Need a laugh? "Locked on Ole Miss" take on Lane Kiffen/Auburn

homersapien

I couldn’t watch all of that stupid show but my goodness what is Lang Kiffin biggest win? And what has Ol miss done in the last 50 years besides the two wins over Alabama with Freeze. 

Edited by eagle12
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

I couldn’t watch all of that stupid show but my goodness what is Lang Kiffin biggest win? And what has Ol miss done in the last 50 years besides the two wins over Alabama with Freeze. 

You should’ve heard what they were saying when they thought he was going to leave. 

• Thanks 1

It is absolutely an upside down world when ole miss is acting smug. I’ve got uga guys around me snickering - it’s much of the outside world’s sentiment of us right now.  But the one valid point he made is that it’s time to produce. Freeze can earn some quick good will and respect with the portal and recruiting. 

Best program? hahaha  I quit after that pronouncement.

Has Kiffin upped the program in the past couple of years? Yes.

Is Ole Miss ready to compete for SEC championships? Nope.

Is Auburn the worse program at present? YES! I'm not an apologist for Malzahn, much less Harsin, but as for now, Auburn sux and we all know Auburn sux.

Does that mean Ole Miss is a "better program"? Or is this just a brief spell in which they have had a better year than Auburn?

As for "program" you can easily look up how many national championships, and SEC championships Ole Miss has won. hahaha

All that said, Auburn fans (at least a lot of the faithful on this board) were slobbering .... groveling .... begging .... praying ... for Kiffin to come to Auburn, to SAVE US from the embarrassment, the ignominy of Harsin.

So now all the Ole Miss fans can gloat that he decided to skip the Auburn dumpster fire and pretend it is because they have the "better program."

How long until Auburn once again beating Ole Miss into the turf? I dunno. I'm not yet convinced Freeze is the SECW freezer. But I am certain that Ole Miss has never and will never have a better program than Auburn.

WDE!

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't watch it because I would probably blow a gasket. That fanbase truly feels like the Auburn job is a step down from Ole Miss. When we were supposedly going to hire Kiffin, I went to their message boards to get a feel of how they view Lane. It was unbelievable how out of touch with reality they are. They keep saying "We're 8-4 with a possibility of 9-4 (bowl game). We aren't on Alabama or UGA level yet but we are definitely the 3rd best SEC school the past 3 years. How many schools can say that they went 9-4 in a rebuilding year? Well, we can. With Lane's extension and Saban will soon retire, it's gonna be us and LSU each year for the SEC West. I think we have the edge over LSU because our Kiffin is a better all around coach than Brian Kelly." 

They said the only reason they lost 3 in a row and 4 of the last 5 was Kiffin's distractions with Auburn. I know every fanbase feels their own team is better than what others perceive it to be. That's fine. But Ole Miss fans are on another level and they truly believe it. 

Not counting Texas A&M because they are relatively new to the SEC but Ole Miss is the ONLY school in the Western division to never play in the SECCG. Kentucky and Vanderbilt are the other 2 that haven't made it to the SECCG. They were good under Johnny Vaught and that's it. David Cutcliffe had one 10 win season due to Eli Manning being his QB. Hugh Freeze had one 10 win season and Lane Kiffin had a 10 win season last year. That's it!!! 

One other thing, after the Egg Bowl loss, they all went berserk and wanted Kiffin to leave because he is inconsistent and loses alot of games by his own doing (analytics). They wanted Hugh Freeze to come back and replace Kiffin. If he couldn't then they wanted Dave Aranda, Dan Lanning, Sean Payton, Josh Heupel or Luke Fickel. They're claiming John Cohen leaked all the Kiffin stuff so their team would be very distracted and lose the Egg Bowl. My question is who leaked stuff that caused them to lose the previous 3 out of 4??  

With us hiring Freeze, this will make another rivalry type game with Ole Miss. I can't wait!!! WDE

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

How long until Auburn once again beating Ole Miss into the turf? I dunno.

WDE!

I’d guess next year or the year after. We almost beat them this year with our worst team in more than a decade. 

Lol, I made it 20 seconds into his spiel, before I had to shut it down.  Au is 35-11 all time vs OM,  they've beaten us 5 times since 2000... Eli finally got us in '03 (barely), 2008 & 2012 (deleted seasons from my memory), 2015, and 2022.  Not exactly juggernauts here.

