Freeze Intro Press Conference

NoALtiger

-- “I feel like this is, no offense to another school or anything, but I feel like I’ve leapfrogged where I was at that time (Ole Miss) by being in this family and this culture here.

-- “I see this as one of the top 10 football programs in the nation.”

-- I haven’t had a chance to really evaluate our roster yet. But I think we can turn it reasonably fast with the new world that we’re in.”

-- “I let some people down, and I’m sorry. I’ve spent the past six years working to earn back the trust of people, and I thank Liberty for that chance.”

-- “I don’t know anybody in this room that doesn’t deserve a second chance, and truthfully if everyone’s life was as documented as mine, I’m sure it would be uncomfortable.”

-- “I think I had an opportunity to get into the league as an offensive coordinator and I chose to go to Liberty,” Freeze said about the rumors that SEC commissioner Greg Sankey blocked him from getting jobs in the conference.

-- “I’ve got a lot of respect for Nick (Saban) and Miss Terry but I hope they’re a little nervous today.”

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2022/11/live-updates-hugh-freeze-press-conference.html

• Like 1

Friggin Goodman...."I'm wondering why you think you deserve a second chance?" 

I can't stand that guy. Just the tone in his voice when he asked makes me want to remove him from the Birthday party invite list.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I can't stand that guy. Just the tone in his voice when he asked makes me want to remove him from the Birthday party invite list.

Probably prepping for his AL.com hit piece.

Edited by fishepa
  • Like 4

Freeze when asked if he will call plays (summarized) - "Ive called plays my whole career. Im currently contemplating bringing someone in that can help me based off some of the text I have received from people who may be better at it than I am". 

I found this bit interesting....taking his ego out of it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I’m actually glad he and Tom Green are asking some hard questions. He’s got to be able to address the 800 lb gorilla in the room and not just be lobbed softball questions. It’s the only way to give people insight into who he is compared to all the social media maelstrom they’ve read. 

• Like 7

After watching the press conference, I like his answers.  I'm ready to get behind him and see where this goes.

• Like 7

Awesome presser. Basically hit on most everything and seemed genuine to me on each topic. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the hiring, it’s done and the train has left the station. That debate is over so let’s get behind this staff and team and fix this thing. 

• Like 7