Keiondre Jones enters Transfer Portal

TD1

I think we are going to see a lot of this.  With the transfer portal guy can enter their names and see what "offers" are out there (school/NIL) and then make their decision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I think we are going to see a lot of this.  With the transfer portal guy can enter their names and see what "offers" are out there (school/NIL) and then make their decision.

Yep, everyone is essentially a free agent and coaches are going to have to continue to re-recruit their rosters.

Keondre is an enigma to me.  I really thought he was going to be a stud this year and he yet he seemed to regress.  I believe he has the talent.  If he decides to stay once we get a new staff he has potential to help on the O-line. He and Wright who really came on at the end of the season could give us 2 solid guards. After that I am not sure what we have returning on O-Line hat might be ready for next season. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

What is the reasoning for entering instead of waiting a week on the new staff?

Is it about the possibility of money? I mean looking at our OL performance over the last couple of seasons, I am not sure there is merit at at that position just yet.

• Like 2

AKA.....

AU needs OL.

Very limited OL prospects in the portal.

I want to re-negotiate my NIL deal.

Edited by AUY2K
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

What is the reasoning for entering instead of waiting a week on the new staff?

Is it about the possibility of money? I mean looking at our OL performance over the last couple of seasons, I am not sure there is merit at at that position just yet.

Cant find out what else is out there without entering the portal.  Enter the portal, see what options are there and then base your decision on your current situation vs new options.

FWIW Hoke said the other day that he saw this coming from KJ but expects KJ to come back to Auburn. Says KJ just wants to see what his options are.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Hoke said the other day that he saw this coming from KJ but expects KJ to come back to Auburn. Says KJ just wants to see what his options are.

His options for PT or NIL $$?

I'm just gonna say It. I don't thank anybody's going to come looking at our offensive lineman entering the portal has a good get

• Like 1

Seemed to play more towards the end of the year.

Anyone know what was up with him?  Bad coaching evals by Harsin?  Hurt?  Scheme?

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Keondre is an enigma to me.  I really thought he was going to be a stud this year and he yet he seemed to regress.  I believe he has the talent.  If he decides to stay once we get a new staff he has potential to help on the O-line. He and Wright who really came on at the end of the season could give us 2 solid guards. After that I am not sure what we have returning ton O-Line hat might be ready for next season. 

Agree. Maybe it was coaching. Experienced OL are the last guys we need to lose, but every team, good and bad will now go through this. It’s like NFL free agency after one year. 

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Seemed to play more towards the end of the year.

Anyone know what was up with him?  Bad coaching evals by Harsin?  Hurt?  Scheme?

I know he was banged up in camp/early in the season. Never really got his mojo back from last season.

Anyone have the link to the transfer portal website?  Would like to look it over to see who is in it and keep an eye over the weekend to see where every player we get ranks according to others in their position group.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

Anyone have the link to the transfer portal website?  Would like to look it over to see who is in it and keep an eye over the weekend to see where every player we get ranks according to others in their position group.  Thanks.

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/TransferPortal/

• Thanks 1

This is only the beginning.  It is going to be very interesting to see how high the "payrolls" will go.  How long will it be before the best players are paid more than their coaches?  Will eligibility be extended?  Will scholarship limits be increased or, reduced?  Will we see college football almost every day of the week?  Will academic requirements eventually go away?  Will athletic departments be staffed by highly skilled business executives rather than college administrators?  Could we ever see the day when college football competes with the NFL rather than acting as their farm system?

College football is now something that most of us could have never imagined and, still cannot fathom how far all of this could go.

• Like 1

Oh well if he doesn't want to be here then bye bye and good luck. I think it's pretty safe to say that the o-line was one of the biggest problems on the team the last 2 years. Yes, they did play better the last few games but were not what I would call a very good line. With the exception of maybe 2 guys, the rest seemed to lack the nastiness and aggression you have to have to be good in the SEC. And they committed a metric ton of stupid penalties. 

• Dislike 1

15 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

This is only the beginning.  It is going to be very interesting to see how high the "payrolls" will go.  How long will it be before the best players are paid more than their coaches?  Will eligibility be extended?  Will scholarship limits be increased or, reduced?  Will we see college football almost every day of the week?  Will academic requirements eventually go away?  Will athletic departments be staffed by highly skilled business executives rather than college administrators?  Could we ever see the day when college football competes with the NFL rather than acting as their farm system?

College football is now something that most of us could have never imagined and, still cannot fathom how far all of this could go.

You've got this right. As long as it's the wild west and there aren't any/many parameters around NIL, it could get really outta hand quickly, if it already hasn't, especially with the transfer portal. But while it is what it is now, let's take advantage of it ASAP to get our team back to competing for SEC titles/natties. 

16 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

we should get the mods to tag this. you got more pull than me but it would be handy to look anytime and see what we got or might get. thanks for posting this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, TD1 said:

He committed to FSU

stings. I'm about tired of Florida State. They've been a thorn in our side since 2013.