Just stop trying.

I’ve always liked OM. If Auburn ceased to exist I would become a fan but this stuff lately is turning that sour. They’re not MSU level but getting there. 

My hate level for the West:

1. Alabama

2. LSU

3. MSU (strictly for Cam)

4. Arkansas

5. TAMU (so indifferent to them. There’s no history there. They’re just weird.)

6. Ole Miss

• Like 1

I’ve always had a little bit of a soft spot for Ole Miss after the Zac Etheridge injury, and the way their player handled it. That soft spot is gone. 

9 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I didn't watch it because I would probably blow a gasket. That fanbase truly feels like the Auburn job is a step down from Ole Miss. When we were supposedly going to hire Kiffin, I went to their message boards to get a feel of how they view Lane. It was unbelievable how out of touch with reality they are. They keep saying "We're 8-4 with a possibility of 9-4 (bowl game). We aren't on Alabama or UGA level yet but we are definitely the 3rd best SEC school the past 3 years. How many schools can say that they went 9-4 in a rebuilding year? Well, we can. With Lane's extension and Saban will soon retire, it's gonna be us and LSU each year for the SEC West. I think we have the edge over LSU because our Kiffin is a better all around coach than Brian Kelly." 

They said the only reason they lost 3 in a row and 4 of the last 5 was Kiffin's distractions with Auburn. I know every fanbase feels their own team is better than what others perceive it to be. That's fine. But Ole Miss fans are on another level and they truly believe it. 

Not counting Texas A&M because they are relatively new to the SEC but Ole Miss is the ONLY school in the Western division to never play in the SECCG. Kentucky and Vanderbilt are the other 2 that haven't made it to the SECCG. They were good under Johnny Vaught and that's it. David Cutcliffe had one 10 win season due to Eli Manning being his QB. Hugh Freeze had one 10 win season and Lane Kiffin had a 10 win season last year. That's it!!! 

One other thing, after the Egg Bowl loss, they all went berserk and wanted Kiffin to leave because he is inconsistent and loses alot of games by his own doing (analytics). They wanted Hugh Freeze to come back and replace Kiffin. If he couldn't then they wanted Dave Aranda, Dan Lanning, Sean Payton, Josh Heupel or Luke Fickel. They're claiming John Cohen leaked all the Kiffin stuff so their team would be very distracted and lose the Egg Bowl. My question is who leaked stuff that caused them to lose the previous 3 out of 4??  

With us hiring Freeze, this will make another rivalry type game with Ole Miss. I can't wait!!! WDE

Living around LSwho fans has made me see that Kelly was the diamond hire. Why you may ask? It's because the obnoxiousness of the fans went into overdrive this year. It is much nicer down here when they are loosing😁 Kiffin would have been a good hire for us because of his ability to coach but his downfall would have been the ego the size of Saban's without the merit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, einatlanta said:

Living around LSwho fans has made me see that Kelly was the diamond hire. Why you may ask? It's because the obnoxiousness of the fans went into overdrive this year. It is much nicer down here when they are loosing😁 Kiffin would have been a good hire for us because of his ability to coach but his downfall would have been the ego the size of Saban's without the merit. 

Man, I live with the corndogs up on the 1-20 corridor. It has been funny to watch the roller coaster ride this year. Ready to fire him after game 1 to world champs after the Bama game to silence after  A&M.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

He's right about one thing, quit talking. You want the respect you feel you deserve go out and win games. Period.

• Like 3

Give him credit for taking advantage of this BRIEF moment in history where OM actually won a game against us.    May not even last until next season but give it two years and we'll have our foot on their neck like usual.

I don't personally have much use for these kinds of debates.  I have no desire to argue that we are the more elite program between the two, just like I don't like the elitism that Alabama fans exude when talking about other programs.  My take: let's work every day to destroy our opponents on the field.  Let our actions on the field make our statements for us!

Facts sometimes hurt....Auburn is 16-5 since 02 against ole miss...latest losses are 2012, 2015 and 2022. Not sure I would be beating my chest about that record, I guess we will see how the Kiffin experiment continues but Ole Miss is Ole Miss....

:)