Kiffin FINALLY signs extension

WarrrEagleHey

I will be the first to acknowledge that I know very little about the inner workings of coaches, agents, and getting contracts signed. I just found it funny, and a little curious, that LK didn't sign his extension until the day we announced our new coach, after so many days of sitting on it. I kept wondering why he never signed, and if he was holding out for some reason. 

Edited by WarrrEagleHey
  • Haha 1

Last night a buddy of mine (who has good connections with a few high profile boosters) told me that a clause or two were added to the Lane contract after discussions were well under way that added VERY high buyouts should Lane leave for either the NFL or Turdghanistan. Said it really pissed him off. Anyone hear anything similar?

37 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Last night a buddy of mine (who has good connections with a few high profile boosters) told me that a clause or two were added to the Lane contract after discussions were well under way that added VERY high buyouts should Lane leave for either the NFL or Turdghanistan. Said it really pissed him off. Anyone hear anything similar?

I’ve heard it the other way. Lane wanted a clause where he would get the guaranteed buyout even if he did indeed leave for bama or another job. Cohen obviously said no. I believe it was briefly discussed on the Locked On AU podcast. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

As noted above by @AUStew87   you heard it backwards. An agreement was in place, then Kiffin came back with various changes that benefited him way too much. Cohen then told him to go away.

37 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

I’ve heard it the other way. Lane wanted a clause where he would get the guaranteed buyout even if he did indeed leave for bama or another job. Cohen obviously said no. I believe it was briefly discussed on the Locked On AU podcast. 

Wow, that’s hilarious 😂😂😂 what a clown 🤡

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

As noted above by @AUStew87   you heard it backwards. An agreement was in place, then Kiffin came back with various changes that benefited him way too much. Cohen then told him to go away.

So, he went for it on 4th and goal from the 16, instead of taking the field goal?  Definitely sounds consistent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 11/30/2022 at 7:27 AM, Strychnine said:

So, he went for it on 4th and goal from the 16, instead of taking the field goal?  Definitely sounds consistent.

Thank goodness we didn't get a full blown analytics coach like Kiffin. I'm telling ya, the Ole Miss message boards go full meltdown mode when Lane goes for it in FG range and fails. It's cost them a few games in his 3 years there. He lost them the 2021 game in Jordan Hare. He was in FG range on 5 occasions and never kicked the FG. Instead he chose to go for it on 4th down and failed each time. That's a possible 15 points he left on the field and we only beat them by 11 points, 31-20. 

Freeze also had alot better defenses and special team units at Ole Miss compared to Kiffin. I'm stoked about this hire. WDE

21 hours ago, The Freak said:

Kiffen signed it not one second before Jimmy told him to.

Sexton controls the agents, controls the ad's, controls a lot of the assistant coaches and probably bybasses certain ad's alltogether and talks directly to the boosters. Its quite impressive. I see he has given a list to Freeze of assistant coaches per media reports.

16 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Sexton controls the agents, controls the ad's, controls a lot of the assistant coaches and probably bybasses certain ad's alltogether and talks directly to the boosters. Its quite impressive. I see he has given a list to Freeze of assistant coaches per media reports.

Some say Sexton, Saban and Sankey are the 3 most powerful people in the SEC. They could be ranked 1 thru 3 in any way and it would be correct. 

On 11/30/2022 at 7:27 AM, Strychnine said:

He trusted his analytics ...

Such a Kiffin move.