Carnell Williams - Associate Head Coach

RunInRed

War Damn Caddy.  That was a no brainer for Caddy.  If you have watched an Auburn game over the last 4 weeks, you know it was Caddy that kept this from crumbling to the ground.

Edited by j0hnnyRingo
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

War Damn Caddy.  That was a no brainer for Caddy.  If you have watched an Auburn game over the last 4 weeks, you know it was Caddy that kept this from crumbling to the ground.

Johnny you nailed it. Carnell may be the most important piece to this puzzle. Fantastic news

• Like 4

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

So what are the responsibilities of an associate head coach?

Think Commander Riker

Amazing news and such a classy announcement by Caddie!  

His passion for Auburn and love for coaching these guys was noticed by everyone, nation-wide, and I'm sure it opened some eyes.  He will continue to do well in life and in his career and I'm glad he has chosen to do that here. 

• Like 2

Its interesting that Twitter has a filter on this post for potential sensitive content.  We still have work to do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That really doesn’t help. 😕

Well I was making a bit of a joke but that's not far from the truth.

In a sense, he's very much the "first officer" under Freeze and basically second in the chain of command. If Freeze is let go for some reason, this means Caddy runs the show in the interim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

man i am so happy for mr'Lac! i have his rookie auto! i would bet my butt they sat down and told caddy to keep a close eye on things.

• Like 2

This is the best move for Caddy. He is 40 and never been head coach at any college so he needs sone time to grow. He has all the attributes to someday be a head coach hopefully at AU. Having this Assc. Head coach will allow him t grow and mature and I think he will be a great asset for the team and AU. War Eagle lets go win. 

• Like 1

I got to meet Cadillac after the 2004 IB just outside the stadium. In fact I met him, Ronny Brown, and Brett Eddins all at the same time. Got their autographs and talked to them for a few minutes. Cadillac is the nicest and most genuine man you will ever meet. All three are, but Cadillac just stood out. I’m so happy for him and wish him well. This is great news. 

27 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

So what are the responsibilities of an associate head coach?

Would think it is more of a title and statement showing respect and appreciation for performance and services. Similar to being named VP in some organizations. Sure his day to day duties will come out.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Well I was making a bit of a joke but that's not far from the truth.

In a sense, he's very much the "first officer" under Freeze and basically second in the chain of command. If Freeze is let go for some reason, this means Caddy runs the show in the interim.

Not necessarily. Zac was associate HC.