Robby Ashford Shoulder Injury

Didba

So it has recently been reported by Ashford that he played most of the season with an AC sprain to his throwing shoulder. The pain was so bad he couldn’t sleep some nights and wouldn’t throw all week in practice. 

This makes sense because when he first started getting playtime I thought he’d flash a nice accurate pass across the middle or deep with a lot of zip on it.

By the time Caddy was coach, the zip he had on the ball appeared gone and with it the little bit of accuracy he seemed to have. 

very excited to see what he can do when healthy. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/auburn-football-qb-robby-ashford-030631533.html

Edited by Didba
  • Like 4

Doesn't this happen like every year?  Our QB doesn't do well because they get the crap kicked out of them every game.  Then we learn they were injured most of the season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Doesn't this happen like every year?  Our QB doesn't do well because they get the crap kicked out of them every game.  Then we learn they were injured most of the season.

Well, this isn’t the first time.  

4 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Well, this isn’t the first time.  

Cox played most of one year with the majority of his thigh black from a deep bruise. He had trouble with his throwing footwork all year, and was particularly bad in one game where there was a sudden cold snap that hit on gameday, Arkansas maybe?

Nix played hurt a good bit too. 

As I said last Saturday after the IB on here, RA is a warrior, and he can QB my team anytime. 

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, shabby said:

I hope continuing to play with an injury didn't create lasting damage

What I have read b4 about AC sprain it is all abt managing the pain during throwing for QB’s. Not a fun injury.

• Like 2

If you give Robby time to heal, time to throw, along with proper coaching, the sky is the limit. There are not to many QBs that can make this throw. It was a thing of beauty. 

• Like 2

Anyone hear anything about results of surgery for Calzada’s shoulder? Had Calzada shown any interest in staying at AU?

I somewhat believe he could be a wildcard in QB position with proper tutoring and development.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Anyone hear anything about results of surgery for Calzada’s shoulder? Had Calzada shown any interest in staying at AU?

I somewhat believe he could be a wildcard in QB position with proper tutoring and development.

I'm interested in this as well, I know he was favored by many here and the media before last season to start. 

We need everyone on board in the QB room when CHF starts working with them.  Someone has to step-up and be #1.

17 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Wasn't it reported that ZC is staying?

I thought I saw report of a tweet to that effect.

19 minutes ago, au701948 said:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, au701948 said:

15 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

I'm interested in this as well, I know he was favored by many here and the media before last season to start. 

We need everyone on board in the QB room when CHF starts working with them.  Someone has to step-up and be #1.

Story is that he sent CHF a text Monday night that his intention was to stay at AU and compete.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Didba said:

So it has recently been reported by Ashford that he played most of the season with an AC sprain to his throwing shoulder. The pain was so bad he couldn’t sleep some nights and wouldn’t throw all week in practice. 

This makes sense because when he first started getting playtime I thought he’d flash a nice accurate pass across the middle or deep with a lot of zip on it.

By the time Caddy was coach, the zip he had on the ball appeared gone and with it the little bit of accuracy he seemed to have. 

very excited to see what he can do when healthy. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/auburn-football-qb-robby-ashford-030631533.html

One thing I expect from Coach Freeze is a good hire on the OL coaching and sone really good recruiting some good OLs . Also need a hood hire for strength coordinator . Outline has been a huge problem not just in recruiting but in development and coaching. As Pat used to say games are win and lost in the trenches. Look no further than tuscalooser this year. You have a  Heisman  QB and world class RBs but their OL was down this year and it cost them dearly. The OL and DL can make or break those players playing behind them. 

32 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Great question.

36 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Last I heard Calzada had expressed his interest in staying at Auburn to Freeze

Has there been any info on how Geriner feels about CHF? I know there was some unhappiness in season with prior coach. I have not read anything on his thoughts since CHF has been hired. 
He certainly has very good credentials.
If something has been mentioned before, I apologize for having missed it. Thanks

4 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Cox played most of one year with the majority of his thigh black from a deep bruise. He had trouble with his throwing footwork all year, and was particularly bad in one game where there was a sudden cold snap that hit on gameday, Arkansas maybe?

Nix played hurt a good bit too. 

As I said last Saturday after the IB on here, RA is a warrior, and he can QB my team anytime. 

Sean White played hurt, too, I believe. 

Not to knock on Robbie but I need to see consistency in his passing before I get excited.  Would I love to see good accuracy to go along with those wheels.......of course.  Just saying that he needs to improve a great deal in his passing and his decision making if he is going to remain a quarterback.  Having said that, the kid has a lot of talent and if the injury was the reason for inaccuracy, I think getting healed up and spending time with Coach HF, will tell us all we need to know of whether he has it or not.  I am pulling for him.  If he can put it all together, he could be dynamite and a headache for everyone on defense.  Right now, he is only a threat with his legs.  I do think it would be wise to test the transfer portal for one quarterback if one fits exactly what HF is looking for.  Ashford, Holden, Calzada, and one from portal would be a good competition in the spring.  

• Like 1

I hope he heals up.  Robbie is such a good runner that I'd give him every chance to win the QB job.  Even if he doesn't, I think he could be outstanding as a Wildcat QB.

7 hours ago, fishepa said:

I’m not sure, but I think this injury might initially have been caused by Robbie himself. Wasn’t it in the Mizzou game where he hurt his shoulder while trying to block for Bigsby?

2 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Not to knock on Robbie but I need to see consistency in his passing before I get excited.  Would I love to see good accuracy to go along with those wheels.......of course.  Just saying that he needs to improve a great deal in his passing and his decision making if he is going to remain a quarterback.  Having said that, the kid has a lot of talent and if the injury was the reason for inaccuracy, I think getting healed up and spending time with Coach HF, will tell us all we need to know of whether he has it or not.  I am pulling for him.  If he can put it all together, he could be dynamite and a headache for everyone on defense.  Right now, he is only a threat with his legs.  I do think it would be wise to test the transfer portal for one quarterback if one fits exactly what HF is looking for.  Ashford, Holden, Calzada, and one from portal would be a good competition in the spring.  

I agree and think that HF may very well bring at least one QB. However, I think he will be looking for experience and specific skills and attributes. Maybe maybe not, but would not be surprised.

I would think CHF will bring in one QB from the portal, the best one he can get. I guess we already have our HS QB recruit. I would expect Freeze to sign off on him since he was CCW's guy, I think.