 (bowl game stats didn’t count toward season stats in 1988)

Most rushing touchdowns in a season: 37

Most total touchdowns in a season: 39

Most games with over 300 rushing yards in a career: four (Sanders did it in one season)

Most points scored in a season: 234

Sanders’ rushing records are considered some of the most untouchable in sports today.

34A3CB61-F665-403A-836B-A0EF52F4CB90.gif

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This is the one most troubling to me...

And this is the guy they want on the sidelines, that they’re completely willing to forgive, but not Hugh Freeze.

Meanwhile Hugh Freeze asked his wife to forgive them, she did, and they are still married to this day. And his opening presser he said that she has the best woman God has ever made. Haven’t heard that from Prime.

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Meanwhile Hugh Freeze asked his wife to forgive them, she did, and they are still married to this day. And his opening presser he said that she has the best woman God has ever made. Haven’t heard that from Prime.

Why would Prime say that about Freeze's wife? Weird. 

(this is just a joke)

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Feb 27, 1989  •Florida State's two-time All-America cornerback, Deion Sanders, ... had been implicated in at least 61 sexual assaults between '83 and '85.

You can't just add an ellipsis wherever you want to make it say something entirely different. 

From the article you linked:

"Florida State's two-time All-America cornerback, Deion Sanders, was placed on six months' probation and fined $800 after pleading no contest to charges of grabbing a salesclerk's blouse and striking a security guard during a scuffle at a shopping mall in Fort Myers, Fla."

2 paragraphs later:

"In a 1986 survey of 350 colleges, the Philadelphia Daily News found that athletes had been implicated in at least 61 sexual assaults between '83 and '85."

I'm not getting into this debate, but you shouldn't just post wildly inaccurate statements. Don't you think it would be big news if Deion had 61 sexual assaults in 2 years?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, cbo said:

You can't just add an ellipsis wherever you want to make it say something entirely different. 

"Florida State's two-time All-America cornerback, Deion Sanders, was placed on six months' probation and fined $800 after pleading no contest to charges of grabbing a salesclerk's blouse and striking a security guard during a scuffle at a shopping mall in Fort Myers, Fla."

2 paragraphs later:

"In a 1986 survey of 350 colleges, the Philadelphia Daily News found that athletes had been implicated in at least 61 sexual assaults between '83 and '85."

I'm not getting into this debate, but you shouldn't just post wildly inaccurate statements. Don't you think it would be big news if Deion had 61 sexual assaults in 2 years?

You’re asking the wrong guy to have a measure of sincerity and honesty lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, cbo said:

2 paragraphs later:

thats hilarious

• Like 1